ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard

MGC_07

Jun 29, 2016
Rumor has it he was arrested for strangulation of someone in his family. You can search Travis County Inmate and a Chris Beard matching his description in there.

ESPN article I just read says, "Austin police told ESPN they received a "disturbance hotshot" call, and officers were dispatched to the 1900 block of Vista Lane shortly after midnight Monday. The Austin Police Department's website defines a "hotshot" call as "incidents which are in progress are an immediate threat to life and/or public safety. ... These calls are dispatched immediately."

So they arrived "shortly after midnight" but the other article linked above said he was arrested at 4:18 AM. Even if that's the time he was officially booked at the jail it shouldn't take 4 hours. What was going on during that time? Inquiring minds want to know.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ESPN article I just read says, "Austin police told ESPN they received a "disturbance hotshot" call, and officers were dispatched to the 1900 block of Vista Lane shortly after midnight Monday. The Austin Police Department's website defines a "hotshot" call as "incidents which are in progress are an immediate threat to life and/or public safety. ... These calls are dispatched immediately."

So they arrived "shortly after midnight" but the other article linked above said he was arrested at 4:18 AM. Even if that's the time he was officially booked at the jail it shouldn't take 4 hours. What was going on during that time? Inquiring minds want to know.

Fran McCaffrey needs to go home and beat himself.

Interesting. Even if the victim requests that the charge be dropped it isn't usually granted in domestic assault cases. The state will probably prosecute either way.
Depends on the DA. Even then the person assaulted becomes a hostile witness. If it was child, he's done. The wife could drop charges and negotiate a ton of money. Maybe a suspension until he fulfills anger management etc. The good ole boy network is strong in Texas.

Hopefully @SheriffBufordTJustice can sweep this under the rug

Sheriff be like...

de4033c6-3513-4471-b07f-5583b9d1f55c_text.gif

Depends on the DA. Even then the person assaulted becomes a hostile witness. If it was child, he's done. The wife could drop charges and negotiate a ton of money. Maybe a suspension until he fulfills anger management etc. The good ole boy network is strong in Texas.

I don't think the victim can drop a charge like this.

Last edited:

yea, shortly after midnight seems like an odd time to be mad at your wife for dinner being cold.

Oh man, what a disaster for Texas after such a promising start to a season. Incase they have to fire Chris Beard, will they be snatching Texas Tech's coach again this time?

I commend you on this excellent attempt to rile up the Tech homers. Well done.

ADVERTISEMENT