ADVERTISEMENT

College Baseball

Do you remember what I told you. You can lose to anyone
What Texas showed in the ninth makes you think they have a chance in every game
If that is dominating Texas. They will be hard to knock out
21 of the 27 outs recorded were K's. Thats pretty dominating. Thing is---Texas pitcher was very good as well.

21 of the 27 outs recorded were K's. Thats pretty dominating. Thing is---Texas pitcher was very good as well.
Baseball is about winning games
Pitching can only last so long. One guy is hot. Cannot impact the game as much as multiple guys
It is about how many guys do you have that can throw up zeros.
Had one today who didn’t. Made the switch quick.
Tennessee did after it was too late

Baseball is about winning games
Pitching can only last so long. One guy is hot. Cannot impact the game as much as multiple guys
It is about how many guys do you have that can throw up zeros.
Had one today who didn’t. Made the switch quick.
Tennessee did after it was too late
Make up your mind...

Anyways...21/27 outs via the striukeout is a dominating performance.

Great. Texas could have lost 24-1. Just one game.
I agree....Just one game. But in that one game, they were dominated by Miss St pitching. Which is all that was being said...Not sure why thats so difficult for you to say/admit. Tip your cap to the kid, and move on...With that being said---tough to advance to finals losing game one....Texas will have to beat either UVA or Miss St, twice. TOugh task.

I agree....Just one game. But in that one game, they were dominated by Miss St pitching. Which is all that was being said...Not sure why thats so difficult for you to say/admit. Tip your cap to the kid, and move on...With that being said---tough to advance to finals losing game one....Texas will have to beat either UVA or Miss St, twice. TOugh task.

Don't particularly care
Regarding the rest. Texas still has a lot of pitchers to throw
All pitchers capable of throwing shutdown innings.
Miss State has already ran out of pitching it looks like

Don't particularly care
Of course you "don't care". If it were Texas who had fanned 21/27, you'd be all over it...But I get it.

You are putting to much into pitching....TX, TN and Vandy---All three Top 10 in team ERA....TX and Vandy both have one loss, and TN has been eliminated.

Not really....But their bats have woke up. No-hit through 7---Have dropped a 5 spot so far, in the 8th. Not to mention, vs a team who's pitching staff was ranked 12th nationally in ERA...

Blew this game in earlier innings with so many stranded runners. Bullpen let down McGarry too

TX has thrown their stud---Stevens(vs Tenn), 58 pitches...Then threw Witt, 78 pitches. Hansen only threw 26 vs MSU. So you can probably run him back out----But what if its State? I'd say Witt and Madden are out until Fri....maybe Sat?

Anyways...TX staff was dominated by Madden , Stevens and Hansen. Only Hansen I'd say is available for Thursday---Which is a really good option. Texas staff is deep. BUT....when you lose that fiurst game, its starts to put stress on your staff. I'd venture to say that Hansen starts Thursday...If he's not sharp, gets bounced early, not sure who TCX leans on...Kubicheck?

Man that was tough to watch for McGarry. Needed more run support in the earlier innings. Too many bunts and poor execution with runners on 3rd. Not sure how we beat Texas and MSU twice but we are 6-0 in elimination games this postseason

Pete Hansen has a career ERA below 2.00

Give him another year where he can add a few mph on his fastball could be the #1 starter in college baseball

Best pitcher to count on

Career 11-1 with a 1.5 ERA
Not even to his peak
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=hansen003pet

Then Cole Quintanilla who can be extended.
Guy can be unhittable
Throws hard with movement

Aaron Nixon. Look at his lower body. Only a true freshman
Earned the name El Cobra pitching down in the Lower Rio Grande Valley

Same HS as Miss State assistant Jake Gautreau. McAllen, TX

Pete Hansen has a career ERA below 2.00

Give him another year where he can add a few mph on his fastball could be the #1 starter in college baseball

Best pitcher to count on

Career 11-1 with a 1.5 ERA
Not even to his peak
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=hansen003pet

Then Cole Quintanilla who can be extended.
Guy can be unhittable
Throws hard with movement

Aaron Nixon. Look at his lower body. Only a true freshman
Earned the name El Cobra pitching down in the Lower Rio Grande Valley

Same HS as Miss State assistant Jake Gautreau. McAllen, TX
Gonna need them....Have to beat UVA, then Miss St twice.

Good luck with that.

Man that was tough to watch for McGarry. Needed more run support in the earlier innings. Too many bunts and poor execution with runners on 3rd. Not sure how we beat Texas and MSU twice but we are 6-0 in elimination games this postseason
Baseball is a crazy game....I worked Semi-State final couple weeks back. Team was being no-hit through 4 innings...And I mean, simly getting overpowered. Then, trailing 4-0 in bottom of 5th, they erupt for 7 runs...capped off by a two-out, grand slam. That team just own the State title tonight.

Your dude was filth. But.....even with the no-no, I thought O'Connor stayed with him to long...MSU started squaring a lot balls up in the later innings. They hit about 3-4 balls really hard---just so happened, they hit'em right at UVA. THought he should have pulled him a tad quicker.

That is why Texas is unbeaten when they score 5 runs or more.
Getting to the back end of the pitchers now
So far Texas hasn’t had to use much pitching
Thsts about to change....And they have used Witt, Stevens and Madden..Witt/Stevens vs TN....58/78 pitches. Madden opened the series vs MSU, throwing 100+ pitches. Probably gonna have to rely on some arms, that they are not used to doing so..

If any staff can muster this, its TX. But its gonna be tough. UVA has some capable arms...And so does MSU. WHoever survives your game, is gonna have a tough task.

Of course you "don't care". If it were Texas who had fanned 21/27, you'd be all over it...But I get it.

You are putting to much into pitching....TX, TN and Vandy---All three Top 10 in team ERA....TX and Vandy both have one loss, and TN has been eliminated.
Idk it seems there have been some very dominating pitching performances. Even leiter in a loss was phenomenal, but ya cant win if ya dont score so u def have a point. I haven’t seen todays scores, i know stanford-zona was a slugfest, but seems to benlost of low scoring games so far. Id say the pitxhing has been better than the hitting so far, but it usually is in postseason baseball.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Man....baseball can be so cruel....Down to your last out. Walk,,,base hit, wild throw sends runner to third...base hit---tie game. Wild pitch----Walk'em off. All this with you down to your last strike.

That was much worse than the UVA loss last night. Feel bad for that pitcher Beck

30b20109-27e0-4fbc-81bb-f5d5d931e934_text.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I dont quite understand, doesnt nc state and vandy play now with vandy needing to beat them twice? Or does vandy play the texas/uva winner and nc state plays miss st?

I dont quite understand, doesnt nc state and vandy play now with vandy needing to beat them twice? Or does vandy play the texas/uva winner and nc state plays miss st?

Vandy plays nc state and has to beat them twice

UVA/Texas winner will play Miss State and will have to beat them twice

Best case scenario for Texas is they can get Hansen out after 75 pitches and throw Wenzel, Lucas Gordon and Jared Southard

All 3 are capable pitchers but it saves Texas Quintanilla and Nixon then allow Pete Hansen the ability to pitch in 3 days

Most logical scenario that would for Texas is that Pete Hansen can go 7 and then they can use Quintanilla for 2

Pete Hansen is a classic lefty. Similar to a Cole Hammels
Every time he has touched the ball for Texas he has put up a lot of zeros

Either two things will happen. UVa self destructs. I see this as extremely unlikely
Or
We will have a close low scoring ball game

Vandy plays nc state and has to beat them twice

UVA/Texas winner will play Miss State and will have to beat them twice
Thanks when your team always loses the first two or 2 of the first three every tine weve been to omaha such things are trivial.

Go Hoos. Goooooo dip and dots!!!!!

Reactions: jhmossy
No offense to Tulo bc he was obv a great player, but no way he ever wins a gold glove if he wasnt a great hitter as well. That surprises me that he has two.

Gold gloves are pretty ridiculous in that regards imo. Seems like they give it to the best all around players moreso than just purely basing it on defense.

Don’t remember the SS in the National League at the time.

Tulo went to Long Beach St without the ability to hit. That college spot came because he could play defense
Had a cannon for an arm. Tell how he position himself around the baseball he was reading to unload a throw
Vastly underrated baseball player. Injuries did him in. Had a peak for a few years where he was without a doubt the best all around SS

What you are complaining about has changed because the game has changed. Advance statistics for defensive players.

Congrats to NCSU, Vandy, MSU and Texas for making the Final Four of the CWS. Proud of UVA for making the CWS after the way the season started but that loss to MSU cost us a legit shot at another national championship. Future is bright though.

Don’t remember the SS in the National League at the time.

Tulo went to Long Beach St without the ability to hit. That college spot came because he could play defense
Had a cannon for an arm. Tell how he position himself around the baseball he was reading to unload a throw
Vastly underrated baseball player. Injuries did him in. Had a peak for a few years where he was without a doubt the best all around SS

What you are complaining about has changed because the game has changed. Advance statistics for defensive players.
I wasnt meaning he was terrible at D by any means. Im a dodgers fan so i saw alot of him. Its hard for me to remember the NL SS at the time either, and he was undoibtedly one of the best all around. I just dont think of his game being centered around his D, but maybe bc he was a great hitter as well.

Im just saying usually there are guys that are insane at D that bat .200 and that hurts their odds at a gold glove which should be purely based on defense imo.

my point wasnt to take shots a tulo, just saying hes in a long list of guys who won gold gloves bc of their bat, which is an argument for another day.

ADVERTISEMENT