ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard fired

Season 1 Flirting GIF by Now Apocalypse

Maybe stay in-state and go for North Texas coach Grant McCasland?

Seems like Texas has some kind of curse that rejects athletic success

• Haha
Reactions: Sparty_57
Because he is the best coach in the Big 10? He is not leaving Purdue, so moot point

I'd be kind of surprised if Rodney Terry doesn't get the promotion. This Texas team is super talented. Like, national title contender, if they can put everything together. If he can get to at least the Sweet 16, I like his chances of Texas removing the interim tag.

Some other possible names to consider: Kelvin Sampson, Scott Drew, Jamie Dixon, Jerome Tang, Eric Musselman, Nate Oats, Dan Hurley.

Reactions: KisteK
I'd be kind of surprised if Rodney Terry doesn't get the promotion. This Texas team is super talented. Like, national title contender, if they can put everything together. If he can get to at least the Sweet 16, I like his chances of Texas removing the interim tag.

Some other possible names to consider: Kelvin Sampson, Scott Drew, Jamie Dixon, Jerome Tang, Eric Musselman, Nate Oats, Dan Hurley.

I don't see Scott Drew taking that job. Sampson might jump on it, but I'm not sure they want a guy who's pushing 70.

Tang would be hilarious, just to listen to K-State fans cry about the second good coach to leave them after 1 year.

Reactions: dukedevilz
As a Big 12 member, cannot wait to see Texa$ go away. They are a cancer to the Big 12.

Can't happen too soon.

Oh, and bye bye OU. Enjoy your time at the bottom half of the SEC.

Reactions: KisteK
This is why you never call the cops when your husband is kicking your ass. Just sit back and take it cause, in the long run, it's better to eat steak and lobster through a straw than be scrounging for food stamps.
My guy, her puhcea didn't fall off.

If you are going to put Scott Drew on there you might as well put Bill Self.

If you are going to put Scott Drew on there you might as well put Bill Self.

Bill Self obviously wouldn't leave Kansas. He's the highest paid coach in college basketball - and leading a blue blood program.

Scott Drew is doing well for himself, certainly. He's built an amazing culture at Baylor. I think he'll finish his career at Baylor. But, Texas can offer more money. And they also historically do a better job at landing 5-star prospects. So while I wouldn't expect Drew to leave, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Texas reaches out.

At the end of the day Texas is still supremely talented; they're good enough to win the whole thing. I think a Sweet 16/Elite 8 run could be enough for Rodney Terry to get the promotion. After him, I'd suspect Jerome Tang is the next most likely candidate.

ADVERTISEMENT