ADVERTISEMENT

College Baseball

They don’t have the pitching.
Today NC State has to walk the tight rope and make sure Arkansas doesn’t have big innings. If they can do that Arkansas won’t be able to keep them from putting together runs.

Don’t get too caught up in regular season baseball. I know you are new to this
Who? Arkansas? They are Top 20 in ERA---3.79. Their two studs have ERA's of 0,66 and 2.11. THeir pen is solid, with very good arms...

Bullpen guys only can throw limited amount of innings
Very important in super regional play

Still a lot of other innings out there.
Top 20 in Super Regional…

8 teams in CWS
Arkansas has the pitching dude...Its not even debatable. But leave it to you , to do so.

I'm well aware of how many teams there are(in CWS). That is irrelevant.

Arkansas has the pitching dude...Its not even debatable. But leave it to you , to do so.

I'm well aware of how many teams there are(in CWS). That is irrelevant.

You are missing the point. I am picking the eight best. If you are 20 you aren’t good enough

They don’t have enough pitching to win when the teams get cut.
Has always been their problem. Not enough pitching

You are missing the point. I am picking the eight best. If you are 20 you aren’t good enough

That don’t have enough pitching to win when the teams get cut.
Has always been their problem. Not enough pitching
Riiiight. You do realize the difference between Arkansas being 20th(3.73) and Top 10 Tenn/Vandy is very small? MOF, Arky has given up less runs than Tenn(17 less), and only has allowed 20 more than Vanderbilt. Their ERA's are not that far apart...

Vandy: 3.37
Tenn: 3.38
Arky: 3.71

TBH, outside of Texas, their isn't much separation..

Riiiight. You do realize the difference between Arkansas being 20th(3.73) and Top 10 Tenn/Vandy is very small? MOF, Arky has given up less runs than Tenn(17 less), and only has allowed 20 more than Vanderbilt. Their ERA's are not that far apart...

Vandy: 3.37
Tenn: 3.38
Arky: 3.71

TBH, outside of Texas, their isn't much separation..
There is huge separation
How many innings did Rocker and Leiter throw?
Not too many left for anyone else

There is huge separation
How many innings did Rocker and Leiter throw?
Not too many left for anyone else
No, there is not....Leiter threw 96 innings...Rocker 103. They threw 199 of 534 innings. Combined record of 23-6. Kopps/Wicklander threw 166 of 548 total innings..Combined record of 19-1.

Vandy's bullpen threw 335 inngs. Four guys with 40+ innings.
Arkys bullpen threw 382 innings. Four guys also with 40+ innings..

And lets not forget---Kopps isn't a starter. Went 12-0, with 11 saves. But showed today, he has starter stuff. So when you include the fact that Arkansas ace doesn't even start, it creates the disparity in innings pitched.

I'd certainly take Rocker/Leiter. No doubt. But just b/c Arkansas staff doesn't equal Vandy's, doesn't mean its not good enough...I mean dude---they won 22 SEC games. It just wasn't their hitting.

No, there is not....Leiter threw 96 innings...Rocker 103. They threw 199 of 534 innings. Combined record of 23-6. Kopps/Wicklander threw 166 of 548 total innings..Combined record of 19-1.

And lets not forget---Kopps isn't a starter. Went 12-0, with 11 saves. But showed today, he has starter stuff. So when you include the fact that Arkansas ace doesn't even start, it creates the disparity in innings pitched.

I'd certainly take Rocker/Leiter. No doubt. But just b/c Arkansas staff doesn't equal Vandy's, doesn't mean its not good enough...I mean dude---they won 22 SEC games. It just wasn't their hitting.

You only have 18 innings in a super regional if planned correctly.
2 horses can take almost all of that

I think Arky is the best team in College baseball this year. I'll be Ok with the best not winning the title if the Vols can manage.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
You only have 18 innings in a super regional if planned correctly.
2 horses can take almost all of that
Very true...

Game 1---Wicklander went only 6 of 9. But then again, Arky was leading 17-1 when left. No reason to keep your #1 in, in a 17-1 game.

Game 2: Arky used 5, icnluding Kopps for 2 innings.

Game 3: Kopps threw 8 innings.

SO of the 27 innings, or so, Wicklander/Kopps threw 16 of them.

Pitching wasn't their issue....Their bats were.

So, with the bully (Arky) of the neighborhood sent home, who is the favorite? Of course anyone of the 8 can win it.

We will need it. I like Arky, but I'm kinda pulling for them to lose today. They are running their Ace Kopps out as a starter after he threw 2 innings yesterday. This is probably the best chance of getting them out of the way. They are a big problem for us.

We have a great team, but I'm afraid they have a better one.
You will be good, win or lose you are a true fan. 💪 And you will carry on.😎 You young lady have shown me that you are a true fan, and don't take crap from us bigger and better programs. 🤣🤣
I had to do that. 😘
Good luck, I am rooting for UT, can't watch due to my schedule, but SEC!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: della
UVA lost Game 1 to DBU 6-5 after being up 5-2. DBU 1st baseman made a sick catch to end the game.

Top of the 8th was insane. Down 6-5, Hoos had runners on 1st and 2nd with one out. On a 3-2 count, Alex Tappen gets HBP on an obvious ball that would have loaded bases but is called out for intentionally leaning in instead.

I understand the rule but it seems stupid to me. In that situation, shouldn't the walk precede the HBP? The umpire should be able to use discretion to realize that it was going to be a walk. @IUfanBorden

FSU had the same situation against Louisville this year that turned the tide in the game. Like a 3-1 count, clearly a ball, ends up being ruled he didn’t make enough effort to get out of the way fast enough (even though the batter turned and was hit in the back arm).

I have zero clue why the ball 4 doesn’t over rule the “lean in.”

Reactions: jhmossy
I didn't see it...But here is how I have called this, and been instructed---plus, well, its the rule.

3-2 count: Batter intentionally leans into a pitch, but said pitch is BALL FOUR, in your judgement. You ignore the action, and award batter 1st base---Its ball four. It makes the action irrelevant.

Now, if the in your judgement is a strike----the ball is dead, batter is out, and runners may not advance.

This is how i interpret the rule.
Just for funsies, what about an up and in pitch (not gonna hit him but not a strike) to a right handed batter, who takes a step back, while his teammate tries to steal third. Catcher comes up to throw and collides with the batter, who is no longer in the batters box.

i literally ended a little league game when this happened, i called interference. Idk if it was the right call or not but the coach went bizerk. I finally had to tell him idgaf who wins this little league game, and if you dont stfu i will gladly step out to the parkinglot and whip your ass, granted i was like 17-18 years old, but dude was a nerd. So much as soon as i said it, he snitched to the dude that hired me (30 mons before the game) who simply shrugged at him like maybe you better back off lmao. Dude then proceeded to pull his team off the field and go home in the middle of the fifth inning, i still got paid and never umped again. Not much on random people talking ish and having to take it. It was like teams from diff counties, i guess he thought i was biased in a Under 13 yo game.

Plus their catcher pissed me off for framing pitxhes, after i told him, i know what framing pitches looks like, holding it there 5 extra seconds isnt gonna get you a call and might cost you a few, and the smug little bastard kept doing it. Talking shit the whole time. Which idc if they wanna talk shit but dont frame every pitxh 6 inches outside got the bleachers bitching when they sittin at an angle cant tell.

Long story short i dont envy your job borden, but you prob wouldnt envy mine either 😂

FSU had the same situation against Louisville this year that turned the tide in the game. Like a 3-1 count, clearly a ball, ends up being ruled he didn’t make enough effort to get out of the way fast enough (even though the batter turned and was hit in the back arm).

I have zero clue why the ball 4 doesn’t over rule the “lean in.”

if theres a way to lose a ballgame, louisville managed to do it this year. Go from number 1 to not in the tourney fml.

wouldnt be as sad if we hadnt lost two pitchers in the first round last year when there was no tourney, when we coulda/shoulda made some noise.

weve been pretty snake bit in omaha and even super regionals anyways. Our maybe beat team this era lost on a walkoff in supers that would have been a foul ball had our cheap ass foul polls been taller, off arguably our best closer of this era. Guess thats a maybe, sure looked foul and hooking but im biased.

still mcdonnell is a boss, hope he doesnt have eyes on the bayou.

You will be good, win or lose you are a true fan. 💪 And you will carry on.😎 You young lady have shown me that you are a true fan, and don't take crap from us bigger and better programs. 🤣🤣
I had to do that. 😘
Good luck, I am rooting for UT, can't watch due to my schedule, but SEC!!!
I am indeed a true fan, but as to your criteria for declaring me so, I must admit to being untested. I am yet to find a superior program to the Vols. 😊

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Arkansas has won like 26% of the baseball games in their history against Texas

Don’t let them bully you if you want to play with the big boys
I am much less afraid of Texas than Arkansas. You sound like a UK fan leaning on your 1926 or 1947 teams to make your case for the 2021 season and look where that got them last year.

Arky played a superior schedule to Texas and out preformed Texas. I think Arky being sent home went a long way to leveling the field.

I am much less afraid of Texas than Arkansas. You sound like a UK fan leaning on your 1926 or 1947 teams to make your case for the 2021 season and look where that got them last year.

Arky played a superior schedule to Texas and out preformed Texas. I think Arky being sent home went a long way to leveling the field.

Who is the fool…
Expect better Della. There is a reason why Arkansas has never won a NC.

Don’t become Arkansas and the Mississippi schools, Della. None of them win.
Once it comes down to it. Nobody caring about you being in the SEC and your idea of playing a superior schedule.
You played LSU in the Supers. Got a free pass

Who is the fool…
Expect better Della. There is a reason why Arkansas has never won a NC.

Don’t become Arkansas and the Mississippi schools, Della. None of them win.
Once it comes down to it. Nobody caring about you being in the SEC and your idea of playing a superior schedule.
No one has won until they do? FSU was an all women school before they allowed men. They became a football powerhouse. Same with Miami in football.

Sticking your head in the sand and trying to deny that greatness can't come unless someone was great before is foolish. All things begin somewhere Sheriff.

Btw, LSU made it by beating Oregon. They deserved the right to play in the Super.

Finally, y'all played Arky and got shut out. Why would you dis them?

Just for funsies, what about an up and in pitch (not gonna hit him but not a strike) to a right handed batter, who takes a step back, while his teammate tries to steal third. Catcher comes up to throw and collides with the batter, who is no longer in the batters box.

i literally ended a little league game when this happened, i called interference. Idk if it was the right call

Long story short i dont envy your job borden, but you prob wouldnt envy mine either 😂
Key phrase here: No longer in the batters box. The batter has the right to the box. To an extent, it protects him----and of course, OR her. Not always the case...But mostly. The batter, by moving out of the box, and into the catchers "throwing lane", it is, or can be, interference. In your case, with their being contact, its 100% interference---and 100% the right call.

Little league coaches are ****ing ass clowns...

Who is the fool…

Ummm, bro----Texas played South Florida in the Supers...Pretty funny you saying UT had a free pass because they played LSU----all the while your dudes were beating up on a 31-30 South Florida team, that barely went .500 in the AAC...

Reactions: della
No one has won until they do? FSU was an all women school before they allowed men. They became a football powerhouse. Same with Miami in football.

Sticking your head in the sand and trying to deny that greatness can't come unless someone was great before is foolish. All things begin somewhere Sheriff.

Btw, LSU made it by beating Oregon. They deserved the right to play in the Super.

Finally, y'all played Arky and got shut out. Why would you dis them?
February Baseball…
Doesn’t mean anything in June.

Arkansas has been trying to do this for 50 years and still haven’t won a NC.

They are gone

Regarding LSU. You pissed some people off. They are wanting that ass.

if theres a way to lose a ballgame, louisville managed to do it this year. Go from number 1 to not in the tourney fml.

wouldnt be as sad if we hadnt lost two pitchers in the first round last year when there was no tourney, when we coulda/shoulda made some noise.

weve been pretty snake bit in omaha and even super regionals anyways. Our maybe beat team this era lost on a walkoff in supers that would have been a foul ball had our cheap ass foul polls been taller, off arguably our best closer of this era. Guess thats a maybe, sure looked foul and hooking but im biased.

still mcdonnell is a boss, hope he doesnt have eyes on the bayou.
I would be shocked if McDonnell left Louisville. Why would he? He can win at Louisville, the same as he could at LSU. Cards outide of this year, have been a power. Just a freakish year, this year. IMO, Danis gonna win a title at UL...

ADVERTISEMENT