1883024-small.png

2uG0.gif

1 Win the Championship last year
2 Final 4

3 Dominate your conference arch rival
4 Win the SEC (reg) or tourney
5 Talk smack on message board
1883024-small.png
There must be a shit stirring association on this board, and if there is you would have my vote for a place on the board, but random has you beat as of now, and we have a newcomer in just another UK fan that will give you a run for your money. 🤣 🤣

There must be a shit stirring association on this board, and if there is you would have my vote for a place on the board, but random has you beat as of now, and we have a newcomer in just another UK fan that will give you a run for your money. 🤣 🤣
pillar_board_1000w.jpg

The chair recognizes cdbearde for 5 minutes.

pillar_board_1000w.jpg

The chair recognizes cdbearde for 5 minutes.
Trust me young lady, I may be old, but I am better than 5 minutes.
Remember the song by Tobby Keith, As good as I once was?
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Trust me young lady, I may be old, but I am better than 5 minutes.
Remember the song by Tobby Keith, As good as I once was?
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
You should be astute enough by now to recognize I don’t discuss such things.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
You should be astute enough by now to recognize I don’t discuss such things.
We will let you slide on the “no sex talk” because no lady would do that with a bunch of men. Besides, little old ladies who post on a message board are cool enough without talking about that stuff!

We will let you slide on the “no sex talk” because no lady would do that with a bunch of men. Besides, little old ladies who post on a message board are cool enough without talking about that stuff!
I'm probably not as old as you think. You are just confusing smarts with age.

Let’s see . . . 🤔 . . . how about - not specific to anybody, but applicable to everybody - other programs help boost their local economy by supporting local T-shirt businesses for T -shirt night when UK comes to town.
UK coming to town is usually the only time during the season that they get their arenas to full capacity for most of them.

michael-scott-youre-welcome.gif

thats the downfall of being great in basketball in a conference that that only cares avout football. Shit the sec cares more baseball as well....track and field a close 3rd.... 😁
That is not really true. The SEC has picked up it's collective game and has hired some really good coaches. Though UK has fallen off a bit, the rest of the conference has more than covered the slack.

That is not really true. The SEC has picked up it's collective game and has hired some really good coaches. Though UK has fallen off a bit, the rest of the conference has more than covered the slack.
acyually, it is true. SEc is football---no matter how much basketball improves. only one scool in the SEC would choose a basketball natty over a football natty---and that school is located in Lexington Kaaaay Y...

facts...

acyually, it is true. SEc is football---no matter how much basketball improves. only one scool in the SEC would choose a basketball natty over a football natty---and that school is located in Lexington Kaaaay Y...

facts...
Borden,

You must still be under the influence of anesthesia from your shoulder surgery cause you are making zero sense. You have just stated that performance doesn't matter. Performance is everything and the SEC as a whole is performing at a much higher level than in the past. The SEC beat the Big 12 a couple of years ago without UK and the funny thing is that if UK had played it might have helped the Big 12. The big 12 is good CBB conference.

Being good at CFB is not mutually exclusive from being good at CBB. Btw, if you poled UK fans, I think more would want a CFB championship than you think.

• Love
Reactions: Yet Another UK Fan
Borden,

You must still be under the influence of anesthesia from your shoulder surgery cause you are making zero sense. You have just stated that performance doesn't matter. Performance is everything and the SEC as a whole is performing at a much higher level than in the past. The SEC beat the Big 12 a couple of years ago without UK and the funny thing is that if UK had played it might have helped the Big 12. The big 12 is good CBB conference.

Being good at CFB is not mutually exclusive from being good at CBB. Btw, if you poled UK fans, I think more would want a CFB championship than you think.
you must be on something as well, that is distorting your reading comprehension... i never the SEC wasnt competitive, getting better, or not a good basketball league----I said they are football conference first---and they are. The SEC has improved a ton, and will continue to do so. I never said otherwise....

My post has nadda to with being good at hoops/football. Someone as intelligent as you are--and you are, i expected you to understand the meaning behind my post....SEC is and always will be a football conference first. If you disagree with that, then maybe your not as intelligent as I thought.

Note: If you polled 100 UK fans and asked would they rather have a hoops title, or a football title, more than 90% wouldsay basketball....conduct that same poll with Bama, LSU, AU,etc, etc, and the it would be vive-versa. Now maybe the one catch would be that could sway things would the fact that a school like UK has never won a title,and would want one more because of that. Same with the Alabama's of the football world. But at the end of the day, football is still king in the SEC.

really didnt think it was that difficult to understand..

• Haha
Reactions: Yet Another UK Fan
you must be on something as well, that is distorting your reading comprehension... i never the SEC wasnt competitive, getting better, or not a good basketball league----I said they are football conference first---and they are. The SEC has improved a ton, and will continue to do so. I never said otherwise....

My post has nadda to with being good at hoops/football. Someone as intelligent as you are--and you are, i expected you to understand the meaning behind my post....SEC is and always will be a football conference first. If you disagree with that, then maybe your not as intelligent as I thought.

Note: If you polled 100 UK fans and asked would they rather have a hoops title, or a football title, more than 90% wouldsay basketball....conduct that same poll with Bama, LSU, AU,etc, etc, and the it would be vive-versa. Now maybe the one catch would be that could sway things would the fact that a school like UK has never won a title,and would want one more because of that. Same with the Alabama's of the football world. But at the end of the day, football is still king in the SEC.

The Big East is the only conference that isn't football first, and that's only because 8 of the 10 members don't have football teams. 😂

I understood what you said, but just disagree with it and I said as much when I said performance is everything.

UNC, Duke, and Kansas are "good" CBB programs because they win, not because they just like CBB.

I understood what you said, but just disagree with it and I said as much when I said performance is everything.

UNC, Duke, and Kansas are "good" CBB programs because they win, not because they just like CBB.
do you just like to argue? i said the SEC is a football conference....thats it. nothing more. never said anything about winning/losing.

you disagree that the SEC is a football conference? if so----great. respect your opinion.

do you just like to argue? i said the SEC is a football conference....thats it. nothing more. never said anything about winning/losing.

you disagree that the SEC is a football conference? if so----great. respect your opinion.
Yes, I do like to argue. But, I like to argue lightly with laughter.

Of course the SEC is a CFB conference, but they are because they win. The SEC could become a CBB conference too, by winning. Winning is the key and that was the point I was making.

The SEC is making moves in the CBB direction. You can see it in their records, coaches and arenas.

Yes, I do like to argue. But, I like to argue lightly with laughter.

Of course the SEC is a CFB conference, but they are because they win. The SEC could become a CBB conference too, by winning. Winning is the key and that was the point I was making.

The SEC is making moves in the CBB direction. You can see it in their records, coaches and arenas.
thats fair....and a conference could be both--i reckon. but i know in the south, football is King---always will be---no matter how much better the SEC becomes in basketball.

In other words, football is much more important to folk in Oxford, Tuscaloosa, Knoxville, Auburn, Starksville, Athens and Gainesville....

btw----hope ya knoew Della, I really enjoy you as a poster....

• Sad
Reactions: Random UK Fan
thats fair....and a conference could be both--i reckon. but i know in the south, football is King---always will be---no matter how much better the SEC becomes in basketball.

In other words, football is much more important to folk in Oxford, Tuscaloosa, Knoxville, Auburn, Starksville, Athens and Gainesville....

btw----hope ya knoew Della, I really enjoy you as a poster....
I appreciate you saying that. I enjoy your posts too. 🙂

Are you being jealous of me telling borden I like his posts? You shouldn't be, I've already told you that you are one of my favorites.
No, and I appreciate the kind remarks . . . and ditto. I just enjoy watching the sparring. It’s like a courtroom drama.

No, and I appreciate the kind remarks . . . and ditto. I just enjoy watching the sparring. It’s like a courtroom drama.
GettyImages-72470733-58ae6fea5f9b58a3c995f2aa.jpg

As you can see Barnes did no permanent damage to Kentucky and I move case be dismissed. 😛

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT