ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy stats about your team

You are correct. I apologize. I will do better. I need to be more positive.

You can do whatever you want. Be as negative and combative as you want. I feel pretty confident that I'm a lot smarter than you though so you'll probably lose the majority of the battles.

As much as I hate when Duke plays Virginia, there really isn't any reason to hate Virginia. Especially if you are a Kentucky fan. Weird.

He probably just doesn't understand how other teams can win games without top 2 recruiting classes each year.

This past Saturday night was the 11th time 2 SEC teams that were ranked in the Top 5 played a game against each other.

UK was also one of the teams the other 10 times.
Just piggybacking off of this. But to be fair, your point is more relevant because it is from this year.

But Duke and unc have played each other 11 times while both teams were ranked in the top 5 by themselves. Not sure how many times it has happened in the conference.

Last edited:
You can do whatever you want. Be as negative and combative as you want. I feel pretty confident that I'm a lot smarter than you though so you'll probably lose the majority of the battles.
Interesting. I raised the white flag and you want to be combative. I will compare my education and occupation with you anytime.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Talk about crazy:

Cam Reddish is a better 3-point shooter when Duke is trailing in a game. He’s not that good when Duke is winning.

Also, Duke is a better 3 point shooting team on the road than at home.
He's clearly just dogging it out there most games and waiting for the chance to be the hero and boost his draft stock.

UK has the largest point loss (to Duke) by a team that went on to beat the #1 ranked team. . . probably.

Last edited:
UK has the largest point loss (to Duke) by a team that went on to beat the #1 ranked team. . . probably.
Isn't it weird that Tennessee was ranked number one and lost on the road against the number five team and fell all the way to fifth place? It's almost as if everyone knew that they were just the number one by default team.

Duke has lost as the number one team twice this year. First time, they fell to third place. Second time they fell to second place. We all know who the real number one team is this year.

Isn't it weird that Tennessee was ranked number one and lost on the road against the number five team and fell all the way to fifth place? It's almost as if everyone knew that they were just the number one by default team.

Duke has lost as the number one team twice this year. First time, they fell to third place. Second time they fell to second place. We all know who the real number one team is this year.
Duke has always been #1. Everyone else has just been in the way.

I don't know what we're going to do without the "will ____ leap Tennessee for number one with a win over ____?" Threads.

They’ll be replaced by @JimboBBN vs. 47 koalas” threads.

23BEAF2B00000578-0-image-a-5_1417730244685.jpg

Gamecocks have hit 49 3s in 4 games while shooting over 50% in this timeframe.

Basically shot like 60 percent against UT making 14 and still lost by 12 lol

Reactions: jhmossy
And this is why no one buys that crap about the Big 12 being the best league. Kansas would have 6 or 7 losses in the ACC right now.
They certainly aren’t the best league this year. And Kansas wouldn’t have won any other power conference for the last 15 straight years but the Big 12 is normally a pretty solid conference. This might be their weakest year in awhile though even if they end up sending 7 teams to the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: GE Nole
They certainly aren’t the best league this year. And Kansas wouldn’t have won any other power conference for the last 15 straight years but the Big 12 is normally a pretty solid conference. This might be their weakest year in awhile though even if they end up sending 7 teams to the NCAA tournament.
Just curious, would you rather have another conference title, or a #1 seed?

Just curious, would you rather have another conference title, or a #1 seed?
This year? I don’t think KU could get a #1 seed unless they win every game through the conference tournament. That would mean they’d at least share the title.

Better question is would I rather have a conference title or Final Four. I’m going with a Final Four every time. You would think that’s the obvious answer but it isn’t for many on the Slant.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Our leading scorer comes off the bench.

Despite having two guys 6’10+, our leading rebounder (in terms of RPG) is a wing.

We have 11 guys playing 9 minutes or more per game.

Those are some crazy stats. You also might have some coaching issues.

And this is why no one buys that crap about the Big 12 being the best league. Kansas would have 6 or 7 losses in the ACC right now.
Self at KU is 14-2 vs ACC (3-1 vs Duke and 3-0 vs UNC), I think we'd be competitive in that league but what do I know.

The ACC is definitely better than the Big 12 this year. I don't think its close. Big 12 is better year in and year out than most fans from other conferences want to believe though.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Self at KU is 14-2 vs ACC (3-1 vs Duke and 3-0 vs UNC), I think we'd be competitive in that league but what do I know.

The ACC is definitely better than the Big 12 this year. I don't think its close. Big 12 is better year in and year out than most fans from other conferences want to believe though.
I think it’s safe to say Kansas absolutely would not have won the ACC in 2005, 2009 and 2015. I can’t recall how strong the ACC was in 2006 but that was a season where Kansas didn’t have an elite team so it’s likely that they wouldn’t have won the ACC that year. We can probably include 2014 in there as well. Most of the other years KU had an elite team so they would’ve been right there in the mix with anybody.

Reactions: GE Nole
I think it’s safe to say Kansas absolutely would not have won the ACC in 2005, 2009 and 2015. I can’t recall how strong the ACC was in 2006 but that was a season where Kansas didn’t have an elite team so it’s likely that they wouldn’t have won the ACC that year. We can probably include 2014 in there as well. Most of the other years KU had an elite team so they would’ve been right there in the mix with anybody.
Yeah I certainly don't think we'd have won the ACC or any other power conference 14 years in a row but I don't think any other program would have won the Big 12 every year since 05. My point was that we'd be competitive every year in the ACC. If we had joined the ACC 15 years ago, its not like we'd be looking at consistent 4th-7th place finishes over that time.

ADVERTISEMENT