ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches of the Decade

No bites?
giphy.gif

I think Cal would have done a better job with Wiggins due his ability to get freshman to play extremely hard. However, I really think KU was robbed when Embiid got hurt. Would have loved watching an entire season.

He was Anthony Davis like - as far as impact in a game

No has gotten Wiggins to play consistently hard his entire career. It’s who he is. He still had a very good season.

We’ll never know how it would turn out, just as we’ll never know what Self could have done with the Zion or John Wall teams. I just don’t buy the idea that K and Calipari have the market cornered on winning with OADs. Can’t just assume that guys like Wright, Beard, Self or Izzo wouldn’t do as much or more with the same players.

No has gotten Wiggins to play consistently hard his entire career. It’s who he is. He still had a very good season.

We’ll never know how it would turn out, just as we’ll never know what Self could have done with the Zion or John Wall teams. I just don’t buy the idea that K and Calipari have the market cornered on winning with OADs. Can’t just assume that guys like Wright, Beard, Self or Izzo wouldn’t do as much or more with the same players.

You have the right to be wrong.

Of those who tried, only Cal and K have had a consistently high level of success.

So, of the two coaches who have done it consistently, only two have had consistent success. Copy.

Toupee Bill has recruited a ton of them with mixed success. Also, part of having success with it is being able to get them. Most coaches can't even get that far.

Toupee Bill has recruited a ton of them with mixed success. Also, part of having success with it is being able to get them. Most coaches can't even get that far.

We're not talking about the recruiting aspect.

K and Calipari have had mixed success too. As for Self, the ones who were ready were very good (Jackson, Embiid, Wiggins, etc) and the ones who weren't were not. Simple as that. For every Cheick Diallo, there's a Harry Giles, Marques Bolden, Chase Jeter, Poythress, Skal, etc.

We're not talking about the recruiting aspect.

K and Calipari have had mixed success too. As for Self, the ones who were ready were very good (Jackson, Embiid, Wiggins, etc) and the ones who weren't were not. Simple as that. For every Cheick Diallo, there's a Harry Giles, Marques Bolden, Chase Jeter, Poythress, Skal, etc.
Poythress was really coming into his own until he got hurt. Skal is currently playing in the NBA to this day.

Beilein’s Played in the championship game twice during that Span.

So...I’m confused. I got excited when it says I was quoted. You got my hopes up. How does that answer the question.

ADVERTISEMENT