ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron Reddish and the McDonald's All American game

1156jack

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2003
Incredible talents like RJ Barrett and Zion Williamson naturally draw loads of attention and can even precipitate an overshadowing of others of excellent abilities. Take Cameron Reddish for example. Due to an injury he didn't play in Canada, so the evidence of his potential is confined to his high school carreer, especially the McDonald's High School All America game.

Reddish may not turn out to be one of Duke's "go to" scorers, though the jury is still out. However, the stat sheet from the McDonalds game is intriguing:

Top Scorers
• Nassir Little 28
• Jordan Brown 26
• RJ Barrett 26

Leaders in Assists
• Darius Garland 11
• Cameron Reddish 9

Leaders in Steals
• Cameron Reddish 5
• Zion Williamson 3

These numbers generate a few observations, though of course, Zion was injured:
• If he can generate both steals and assists, Cameron Reddish may be the ideal number 2 guard on a Duke team loaded with talent.
• Nassir Little and RJ Barrett are beasts.

Based in what you know so far will Cameron Reddish emerge as a star in his own right?

"Anything's possible" ~ Former 4* SGA UK Wildcat/ Current L.A. Clipper

5acd11f49ff08.image.jpg

McDonald's Game means absolutely nothing when projecting a player's college career or future pro success. It's a glorified pickup game and dunk contest.

With that said, Cam Reddish is my personal favorite of the big 3 Freshmen.

Is he the 1st 4* player to make it to the NBA?
Not sure. But he worked his way in ranked lower than Reddish, so there should be less doubt about Reddish's future if SGA can do it. I think he serves as a good indicator through any concern. Hell, he wasn't even the starting guard for a while, so, yeah . . . I'd say Reddish stands a decent chance of being a star.

But ultimately, that's up to Reddish alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Not sure. But he worked his way in ranked lower than Reddish, so there should be less doubt about Reddish's future if SGA can do it. I think he serves as a good indicator through any concern. Hell, he wasn't even the starting guard for a while, so, yeah . . . I'd say Reddish stands a decent chance of being a star.

But ultimately, that's up to Reddish alone.
Just think how impressive it would’ve been if he didn’t move to a starting role & still got drafted as a 4* after just one year.

Reddish is very similar to Knox
if he has as good a year as Knox did then Duke fans will be happy
The greatest thing about the McD's game was watching Reddish and Little go toe to toe on multiple successive possessions. Both were absolutely fearless and was nailing everything. It was fun to watch. I won't be surprised if he's better than the other two.

Duke is loaded with those three, but out side that who knows. Seth Greenburg and Dan Dakitch was talking today about Bolden might be the 3rd best center on the team.

It’s hilarious that you guys are trying to take something away from the McD’s AA game, as well as Duke’s performance in Canada

Nova fans are at a point where we just laugh at you

Nice way to enjoy time with your dad and son--------------------------on a dam phone. EyerollEyeroll
My Dad has a batting cage in his barn, it’s where he coached my brother & I. Those two spend anywhere from 15 to 20 hours a week in there.
I just sit back & let the Blast Sensor do its job & then compare the data.

It’s hilarious that you guys are trying to take something away from the McD’s AA game, as well as Duke’s performance in Canada

Nova fans are at a point where we just laugh at you

All 6 of you do, I'm sure.

ADVERTISEMENT