ADVERTISEMENT

Covid: Your Town

Disagree. We just need to shelter in place. Lockdown everything. Nobody can go anywhere for 9 years. Good luck to those who haven't stocked up on groceries. WE NEED TO LOCK IT DOWN UNTIL THE VIRUS IS GONE!

Yes, and your paycheck will be confiscated by the government. You will be given x amount of dollars to live on. The green new deal will be done. Don’t forget the federal deficit. All your 401k’s, IRA’s, Savings must be given over to support your government programs.

Meanwhile the little demigods in Washington will tell you where, when, and what you can and can’t do.

Reactions: SNU0821
hopefully Dr Atlas gets some mic time in today's news conference. America is in need of a voice of reason from someone who can look at all risks inside and outside of the virus.

Why don’t we keep the politics to the politics thread, so we can avoid another thread getting nuked?

I guess Ben Shapiro has never gotten his wife wet. Poor guy.

However this mashup song of Ben’s failed sexual drive is gold.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
0_Ee3jSbiXgAIrvAkjpeg.jpg

By 200k? I wish my banker had the same level of math skills the NC dept of health has.
My favorite quote from this.

"The error doesn't affect key measures such as the percentage of positive test results, they said."

So North Carolina will go over 140,000 positive cases today. And 200,000 false test results will not affect any key measures? Haha. I am so fvcker over this whole sham.

"The error doesn't affect key measures such as the percentage of positive test results, they said."

So North Carolina will go over 140,000 positive cases today. And 200,000 false test results will not affect any key measures? Haha. I am so fvcker over this whole sham.
Its def a money grab. Labs do it as well. Any discrepancy in the test----positive. That means re-tests and more fees. The medical field probably has some of the shadiest billing practices this side of lawyers hours.

That’s hilarious. Got caught shamming numbers and now trying to squirm out. Cooper is one dumb mother fvcker! LMAO

Reactions: GhostOf301

I couldn’t help but laugh when I read that part in the article. The fact that he would say that shows just how much of an idiot he is.

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
Reactions: toonces11
So the NJ gov has said schools can open purely virtual, a change from his previous stance that required everyone to have an in person component. Town I teach in is deciding now. And holy shit, I feel so badly for the members of the Board of Ed. You run for a board because you have ideas about how schools should spend money, or how schools can more effectively deliver instruction, or something... not one of these people, who do it for free, expected to have to make a decision like this. And they are all members of the community, you know? And no matter what choice they make, they face getting seriously ostracized by people around them. Such a shitty position to be in:(

This country needs a designated survivor type scenario. People just keep voting the same do nothing politicians into office and then act like it is the politicians who are the real idiots.

Trump upset the Apple cart of the Richey Riches. It was supposed to be Hillary vs Jeb. The Riches would win either way. The establishment of both parties business as usual. Was supposed to be crooked Hillary’s time. David Rockefeller told her when Obama’s time was up it would be her time. Lol...NOT!!!

Last week mother was told at the doctors office to sign up for Medicaid, that even though she is retired and makes more than the limit that anyone can get it right now. Fast forward to today and I am told by two friends(state worker and retired state worker) that they both signed up and have been using it like crazy for things their insurance wouldn't cover.

o_O

So the NJ gov has said schools can open purely virtual, a change from his previous stance that required everyone to have an in person component. Town I teach in is deciding now. And holy shit, I feel so badly for the members of the Board of Ed. You run for a board because you have ideas about how schools should spend money, or how schools can more effectively deliver instruction, or something... not one of these people, who do it for free, expected to have to make a decision like this. And they are all members of the community, you know? And no matter what choice they make, they face getting seriously ostracized by people around them. Such a shitty position to be in:(
School board members are more times than not know-nothing, power hungry blowhards. I don’t feel sorry for them in the slightest. Those poor school board members, give me a break.

School board members are more times than not know-nothing, power hungry blowhards. I don’t feel sorry for them in the slightest. Those poor school board members, give me a break.

That's a ridiculous generalization.

I've butted heads with school boards more than 99 percent of teachers, including probably you... I've lead our contract negotiations for going on 13 years... and we've had some terrible, terrible fights that have lasted years and resulted in everything short of a strike.

But school board members are members of the community who take on a volunteer role that requires hours and hours and hours and HOURS of time... usually at night, after their regular work, taking time away from their families... unpaid... that often gets them nothing but anger and hate from the rest of the world; see your post, for example.

I look at my own board... the mother of an eighth grader, a grandmother to two in our district, a former student of mine, and so on... and while we may disagree an awful lot (some more than others), I've sat through endless hours of reopening planning with them so I know how they are approaching this, and I watched the Board meeting where they began discussions about whether or not we should be starting virtual, and the sheer venom they received in that meeting, and that immediately began on social media afterwards, was and is completely ridiculous.

After that meeting I was in touch with several of them, and they were overwhelmed by the anger, sometimes from their own neighbors, as they struggle to figure out a situation without definitive guidance on a state or national level, without solid science to back them up, and knowing that they are choosing between potentially costing neighbors their jobs and livelihoods, and potentially costing neighbors their lives.

Sometimes people need to take a step back and take a breath, and realize that the people around them are just that... people... and are rarely a one-dimensional villain, like a know-nothing, power-hungry blowhard. Are some? Sure; there are assholes in the world, and there is certainly a particular type that joins things like school boards who do nothing but damage. But not most.

Last edited:
That's a ridiculous generalization.

I've butted heads with school boards more than 99 percent of teachers, including probably you... I've lead our contract negotiations for going on 13 years... and we've had some terrible, terrible fights that have lasted years and resulted in everything short of a strike.

But school board members are members of the community who take on a volunteer role that requires hours and hours and hours and HOURS of time... usually at night, after their regular work, taking time away from their families... unpaid... that often gets them nothing but anger and hate from the rest of the world; see your post, for example.

I look at my own board... the mother of an eighth grader, a grandmother to two in our district, a former student of mine, and so on... and while we may disagree an awful lot (some more than others), I've sat through endless hours of reopening planning with them so I know how they are approaching this, and I watched the Board meeting where they began discussions about whether or not we should be starting virtual, and the sheer venom they received in that meeting, and that immediately began on social media afterwards, was and is completely ridiculous.

After that meeting I was in touch with several of them, and they were overwhelmed by the anger, sometimes from their own neighbors, as they struggle to figure out a situation without definitive guidance on a state or national level, without solid science to back them up, and knowing that they are choosing between potentially costing neighbors their jobs and livelihoods, and potentially costing neighbors their lives.

Sometimes people need to take a step back and take a breath, and realize that the people around them are just that... people... and are rarely a one-dimensional villain, like a no-nothing, power-hungry blowhard. Are some? Sure; there are assholes in the world, and there is certainly a particular type that joins things like school boards who do nothing but damage. But not most.
School boards are generally full of people who get off on power. But, it’s obvious we are very different people, so it’s no surprise we don’t agree.

ADVERTISEMENT