ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari has serious interest in UCLA job

UCLA hacks on a fishing expedition. If Cal wanted to coach in a G5 league he would've stayed at Memphis.

You can’t argue that the pressure would definitely be lower and he could and still will get very good recruits at UCLA

Reactions: Monorojo
You can’t argue that the pressure would definitely be lower and he could and still will get very good recruits at UCLA
Im not going to bother arguing it because we both know this is just stupid baiting tripe by whoever wrote the article, as much as you wish it were true.

Didn't they say two guys were offering the money? Same guys who were going to offer pitino big bucks?

I think if Cal were to take another position in CBB, he would retire from UK first. wait a year, then accept the position. Otherwise BBN would do, well what we do when we're upset. lol

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Other than the Lakers or Celtics, I can’t think of a pro team with more to offer. Certainly not anything international.
Agree on the international part and the Lakers and Celtics, however there are a few other NBA organizations I could see having more clout at the coaching position than UK. Spurs job being one, and as dreadful as the Knicks are, that’s a big time job.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I would throw the Knicks in too especially if they land who they expect to this summer

I'd be surprised if this happened...but to say that UCLA offers nothing that he doesn't have? It offers LA, and Cal seems like an LA kinda guy (attention whore). It also might offer more $$$. Not to mention more conference titles/higher NCAA seeds.

I'd be surprised if this happened...but to say that UCLA offers nothing that he doesn't have? It offers LA, and Cal seems like an LA kinda guy (attention whore). It also might offer more $$$. Not to mention more conference titles/higher NCAA seeds.
Calipari would OWN the west coast, think about it he would instantly have LA clout recruiting, AZ is done if this happens!

I'm hearing Billy Gillispie to UK!!!

Reactions: HRTheCard
YAWN.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

another year
another baseless rumor

Reactions: catman111
Makes zero sense and is complete BS unless it’s simply leverage for a raise and extension.

In the world? In cbb yes.

It’s not the best job in cbb. UNC and Duke are both better jobs right now. It’s hard to admit that but it’s true. Those programs have what seems like dozens of alumni at Espn as talking heads constantly spinning and propogating for them. Much better in State talent. And are seemingly held to a different standard by the sports governing body.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere but there are reasons to go to UCLA over Kentucky. I get exhausted just thinking about all the commitments Cal has as the Uk basketball coach.

A lot of those are at UCLA too. I think there’s less pressure at UCLA though. And I don’t think he cares for our fan base. I could see where apathy could make the job easier.

We have the best and worst fan base in the sport at the same time. By that I mean we’re clearly the most invested but there are drawbacks to that. Often unrealistic expectations. I think that effects our players. And it has to wear on the coach.

If it’s about a raise, im baffled by the timing of it.

Honestly think cal would have even more success at UCLA than he currently has at UK. He’s done a great job at UK. Just think if UCLA ever got the right coach and for how bad all west coast teams are; he would absolutely kill it out there.

All that said, he isn’t going anywhere.

It’s not the best job in cbb. UNC and Duke are both better jobs right now. It’s hard to admit that but it’s true. Those programs have what seems like dozens of alumni at Espn as talking heads constantly spinning and propogating for them. Much better in State talent. And are seemingly held to a different standard by the sports governing body.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere but there are reasons to go to UCLA over Kentucky. I get exhausted just thinking about all the commitments Cal has as the Uk basketball coach.

A lot of those are at UCLA too. I think there’s less pressure at UCLA though. And I don’t think he cares for our fan base. I could see where apathy could make the job easier.

We have the best and worst fan base in the sport at the same time. By that I mean we’re clearly the most invested but there are drawbacks to that. Often unrealistic expectations. I think that effects our players. And it has to wear on the coach.

Good post, and a lot of questions raised. With that said, I think he retires at UK.

Reactions: Big_Blue79

if you have ever listened to Cal he loves BBN has (he has the same type of passion)
he is not stupid, he fully understands that every fanbase has about the same percentage of idiots
we have by far the largest fanbase, so we have by far the largest amount of idiots
but at the end of the day people are people regardless who they root for

Cal has talked many times how hard is was at Memphis getting fans in the seats and traveling to games
it would be the same at UCLA

if you have ever listened to Cal he loves BBN has (he has the same type of passion)
he is not stupid, he fully understands that every fanbase has about the same percentage of idiots
we have by far the largest fanbase, so we have by far the largest amount of idiots
but at the end of the day people are people regardless who they root for

Cal has talked many times how hard is was at Memphis getting fans in the seats and traveling to games
it would be the same at UCLA

I feel like you also have the largest percentage of idiots as well

Yeah I’m sure Cal is just dying to fly coach like UCLA does.

In the world? In cbb yes.
Theres only a handful of NBA jobs that are even arguably better than UK. Celtics and Lakers are the only two Ill even outright concede. The rest are all absolutely up for debate.

That being said, as far as this UCLA garbage goes, y'all are only gonna get this out of me once, so screenshot it, save it, post it on mommy's fridge....whatever.

Louisville is a better CBB job than UCLA. There, I said it. Now Im going to have to double up the insults to offset that.

Honestly think cal would have even more success at UCLA than he currently has at UK. He’s done a great job at UK. Just think if UCLA ever got the right coach and for how bad all west coast teams are; he would absolutely kill it out there.

All that said, he isn’t going anywhere.
Teams west of the Mississippi don’t win championships often. There’s a reason for that.

Real Basketball is played east of the Mississippi I guess. Hell you tell me you live it

ADVERTISEMENT