ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Holtmann fired

price-is-right-come-on-down.gif

If Ohio State hired Darian DeVries (Drake), his son Tucker would transfer and give Ohio State an instant All-American candidate for the 2025 season. Bring back your super sophs in Thornton, Gayle, and Okpara, and OSU has a preseason top 10 team, IMO.

Earier Musselman was the guy for the job.

Seems Drew is the flavor of the month.

I swear Musselman and Oats keep popping up on everyone's short-list of coaching candidates. Seems like Indiana, Texas, and Arizona faithful were all interested. And I'm sure BBN feels similar.

Has Scott Drew interviewed for another school since he's been at Baylor? Feel like he's not a serious candidate, similar to Mark Few and Gonzaga. Too long of a duration at one school to consider the unknown at a different institution.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I swear Musselman and Oats keep popping up on everyone's short-list of coaching candidates. Seems like Indiana, Texas, and Arizona faithful were all interested. And I'm sure BBN feels similar.

Has Scott Drew interviewed for another school since he's been at Baylor? Feel like he's not a serious candidate, similar to Mark Few and Gonzaga. Too long of a duration at one school to consider the unknown at a different institution.
Everyone above would be out at UK in less than 5 years.

Oats and Musseman hate UK couldnt stand our fan base. Drew is better off where he's at.

We need a Pat Rilety to satisfy our fanbase. If Cal can't do it...Who can? Bring Pimptino back?

He had a good run but They'd turn on him twice in a second.

UK can almost guarantee a championship. 5 coaches.

Imagine having to deliver a championship every 5-10 years.

Everyone above would be out at UK in less than 5 years.

Oats and Musseman hate UK couldnt stand our fan base. Drew is better off where he's at.

We need a Pat Rilety to satisfy our fanbase. If Cal can't do it...Who can? Bring Pimptino back?

He had a good run but They'd turn on him twice in a second.

UK can almost guarantee a championship. 5 coaches.

Heard Coach K doesn't have a job.

Reactions: I am stupid
Would be kind of hilarious. I mean, he doesn't have that much longer to live. But, there's a solid chance he could get UK back to the Final Four before he passes away.
So many storylines there. Rupp was forced to retire due to state laws at 72. The dude (pitino)left.....and had one of the best quotes in the history of sports. "don't mess with happiness". He could recruit as well as Calipari. Take UK away from Cal and add Piintio at UK...gotta place my money on the blue chiops coming to UK.

So many storylines there. Rupp was forced to retire due to state laws at 72. The dude (pitino)left.....and had one of the best quotes in the history of sports. "don't mess with happiness". He could recruit as well as Calipari. Take UK away from Cal and add Piintio at UK...gotta place my money on the blue chiops coming to UK.
Would KY bring that fornicator back?!

Gonna be some high profile jobs open this spring/summer...

Would assume Louisville, maybe Indiana, Michigan perhaps. Now Ohio St. Will be interesting, to say the least.

When IU got Archie I remember mods saying Few is from the NW and really enjoys living there, apparently a big outdoors guy/fly fisherman. Schools have tried but he's always given the not interested remark. Similar to Jay Wright being a Philly guy.

Reactions: dukedevilz
When IU got Archie I remember mods saying Few is from the NW and really enjoys living there, apparently a big outdoors guy/fly fisherman. Schools have tried but he's always given the not interested remark. Similar to Jay Wright being a Philly guy.

Yup. I do believe he briefly considered the Oregon job back in 2010. And I think the job would have been his, if he wanted it. But, ultimately he's just too comfortable/happy where he is in Spokane... and that's how I feel about Scott Drew. I think he's Baylor for life. But, he is in only 53. So, I suppose you could get a solid 12-15 years out of him, where he to leave. But, my gut says he stays put.

ADVERTISEMENT