ADVERTISEMENT

classic basketball

TulsaCanee

Silver Member
May 26, 2021
anyone by chance have this classic game ? I'm looking for the original broadcast or the ESPNClassic replay. anything would be great

Fresno State @ Tulsa 2-15-1998 ESPN

anyone by chance have this classic game ? I'm looking for the original broadcast or the ESPNClassic replay. anything would be great

Fresno State @ Tulsa 2-15-1998 ESPN
Looking for some film on Herren and Skip to My Lou?

Reactions: olsonab

Wow. Talk about a low resolution video. I don't think the picture quality is worth the effort of watching. Maybe ask the athletic department if they have a high resolution video available?

Jerry Tarkanian versus Bill Self. Nice.
OT but since i got you here, what's your thoughts on the up coming season. You know more than most, and it's going to be interesting watching so many teams with "OAD" in a sense. Are coaches going to tell on themselves thinking they can manage a large turnover roster?

Wow. Talk about a low resolution video. I don't think the picture quality is worth the effort of watching. Maybe ask the athletic department if they have a high resolution video available?

Jerry Tarkanian versus Bill Self. Nice.
yeah this is terrible i saw that on youtube but its not the correct game either ium looking for the one in tulsa. thanks though

OT but since i got you here, what's your thoughts on the up coming season. You know more than most, and it's going to be interesting watching so many teams with "OAD" in a sense. Are coaches going to tell on themselves thinking they can manage a large turnover roster?

I don't think any coaches are excited about managing a high turnover year after year. But, I think most accept the fact that this is simply nature of the game now. In any given season, you might expect 2-3 kids will jump ship to another school. If you're a top flight program, you're probably losing another 2-3 to the pros. Perhaps the NIL policy can keep kids around longer?

Damon Stoudamire tweeted this the other day (Pacific's Head Coach). And it makes sense. Makes me wonder if coaches will try to have deeper rotations in the future, to minimize roster turnover. Just hard to get rhythm in an offense if you're constantly running 4-minute shifts. Coaches usually settle on 7-8 guys come March. And that usually means several guys are going to be very unhappy, getting little to no playing time. Most players today would rather transfer and play right away at a smaller school than earn their minutes at big time program. I get it, they want to showcase their skills, and you can't do that from the bench.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I don't think any coaches are excited about managing a high turnover year after year. But, I think most accept the fact that this is simply nature of the game now. In any given season, you might expect 2-3 kids will jump ship to another school. If you're a top flight program, you're probably losing another 2-3 to the pros. Perhaps the NIL policy can keep kids around longer?

Damon Stoudamire tweeted this the other day (Pacific's Head Coach). And it makes sense. Makes me wonder if coaches will try to have deeper rotations in the future, to minimize roster turnover. Just hard to get rhythm in an offense if you're constantly running 4-minute shifts. Coaches usually settle on 7-8 guys come March. And that usually means several guys are going to be very unhappy, getting little to no playing time. Most players today would rather transfer and play right away at a smaller school than earn their minutes at big time program. I get it, they want to showcase their skills, and you can't do that from the bench.
I was listening to a podcast recently and they were talking about how HS kids will suffer b/c coaches will now target college kids instead of them. Also, It's actually making lower level coaches weary of diamonds in the rough will be shined with P5 cloths.

Does smaller schools recruit smaller due to fear of losing so much time and effort?

Also, A lot of ppl in the field don't think NIL will even come into play. Maybe a handful of plyers across the board. I have a hard time with that,b/c Joe Mufflerman in Lexington is probably waiting for someone to stick his label on. Not literally, but I hope you get the point..

I was listening to a podcast recently and they were talking about how HS kids will suffer b/c coaches will now target college kids instead of them. Also, It's actually making lower level coaches weary of diamonds in the rough will be shined with P5 cloths.

Does smaller schools recruit smaller due to fear of losing so much time and effort?

It is worrisome for mid-majors, no question. But, still not sure P6 coaches really want to depend on mid-major talent every year. So many of those guys struggle mightily when they transfer up. UNC stunk it up big-time in 2020 because they were depending on Christian Keeling and Justin Pierce to be high impact players. They were both duds. And in fact, there wasn't a single mid-major player that played in 2019, grad transferred up to a P6 conference during the 2019-20 season, and averaged double figures (i.e. Nate Sestina). MaCio Teague (Baylor, from UNC Asheville) and a few others averaged double figures, but they also sat out for a year. Big difference between the guys that are immediately eligible and the ones that sit out a year to learn the system. The guys that go straight from a mid-major to a power conference struggle more often than not. There are notable exceptions, of course; Louisville has a had a few diamonds in Damion Lee and Carlik Jones. But, I feel like that's more the exception than the rule. Matt Mooney (Texas Tech, from South Dakota) and Egor Koulechov (Florida, from Rice) were a couple of other good ones.

Coaches will continue to poach, but still feel like most of those mid-major with gaudy numbers will prove to be fool's gold.

Even then it puts value with those schools.
If you are a mid major and are putting players into the Power Conference you are going attract attention.

Max Abmas hasn't transfered yet but look at Oral Roberts.

If someone is getting mid major offers. Oral Roberts is a school who has done a great job at maximizing talent.

Those coaching staffs do get some of the credit...
No matter if the player is going straight to pro ball from their program or if they transfer to a Power Conference school

I had a teammate of mine that worked for ESPN a few years ago. I think he was a data analyst, but he might be able to point me in the right direction. There are a couple of games I wouldn't mind purchasing myself if I could find them. I'll let you know if I can uncover anything.

I had a teammate of mine that worked for ESPN a few years ago. I think he was a data analyst, but he might be able to point me in the right direction. There are a couple of games I wouldn't mind purchasing myself if I could find them. I'll let you know if I can uncover anything.
Cool I appreciate it I’m looking 2 espn Classic Games let me know if you have luck with either of them

Fresno @ Tulsa 2-15-98
Temple @ Villanova 12-16-98

Too bad you don't play UK. We have them all on vhs.

Jokes aside. It's great you're making a library. Tough crowd, but it'll pay off great when the project is done.

Reactions: TulsaCanee
ADVERTISEMENT