ADVERTISEMENT

College Baseball

Dallas Baptist has a solid program..
They aren’t a team you wanted in your regional. They passed them around from regional to regional the last 10 years. Always a threat
I said if they broke through they could make a deep run
Virginia has some pitching. We will see
Either team can win. Both had exciting regionals.

They aren’t a team you wanted in your regional. They passed them around from regional to regional the last 10 years. Always a threat
I said if they broke through they could make a deep run
Virginia has some pitching. We will see
Either team can win. Both had exciting regionals.
Friend of mine, his son went there. I worked some of their games.. Really, sneaky good, underthe radar program.

Friend of mine, his son went there. I worked some of their games.. Really, sneaky good, underthe radar program.
They are known but their problem has been the regionals they put them in so it wasn’t to a wider audience.
Once again this year they put them in a tough regional. Could have been the toughest.
Has always been TCU, Arkansas or Tx Tech.
Broke through against TCU. All those games were close. Even the ones with Oregon State.

Super Regional Baseball is different. It is about elite pitching instead of pitching depth.
Virginia has that. We will see. Wouldn’t be surprised if either school won.
But would suck for DBU because this is their chance

Hogs up 7-1 top of 4th!!! Perfect timing for our bats to show up

giphy.gif

Today should be a big day.

UVA lost Game 1 to DBU 6-5 after being up 5-2. DBU 1st baseman made a sick catch to end the game.

Top of the 8th was insane. Down 6-5, Hoos had runners on 1st and 2nd with one out. On a 3-2 count, Alex Tappen gets HBP on an obvious ball that would have loaded bases but is called out for intentionally leaning in instead.

I understand the rule but it seems stupid to me. In that situation, shouldn't the walk precede the HBP? The umpire should be able to use discretion to realize that it was going to be a walk. @IUfanBorden

UVA lost Game 1 to DBU 6-5 after being up 5-2. DBU 1st baseman made a sick catch to end the game.

Top of the 8th was insane. Down 6-5, Hoos had runners on 1st and 2nd with one out. On a 3-2 count, Alex Tappen gets HBP on an obvious ball that would have loaded bases but is called out for intentionally leaning in instead.

I understand the rule but it seems stupid to me. In that situation, shouldn't the walk precede the HBP? The umpire should be able to use discretion to realize that it was going to be a walk. @IUfanBorden
I didn't see it...But here is how I have called this, and been instructed---plus, well, its the rule.

3-2 count: Batter intentionally leans into a pitch, but said pitch is BALL FOUR, in your judgement. You ignore the action, and award batter 1st base---Its ball four. It makes the action irrelevant.

Now, if the in your judgement is a strike----the ball is dead, batter is out, and runners may not advance.

This is how i interpret the rule.

I didn't see it...But here is how I have called this, and been instructed---plus, well, its the rule.

3-2 count: Batter intentionally leans into a pitch, but said pitch is BALL FOUR, in your judgement. You ignore the action, and award batter 1st base---Its ball four. It makes the action irrelevant.

Now, if the in your judgement is a strike----the ball is dead, batter is out, and runners may not advance.

This is how i interpret the rule.

Thanks! Really sucks because we would have scored if we had 1 out. Next batter flew out and was deep enough to score the runner that would have been at 3rd. Oh well.

Thanks! Really sucks because we would have scored if we had 1 out. Next batter flew out and was deep enough to score the runner that would have been at 3rd. Oh well.
I just saw the replay----currently watching the game. I would be guessing here, but I assumethey went to replay, and through that, deemed WHEN the ball hit him, it was in the STRIKE ZONE. Seemsthey didn't concern themselves with where the ball would end up, rather where it was, when it hit him.

Reactions: jhmossy
Your dude is dealing today.....Hopefully that damn blister doesn't **** with him---again.

Then UVA picks dude off....

Then bobbles a routine base hit---allwoing runner to get to 2nd..

JFC...

This just feels like it's DBU's game

Giant horseshoes up their butts and making great plays

Welp.....Tenn was up 11-2. Back to back innings with 2-run dingers by LSU, has made it an 11-6 game.

Good luck della. 👍
We will need it. I like Arky, but I'm kinda pulling for them to lose today. They are running their Ace Kopps out as a starter after he threw 2 innings yesterday. This is probably the best chance of getting them out of the way. They are a big problem for us.

We have a great team, but I'm afraid they have a better one.

Reactions: cdbearde
We will need it. I like Arky, but I'm kinda pulling for them to lose today. They are running their Ace Kopps out as a starter after he threw 2 innings yesterday. This is probably the best chance of getting them out of the way. They are a big problem for us.

We have a great team, but I'm afraid they have a better one.

National #1 seeds don’t usually win in baseball. Last to appear in the CWS Final was Texas in 2009. They didn’t even win the NC. Went down to LSU 2-1.
Baseball is a different game. You have to be punched in the mouth. There are those teams who haven’t but they have the players to win. The difference in teams isn’t huge in baseball. Just takes a pitcher. Not like other sports.

National #1 seeds don’t usually win in baseball. Last to appear in the CWS Final was Texas in 2009. They didn’t even win the NC. Went down to LSU 2-1.
Baseball is a different game. You have to be punched in the mouth. There are those teams who haven’t but they have the players to win. The difference in teams isn’t huge in baseball. Just takes a pitcher. Not like other sports.
Arky has the talent, experience, coaching to punch you in the mouth.

Arky has the talent, experience, coaching to punch you in the mouth.
They don’t have the pitching.
Today NC State has to walk the tight rope and make sure Arkansas doesn’t have big innings. If they can do that Arkansas won’t be able to keep them from putting together runs.

Don’t get too caught up in regular season baseball. I know you are new to this

They don’t have the pitching.
Today NC State has to walk the tight rope and make sure Arkansas doesn’t have big innings. If they can do that Arkansas won’t be able to keep them from putting together runs.

Don’t get too caught up in regular season baseball. I know you are new to this
Kopps is one of the best pitchers in College baseball.

Reactions: Hawgaluiah
They already used him. He is finished or about to
That was how much Dave Van Horn trusted his pitchers
It has nadda to do with not trusitng your pitchers...Your top dog is available. Its an elimination game. Its a no brainer to run him out there. Dude is 12-0, with an 0,66 ERA.

ADVERTISEMENT