ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12

I wouldn’t

Kentucky and UNC is better overall job, but reminds me a bit of Kentucky pre-Calipari or UNC post-Dougherty. Top 5 brand in the sport, definitely a distant #5 right now, but still top 5. You can’t ignore that fact.

Virginia doesn’t really have much going on beyond what Bennett is doing as a coach there. He leaves, they fall like a rock a la Pitt post-Dixon.

Thinking about this a little more- I bet Pearl goes to UCLA.

Not a great culture fit.

Pearl needs to be at an underdog school given his personality and volatility. A la Frank Martin.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
Not a great culture fit.

Pearl needs to be at an underdog school given his personality and volatility. A la Frank Martin.

Aside from winning, I don’t think Bennet would be a good personality fit there either. His style just doesn’t really fit the showtime style that you think about with LA.

Cal was a fit, but Kentucky pulled out the stops

Jay Wright honestly would be the perfect fit.

Not a great culture fit.

Aside from winning, I don’t think Bennet would be a good personality fit there either. His style just doesn’t really fit the showtime style that you think about with LA.

Cal was a fit, but Kentucky pulled out the stops

Jay Wright honestly would be the perfect fit.

If Konate does come back WVU has one of the scariest front putts in the country. Definitely the most intimidating.

Honestly I thought Culver did a great job for WVU this season. I thought their issues had more to do with the guards.

When those guys left the team I think made them better. Certainly played better in the Big 12 conference tournament. I've never been that high on Esa Ahmad although he did seem to put in some stats.

Reactions: KisteK
If Konate does come back WVU has one of the scariest front putts in the country. Definitely the most intimidating.

Honestly I thought Culver did a great job for WVU this season. I thought their issues had more to do with the guards.

When those guys left the team I think made them better. Certainly played better in the Big 12 conference tournament. I've never been that high on Esa Ahmad although he did seem to put in some stats.

Decent role player. Terrible leader. He thrived some under Javon Carter’s leadership last year. He was decent this year but toxic to the team.

Decent role player. Terrible leader. He thrived some under Javon Carter’s leadership last year. He was decent this year but toxic to the team.

Yeah. Losing Carter is what really hurt them. His leadership, toughness, and just motor. He was a great player and floor general for Huggins out there.

Reactions: doogie503

Yeah. Losing Carter is what really hurt them. His leadership, toughness, and just motor. He was a great player and floor general for Huggins out there.

He embodied Huggy and their culture.

Reactions: doogie503
Texas tech, kansas, oklahoma and wvu with final fours since 2010....

40% of the league... Not bad
I wanted to check in on Oscar Tswheibe (sp?). How is he doing for you all? Really wanted this guy at UK. So impressed with him.

I didn't watch the WVU game. Will check them out against Pitt.

I don't like giving up 84 points to Akron.
But they have some players and look like a lot of depth this year.

They are a sleeper like Oklahoma State in the Big 12 this year.
I am bigger on Oklahoma State because of Waters and because they went 2-0 against WVU last year.

Currently the Big XII has five schools in the top 25 2020 recruiting class.

Very nice.

Reactions: TechFan88
Currently the Big XII has five schools in the top 25 2020 recruiting class.

Very nice.
I’m holding judgment on KU till after the NCAA drops it’s hammer next spring hopefully before the late signing period for those young men’s benefit if the NCAA is gonna crush KU *i wouldn’t put it past the NCAA to make a example out of KU especially with Memphis Zona,LSU doing what they have done recently to buck the NCAA penalty system*

Whatever happens with KU they will return quickly. Too much desire to win at basketball.

Maybe if KU and Louisville distance themselves from Adidas it could go easier for them.
I don’t know if KU can EVER create enough distance from themselves and Adidas to get the NCAA using Lube vs the NCAA going No Lube

Texas Tech picks up a win over Houston Baptist 103-74 in Midland. Sloppy game from Tech turnover wise with 23.

Top Performers for Tech
FR Jahmi'us Ramsey - 25 pts, 5 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk (10-13 FG 3-3 3PT 2-3 FT)
SR TJ Holyfield - 21 pts, 2 reb, 2 stl, 2 blk (9-10 FG 1-2 3PT 2-4 FT)

Last edited:
I didn't watch the WVU game. Will check them out against Pitt.

I don't like giving up 84 points to Akron.
But they have some players and look like a lot of depth this year.

They are a sleeper like Oklahoma State in the Big 12 this year.
I am bigger on Oklahoma State because of Waters and because they went 2-0 against WVU last year.

Did you watch it? You have to be impressed with WVU right? Oscar was a man among boys.

Did you watch it? You have to be impressed with WVU right? Oscar was a man among boys.

Didn't watch the second half but saw issues with penetration from the Pitt guards.
Oscar is a solid player but how he is playing he somehow makes Culver disappear.
Did see some high and low but for the most part playing two bigs who cannot play on the outside makes your team much easier to defend

Didn't watch the second half but saw issues with penetration from the Pitt guards.
Oscar is a solid player but how he is playing he somehow makes Culver disappear.
Did see some high and low but for the most part playing two bigs who cannot play on the outside makes your team much easier to defend

Yeah, figured you wouldn't say anything good. You are a funny guy.

You played a bad team.

Culver was getting double doubles all year last year.
But with Oscar on the court those numbers are going to Oscar.

Need to find a way to use their strengths to generate offense together.

A lot to work to do. Especially perimeter defense

Pitt did look bad but they also beat FSU who beat #6 Florida so maybe they aren't that bad. Perimeter defense looked great in the second half when we got one of our starters back who barely played in the first half because of 2 quick fouls. You wouldn't know about that since you didnt finish watching.

Last edited:
Texas Tech picks up a win over Houston Baptist 103-74 in Midland. Sloppy game from Tech turnover wise with 23.

Top Performers for Tech
FR Jahmi'us Ramsey - 25 pts, 5 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk (10-13 FG 3-3 3PT 2-3 FT)
SR TJ Holyfield - 21 pts, 2 reb, 2 stl, 2 blk (9-10 FG 1-2 3PT 2-4 FT)

Why did they play in Midland?

I like our team a lot. Defense will be an issue but they are young. Seems like there is good depth. One thing I dislike is 121 free throw attempts combined in just two games. Boring. Last night was very tightly officiated, hope that changes

As of right now the Big 12 has six of the Top 20 defenses according to KenPom.

K State
Tech
Baylor
Texas
OU
Kansas

Huggins knows this and knows he has to get WVU to the level on defense but he also has to find a way to score on these defenses

Using his bigs with shooters is the key because a lot of these teams are perimeter oriented.

A good week for Texas to build on their resume.
Most of us want to finish on top or near the top to get placed in Regional in Houston.

Texas plays Georgetown on Thursday at MSG in the Empire 2K Classic
Then plays the winner of Duke vs Cal

2 years ago in Portland I thought Texas was the better team against Duke for almost 3/4 of that game but lost a close one in OT.
Hopefully they get another chance with a lot of those guards for Texas 2 years older

Texas v Georgetown is the only decent Big XII game this week.

Gross slate of upcoming games.

I watched some more of the Georgetown game from last night today.

They have some players.
LeBlanc is a solid player. I believe their PG Allen? looks decent.
McClung looked good but from what I have heard he has had up and downs.

I am hoping Georgetown wants to run.
Texas can play both ways but with our guards I think a fast pace game would benefit Texas because Georgetown could possibly be more efficient in the half court for short stretches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT