ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari has serious interest in UCLA job

I feel like you also have the largest percentage of idiots as well

just goes with the territory of having by far the largest fanbase
the percentages are the same with any fanbase
as i said people are people

It’s not the best job in cbb. UNC and Duke are both better jobs right now. It’s hard to admit that but it’s true. Those programs have what seems like dozens of alumni at Espn as talking heads constantly spinning and propogating for them. Much better in State talent. And are seemingly held to a different standard by the sports governing body.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere but there are reasons to go to UCLA over Kentucky. I get exhausted just thinking about all the commitments Cal has as the Uk basketball coach.

A lot of those are at UCLA too. I think there’s less pressure at UCLA though. And I don’t think he cares for our fan base. I could see where apathy could make the job easier.

We have the best and worst fan base in the sport at the same time. By that I mean we’re clearly the most invested but there are drawbacks to that. Often unrealistic expectations. I think that effects our players. And it has to wear on the coach.

If it’s about a raise, im baffled by the timing of it.
No disrespect to duke, but the only thing that makes that job appealing is coach k. It’s been 86 years since they had a different coach. They could very well fall off like Indiana once k hangs it up.

No disrespect to duke, but the only thing that makes that job appealing is coach k. It’s been 86 years since they had a different coach. They could very well fall off like Indiana once k hangs it up.

Any of us could fall off for at least a while if we lost the head coach. However I get your point that Duke seems less likely to cut bait early, especially if the replacement for K is one of his former players.

Would be really i interesting to see him at ucla. Imo he would kill it out west. Better then he's doing at uk.

The weather is nice in LA.

Would be really i interesting to see him at ucla. Imo he would kill it out west. Better then he's doing at uk.

Well, yeah. Only Kentucky fans don't think he'd succeed out West. But not due to self interest or anything.

Any of us could fall off for at least a while if we lost the head coach. However I get your point that Duke seems less likely to cut bait early, especially if the replacement for K is one of his former players.

we will soon see if they take the path of IU and Uconn

6 posters said he'd do well out West. None we're Kentucky fans. 2 posters disagreed. Guess which fan base those two were from.
I don't count posters or how many said what, so thanks. Good thing those 2 posters don't represent Kentucky fans as a whole. Also, it's worth noting, it's not unreasonable to think he couldn't duplicate what he's done at UK somewhere else, not many coaches anywhere has put up the numbers he has at UK.

Again, Calipari's not leaving so not sure what kind of leg up some are trying to get here.

Reactions: sgrooms
Good thing those 2 posters don't represent Kentucky fans as a whole. Also, it's worth noting, it's not unreasonable to think he couldn't duplicate what he's done at UK somewhere else, not many coaches anywhere has put up the numbers he has at UK.

Yeah I didn't say all Kentucky fans. Just only Kentucky fans disagreeing.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
There are people actually taking this seriously.

Amazing.

Are there? Granted, I have some people on ignore, but most are just discussing the merits of wanting to coach at UCLA. I don't think anyone here is saying he's actually considering it.

Theres only a handful of NBA jobs that are even arguably better than UK. Celtics and Lakers are the only two Ill even outright concede. The rest are all absolutely up for debate.

That being said, as far as this UCLA garbage goes, y'all are only gonna get this out of me once, so screenshot it, save it, post it on mommy's fridge....whatever.

Louisville is a better CBB job than UCLA. There, I said it. Now Im going to have to double up the insults to offset that.
I know man that’s why I threw out a few NBA teams that were better coaching positions, I’m not denying the fact that UK is a tier 1 job in the world of college basketball.

I'm sorry but I laughed at this tweet in response to Evan Daniels

Fringe top 50? LOL

Reactions: UL_1986
Are there? Granted, I have some people on ignore, but most are just discussing the merits of wanting to coach at UCLA. I don't think anyone here is saying he's actually considering it.

The merits of John Calipari wanting to coach at UCLA, yes.

Similar to the way I would sell Kate Upton on the merits of sitting on my face instead of Justin Verlander’s - both are suitable choices, one is just attached to something more successful.

This Hurt recruitment is getting nasty, FIrst the Self to the Bulls fake rumor which had to deny publicly..

Now a Calipari to UCLA rumor appears suddenly, which he feels the need to deny publicly....

Lil Pitino is working overtime.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
You take that back right now! Wojo will floor slap his way to a natty in year one post-K.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT