ADVERTISEMENT

Covid: Your Town

My concern is that our state locked down too early, and now people haven’t seen much happen, so they’re ready to get back to normalcy. I realize waiting would’ve caused issues, but the alarm bells rang early and people are beginning to call their bluff. We’ll know much more in a couple weeks, imo.

Yeah, I get what you mean. That is what sucks, about preventative measures... humans have a hard time evaluating them, because if they work nothing happens! So people say "Well look, nothing happened!" and have a hard time appreciating what DID happen. Fingers crossed that it doesn't spread like crazy when things open back up, but I am thinking it will:(

Reactions: 829305
Very glad I don't live in a large city on top of other people. That plus governor Dewine's early actions have limited Ohio's numbers, we don't have the population density even in our big cities. Most of the people I work with live in Michigan and have been locked down far worse and longer than we have.

Even closer to Louisville, now. We definitely need to have a meetup at some point. Half this board is within a few hours driving from Louisville I feel like. Theres a decent amount in the city and surrounding towns themselves.
Absolutely. It'd be nice to meet at a Bats game. Church Hill as well.

7-year old’s team begins practice June 1, games in July.

Edit: Have to think there are some gigs out there @IUfanBorden. Good luck!

I think my boy will have his last year of whatever LL is around here as well. He is 15 and they have what is called senior league this year. Last year's group was good and runner up in the state so I'm looking forward to it. Just ready to watch him play again. I think we start practice June 1st as well.

Reactions: 829305

There are.....USSSA starts June 14th. Some HS are talking about having a fall league. No college ball planned so far. I'll be able to make a few nickles ....

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The daughter is now playing daily with other 8 year olds in my subdivision and we are going to hang out at our friend's pool Memorial Day weekend. It's time to open back up. The quarantine was not a means to save everyone, it was to slow the surge of people to the hospital. Folks are going to die until this things runs it's course.

I think within a month you'll see everything close to business as usual and there will be revolt if states try to shutdown again. Especially considering the bogus numbers flying around (states counting covid deaths that aren't covid related, media going nuts because the number of infected are increasing by it's mainly due to more testing while the percentage of those who actually die are going down, etc.).

Live in a county of 120,000. Tests have increased dramatically, almost triple what they were last month. We have gone from an 11% positive test rate to under 5%. There have been 127 confirmed cases with a little over 30 being current. 3 people have died from it and as of yesterday. There were no patients in the hospital with covid. We could say that the stay at home order is the biggest reason, but people ain't stayin home round here. Selfishly speaking, I am really looking forward to sitting on the beach on Saturday drinking beers and pussing in the water. As they have finally opened the beaches without restrictions.

Daughters college volleyball team is having their camps starting in July. Kids on campus, players on campus. Now, it is in South Dakota but hey!

Driving to the land of corn for baseball today. @hawkit3113

Had to play on a field of dreams Tuesday. Guy had a nice field outside his house. Corn down the left field line and beans down the right field side. Grass infield though. Thanks, Covid.

If we don’t enter phase 4 in Illinois Friday I‘m going to puke.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Driving to the land of corn for baseball today. @hawkit3113

Had to play on a field of dreams Tuesday. Guy had a nice field outside his house. Corn down the left field line and beans down the right field side. Grass infield though. Thanks, Covid.

If we don’t enter phase 4 in Illinois Friday I‘m going to puke.
North Carolina has 3 phases of reopening and we’re currently in phase 2. Phase 1 started on May 8th and lasted until May 22nd when phase 2 started. Phase 3 is supposed to start 4-6 weeks after phase 2 and we’re in week 4 of phase 2, so phase 3 could start sometime in the next 2 weeks but I’m not so sure that it will because of our Governor.

We have been phased out completely here. No restrictions at all.

I still use a mask going to grocery store and when seeing my fiancé’s family. Her grandmother is 95. I still haven’t gone out to a restaurant yet, only for carry out. They just started allowing outside patio dining.

Baseball is generally April-early July here. Try to finish by July 4th weekend. Then, football kicks off the last week of July. This year it’s going to get crowded as my 7yo’s team plans to play into August. IF we get to play.
a lot of baseball children leagues are not going to play this year
which is sad

I still use a mask going to grocery store and when seeing my fiancé’s family. Her grandmother is 95. I still haven’t gone out to a restaurant yet, only for carry out. They just started allowing outside patio dining.

we fished Cave Run lake a couple of weeks ago and stopped on the way home and ate at Crackle Barrel in Morehead
every other table was empty

We’ve been eating in restaurants for a good month now. Masks are worn by about 5% of people here.

To each their own. I’m not trying to get anyone sick even if I’m not showing symptoms. I’m relatively young, I’m just trying to prevent spread.

Wash your hands and don’t cough on people or things.

Wisconsin continues to trend down despite most of the state being less conscious than me so *shrug*...

We have had 41 cases. 30 have recovered. 1 death. Our governor is one of only 4 nationwide not allowing gyms to open. Meanwhile Walmart, Lowe’s, grocery stores are packed with people, most now not wearing masks.

We’re headed back to Florida if governor jackass doesn’t open it up. Too bad our local government are cowards. They are destroying long-time resident’s and businesses while jackass walks with protesters and takes his mask off. I’m bout to go off the rails. Gonna be fugly if so.

We have had 41 cases. 30 have recovered. 1 death. Our governor is one of only 4 nationwide not allowing gyms to open. Meanwhile Walmart, Lowe’s, grocery stores are packed with people, most now not wearing masks.

We’re headed back to Florida if governor jackass doesn’t open it up. Too bad our local government are cowards. They are destroying long-time resident’s and businesses while jackass walks with protesters and takes his mask off. I’m bout to go off the rails. Gonna be fugly if so.
What state are you in? Are you in North Carolina? Because I read an article recently that said North Carolina is one of only 4 states that hasn’t allowed gyms to reopen. I also read an article that the Governor of North Carolina vetoed a bill this past Friday that would’ve allowed gyms and bars to reopen. I believe that it’s at least the second or third bill in the last month or so that he’s vetoed that would’ve allowed gyms and bars to reopen in North Carolina. I also read an article that said that every state that borders North Carolina has already allowed bars to reopen already.

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
What state are you in? Are you in North Carolina? Because I read an article recently that said North Carolina is one of only 4 states that hasn’t allowed gyms to reopen. I also read an article that the Governor of North Carolina vetoed a bill this past Friday that would’ve allowed gyms and bars to reopen. I believe that it’s at least the second or third bill in the last month or so that he’s vetoed that would’ve allowed gyms and bars to reopen in North Carolina. I also read an article that said that every state that borders North Carolina has already allowed bars to reopen already.

Yes I am. True on everything you posted. They are now set on determining heather to move to phase 3 this week as was his original plan. All you hear on the news up here is that positive cases are rising. What they rarely mention is how many more tests they are doing. My wife was recently tested before a minor medical procedure. Negative. Cooper is killing gyms, bars, bowling alleys, and movie theaters among others.

I’ve talked to gym goers who say they may never return because of the 3 month and counting closures. I’m doing my best with pushups, sit-ups, dips, curls, and my fav flipping a tire I thought was 175lbs. Googled it and found out it was 260. Raining every day so there’s several gallons of water in it every time. Closer to 300. Doing it cross-fit style for reps and it’s killing me man. I’m effin 61. Also walk the mountain road. If anyone doesn’t think 3,200 feet in elevation affects you...come see me lol. I’m want to get back in the gym now! Probably lost 10 lbs of muscle even so.

Last edited:
There are a couple of gyms in the Wilmington area that have opened despite the orders. They are taking precautions and only allowed a few people in each hour. Sherriff's office just notified them that they are not in compliance with the governor's orders but said that they wouldn't be back. Lol. Wish some bars would not comply too. We went up to Swansboro on Memorial Day and found a bar that said eff it. Was nice. It really is stupid though. We can go to mellow mushroom and sit at the bar all day, but we can't go to our local bar because they don't serve food.

Yes I am. True on everything you posted. They are now set on determining heather to move to phase 3 this week as was his original plan. All you hear on the news up here is that positive cases are rising. What they rarely mention is how many more tests they are doing. My wife was recently tested before a minor medical procedure. Negative. Cooper is killing gyms, bars, bowling alleys, and movie theaters among others.

I’ve talked to gym goers who say they may never return because of the 3 month and counting closures. I’m doing my best with pushups, sit-ups, dips, curls, and my fav flipping a tire I thought was 175lbs. Googled it and found out it was 260. Raining every day so there’s several gallons of water in it every time. Closer to 300. Doing it cross-fit style for reps and it’s killing me man. I’m effin 61. Also walk the mountain road. If anyone doesn’t think 3,200 feet in elevation affects you...come see me lol. I’m want to get back in the gym now! Probably lost 10 lbs of muscle even so.

There are a couple of gyms in the Wilmington area that have opened despite the orders. They are taking precautions and only allowed a few people in each hour. Sherriff's office just notified them that they are not in compliance with the governor's orders but said that they wouldn't be back. Lol. Wish some bars would not comply too. We went up to Swansboro on Memorial Day and found a bar that said eff it. Was nice. It really is stupid though. We can go to mellow mushroom and sit at the bar all day, but we can't go to our local bar because they don't serve food.
I saw an article posted on Facebook earlier today that sAid some gyms in NC hade reopened because they found a medical loophole that allows them to reopen for people that have medical/health issues that requires them to workout.

in Iowa they tested 10,000 more people and found 300 more cases. that means that 9,700 that tested negative. but the news comes out and states that the virus is spiking.

out of 3,300,000 people in the state 248,600 have been tested, total positive cases is now at 28,000+ with a total of 16,000+ recovered of those that tested positive.

the media is the biggest fear monger in this.

I saw an article posted on Facebook earlier today that sAid some gyms in NC hade reopened because they found a medical loophole that allows them to reopen for people that have medical/health issues that requires them to workout.

Hmmm... wonder if mental health qualifies?
Wish our gym owner would just open up. Says he’s talking to Sheriff and mayor trying to get something done. I don’t know.

1855- same here kinda. Our county has about 30,000. 41 cases. 30 recovered. 1 death. But by gosh Charlotte has sooo many we have to all pay the price. All we hear is how bad it is, how many new cases... summer tourists are here though escaping the heat. Don’t see many wearing masks so we’ll see how it goes.

Hmmm... wonder if mental health qualifies?
Wish our gym owner would just open up. Says he’s talking to Sheriff and mayor trying to get something done. I don’t know.

1855- same here kinda. Our county has about 30,000. 41 cases. 30 recovered. 1 death. But by gosh Charlotte has sooo many we have to all pay the price. All we hear is how bad it is, how many new cases... summer tourists are here though escaping the heat. Don’t see many wearing masks so we’ll see how it goes.
In not sure what the total number of cases is in my county but I know at one point early on, a large percentage of the cases in my county were inside the Federal Correctional Complex in Butner.

In not sure what the total number of cases is in my county but I know at one point early on, a large percentage of the cases in my county were inside the Federal Correctional Complex in Butner.

Just read we’re up to 47. 6 active cases. Said a cluster of cases were at a non-nursing home living facility. Likely a room and board for Christmas tree farm workers. Doubt our governor moves to phase 3 today. Probably heading to Florida to rent a place for a while and get back in the gym.

I'm sick of hearing about cases rising. To me that means nothing when you factor in the amount of testing being done. The only numbers I think are relevant are deaths, yet all I ever hear about are the number of new cases.

I'm sick of hearing about cases rising. To me that means nothing when you factor in the amount of testing being done. The only numbers I think are relevant are deaths, yet all I ever hear about are the number of new cases.

Hospitalizations are just as important

Important thing to remember, that the media doesn’t want us to know, is the severity of the infections is less now. Probably as the average age comes down. So should be fewer hospitalizations, deaths.

Well as I expected. JA is keeping the state in phase 2 and now requiring face masks. This from the JA that took his off his face while walking with protesters. Hypocrite.

Well as I expected. JA is keeping the state in phase 2 and now requiring face masks. This from the JA that took his off his face while walking with protesters. Hypocrite.
Yeah I watched his press conference and I’m not surprised that he extended phase 2 because he’s an idiot. The doctor that spoke before him actually doesn’t have a medical license any longer because it expired from what I’ve heard.

ADVERTISEMENT