ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard

Line seems a little low, tbh. Pepperdine and MTSU both beat them by about 40.
Something odd about that line but Sportsline analytics say +24 covers 65% of simulations and Im assuming (how could it?) that isnt accounting for Chris Beard being out so I feel good about it.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Nobody respects this court more than me - Chris Beard

Fjz-Iy9o-XEAM-d-F6.png

Something odd about that line but Sportsline analytics say +24 covers 65% of simulations and Im assuming (how could it?) that isnt accounting for Chris Beard being out so I feel good about it.
I feel like I’ve never seen a SportsLine simulation accurately predict a game

ESPN article I just read says, "Austin police told ESPN they received a "disturbance hotshot" call, and officers were dispatched to the 1900 block of Vista Lane shortly after midnight Monday. The Austin Police Department's website defines a "hotshot" call as "incidents which are in progress are an immediate threat to life and/or public safety. ... These calls are dispatched immediately."

So they arrived "shortly after midnight" but the other article linked above said he was arrested at 4:18 AM. Even if that's the time he was officially booked at the jail it shouldn't take 4 hours. What was going on during that time? Inquiring minds want to know.
Don't know if Page 2 mentions it, but in an early report read the 911 caller stated Beard had left the property.

Zero idea on validity, our Supreme Musk doesn't care much about any of that.

In a shocking revelation, Beard's lawyer says he is innocent.

"Beard's attorney, Perry Minton, told the Austin American-Statesman that Beard "is 100% innocent of these charges."

"He should never have been arrested," Minton told the paper. "The complainant wants him released immediately and all charges dismissed. It is truly inconceivable."

He posted bond and was released this afternoon. He's not allowed within 200 yards of his own house and can't possess a firearm.

In a shocking revelation, Beard's lawyer says he is innocent.

"Beard's attorney, Perry Minton, told the Austin American-Statesman that Beard "is 100% innocent of these charges."

"He should never have been arrested," Minton told the paper. "The complainant wants him released immediately and all charges dismissed. It is truly inconceivable."

He posted bond and was released this afternoon. He's not allowed within 200 yards of his own house and can't possess a firearm.
Wife, assuming it was her, realized gravy train is about to come to a screeching halt.

Yeah, it was a good game. The little dude for Rice who fouled out was tough. Had their chance to win in regulation and got a good look. Though loss for them but they played a great game.

Yeah, it was a good game. The little dude for Rice who fouled out was tough. Had their chance to win in regulation and got a good look. Though loss for them but they played a great game.
I wanted to watch it but don't have the stupid Longhorn Network. Thankfully that garbage will cease to exist when they join the SEC.

Yeah, when you said that I was a little surprised. Figured you had that being such a college fan.
Next time I will remember that. I forgot Longhorn Network was affiliated with ESPN. Once they join the SEC they'll usually be on SECN or one of the regular ESPN channels though, won't have to search through the ESPN+/SEC+ shit most of the time.

Yeah, I always just check there to see what's on. I had honestly forgotten completely about the Longhorn Network. The slate tonight kind of sucked. That game and the ASU/Creighton games were good though.

Yeah, I always just check there to see what's on. I had honestly forgotten completely about the Longhorn Network. The slate tonight kind of sucked. That game and the ASU/Creighton games were good though.
New Mexico vs. San Fran should be a good one if you're up for some late night hoops. Pitino Jr. has the Lobos looking pretty solid.

Reactions: KisteK
That's taking the suffocating defensive approach to the next level.

Texas basketball takes charges like nobody else.

Oh man, what a disaster for Texas after such a promising start to a season. Incase they have to fire Chris Beard, will they be snatching Texas Tech's coach again this time?

No. He didn’t get on the plane the first time. He’s a Tech alum.

This better be playing in the arena when UT comes to Lubbock this year.

Saw someone saying students should wear wife beaters at the game. Which is a bit too far.

Police report said it was a woman.

It was Randi his fiancé/gf of 6 years. She is a former Texas Tech volleyball player.

Is he still employed?

Asst Coach Ogden picked him up from jail and didn’t see him at the Rice game. I bet Ogden and Beard are at a Marriott drinking beer.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedR8der4Life
ADVERTISEMENT