ADVERTISEMENT

CFB related, Mike Leach has died

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
Mike leach (MSU HC) was rushed to the hospital in Jackson Ms.due to a massive heart attack yesterday and is in very serious condition. His family has requested prayers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vern4Vols
From what I’ve read it’s not looking good. Hopefully that changes. I’ve always liked him. At one time he was an assistant coach at UK.

Reactions: della
From what I’ve read it’s not looking good. Hopefully that changes. I’ve always liked him. At one time he was an assistant coach at UK.
I like him too.

He's a character, that's for sure. Super knowledgeable. And super quirky, but in an interesting way. Hope he's able to make a speedy recovery. College Football is better with him around.

Hate to hear it. I love his personality, especially when he talks about what he's gonna eat for Thanksgiving and his love for Haribo gummi bears.🤣 Unfortunately, that's likely what put him in this situation. Hope the best for the Pirate, but does not sound like good news is on the horizon. Only 61-years-old, too. Such a shame.

Reactions: Scotty00
I wish I had better news, but I’m told UMMC has transitioned into comfort care measures for Coach Mike Leach. It’s essentially hospice care at this point.
I’m told he’s been largely if not totally nonresponsive since the cardiac event yesterday morning.

It appears to simply be a matter of time now. It all seems so unfair. Life is fleeting. Tell those you love who much you love them. Forgive, forgive, forgive.

We will not be working to break the final story. We will respect the family’s timing on all of that. Yes, we have a story ready to roll, but we will now await the official and unfortunate word from the University.

I can’t believe we’re even having these discussions. It’s so surreal. He isn’t just our football coach. He’s Mike Leach, a national treasure. I’m honored to say he was our coach for three seasons. It’s also nice to remember that he’s going out a winner.

Please remember his family, our coaches and players in your thoughts and prayers.
I love you all and Hail State!"

247 Steve Robertson

Mike Leach is a really smart man and a treasure trove of quotes that makes him a real treasure.
Hoping for the best for him and family.

s-IVLbjs

ADVERTISEMENT