ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 and Big 10 look to be the top leagues early

RockChalk82

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2019
RPI thus far since NET isn’t out for a while. Both are deep, already have quality wins, and have final four potential in their top 3-4 teams.

Of the Power 7 thus far per RPI:

Big 10
Big 12
Big East
American
SEC
ACC
PAC

Last edited:
You are losing credibility over here asking for Banners to be hung.

Kind of hard to judge when some teams have only played 1-2 games.

The RPI belongs in the grave, forever.

There is no way the American is the 4th best conference. Houston is outstanding. Memphis, SMU, and Cincinnati are good enough to make the tournament. Even still, that's not enough to be the 4th best conference.

As of right now, I would rank the top 7 like this:

1. Big 12
2. Big Ten
3. ACC
4. Big East
5. SEC
6. Pac 12
7. American

Reactions: shun1
Now RPI has big 12 #1

They also have Iowa ranked 75th. I don't have any particular admiration for Iowa and have no problem mocking their early schedule. However, its Hard to take that metric seriously, when you look at where they have some teams listed currently.

The Oklahoma schools will determine where the Big 12 is at.
Both look like quality teams so far.

Meaning 70% of the conference is Top 30

Big 12 actually has a horrible team this year in K State. Different than most years. I would be surprised if they win more than 4 games in the Big 12

Reactions: Fight r8rs Fight!
They also have Iowa ranked 75th. I don't have any particular admiration for Iowa and have no problem mocking their early schedule. However, its Hard to take that metric seriously, when you look at where they have some teams listed currently.

Iowa’s non conference schedule includes North Carolina and Gonzaga. Iowa State is on there but they’re bad

The issue with the B1G is those top teams aren't Final 4 teams

A lot of depth but nothing at the top.

If a team can match Garza on the inside Iowa has issues
Illinois is very overrated. Don't know what people saw there
I don't see a Top 5/10 team with Wisconsin

Michigan State is the only one of them who can make it to the Final 4 but this isn't Izzo's best team.

Reactions: hawkit3113

Michigan State is the only one of them who can make it to the Final 4 but this isn't Izzo's best team.

How do you enjoy your crow?

Duke has 2 losses to Big 10 teams already. Big 10 is on their way to winning this challenge easily.

Iowa, Illinois, Michigan State are all capable of making the Final Four. No one is going to finish the season undefeated. Iowa plays Gonzaga on the 19th. We'll see how that goes.

Minnesota, Rutgers, Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Maryland, Penn State and Purdue round out the middle and it's a very competitive group.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Illinois has some talent. I think they can jump on imposters. Especially when Underwood coaches them up

But they aren't there yet. Illinois would have to get a 1 seed.
Unless they want to go through Baylor, Gonzaga and Villanova.

Those three have the ability to play both sides of the floor near an elite level right now

The Oklahoma schools will determine where the Big 12 is at.
Both look like quality teams so far.

Meaning 70% of the conference is Top 30

Big 12 actually has a horrible team this year in K State. Different than most years. I would be surprised if they win more than 4 games in the Big 12
They won’t win a single game against a big 12 team unless the opposition has multiple players out.

Reactions: Fight r8rs Fight!
According to the “rpi” Mercer is #1 😂.

Sagarin rankings are usually pretty close to what Vegas uses to set their lines. Big12 and Big10 are probably the strongest two conferences, but don’t use the RPI in December.

Reactions: duckboy33
Big 12 was going to have half their conference be Top 20 teams

The results so far have proven this to be true.

The difference in the B1G and the Big 12 is 6-10.
B1G has more depth because of having more teams

But Big 12 plays each other twice.
So ultimately everyone has 8-10 games against Top 20 teams.
These teams are actually Top 10 in KenPom.

No one in the B1G plays Iowa twice, Illinois twice, Michigan St twice, Wisconsin twice or Ohio State twice.

On the subject of Kansas State, I just want to remind the college basketball world that a very popular narrative around 2012 was that Illinois was dumb for firing Bruce Weber because they couldn't find anyone better. This picked up even more steam once Groce was a relative failure here.

Never settle, people!

Big 12 was going to have half their conference be Top 20 teams

The results so far have proven this to be true.

The difference in the B1G and the Big 12 is 6-10.
B1G has more depth because of having more teams

But Big 12 plays each other twice.
So ultimately everyone has 8-10 games against Top 20 teams.
These teams are actually Top 10 in KenPom.

No one in the B1G plays Iowa twice, Illinois twice, Michigan St twice, Wisconsin twice or Ohio State twice.
Wait, are you saying no one plays all of those schools twice or no one plays any of those schools twice?

Reactions: duckboy33
If Iowa St beats Iowa tonight...

Game will be pretty much over.

B1G for sure wouldn't be close to the Big 12
Are you aware that Iowa has the greatest basketball player of all time and the son of God on the same team?

If Iowa loses, it’ll just confirm what the rest of the big ten knows. Iowa is very beatable because they don’t play defense.

If Iowa St beats Iowa tonight...

Game will be pretty much over.

B1G for sure wouldn't be close to the Big 12
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT