ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Team PO's Millinennials

I love that people took actual offense to this. The angry tweets are hilarious.

I thought the promotion was hilarious, but dear lord was the butt hurt real in those comments.

Disclaimer:
While I am a "Millennial" I do feel that it is the worst generation so far and it's not even close, so I might be a little biased.

I thought the promotion was hilarious, but dear lord was the butt hurt real in those comments.

Disclaimer:
While I am a "Millennial" I do feel that it is the worst generation so far and it's not even close, so I might be a little biased.

That's normal. Every new generation is viewed as the worst one ever. The generation that fought and won WWII? Complete losers, according to the generation ahead of them. After all, WWI was fought by the real men. They didn't have the fancy high tech machines the WWII pussies had.

Disclaimer:
Count me in with you. My generation sucks

That's normal. Every new generation is viewed as the worst one ever. The generation that fought and won WWII? Complete losers, according to the generation ahead of them. After all, WWI was fought by the real men. They didn't have the fancy high tech machines the WWII pussies had.
Pretty much this.

I was born in 1984, does that make me a millennial?

I’m 1979 and am considered by many to be the last year of X’ers. I’ve never seen anybody say any year past 1981 for people of Generation X. It started in 1961-1964ish.

So you’re fvcked and you’re what’s wrong with America. YOU!

Reactions: tw3301
Apparently the general guideline is that millennials are aged 22-37. 21 and under are Post-Millennial.

I think when people bitch about millennials (at least when I do) they mean post-millennials. Or people born in the last few years of the millennial window.

Boomers suck just as bad.
My rebuttal was going to be "Yeah but you throw like a girl"

Then I saw this........
I’m a young Gen Xer so I can’t really say much.

I was too, but I think that’s the cusp/ cut off age. So idk.
So you were born over a 25 year period? Seems pretty impressive.

Then started wondering what the 1986 in your name is for?

Thought that promo was pretty funny. People should be able to laugh at themselves a little more.

Not sure why but this reminds me of something that happened last night in Nashville. We were at one of the thousands of rooftop bars downtown before heading to a concert and about to leave. So I went over to a group of guys who seem to be waiting for a table and told them we were about to go if they wanted ours. One of them was like, 'Nah, thanks though. Hey man, do you have an iPhone charger on you I could use?'. I mean, do people carry phone chargers around with them? If so, did this dude think I would just give it to him and now hang around so he could charge his phone?

My rebuttal was going to be "Yeah but you throw like a girl"

Then I saw this........

So you were born over a 25 year period? Seems pretty impressive.

Then started wondering what the 1986 in your name is for?
So, your rebuttal is not being able to do basic mathematics? I literally said I was born in ‘84, that would make me 34. 1986 UofL beat Duke in their second national championship, that would be 32 years ago. Like I’ve stated, basic mathematics. Stay sharp.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The Lexington Legends (minor league baseball team as well) did this a few months back and pissed off a bunch of people. I'll say the same thing I said then: It doesn't bother me at all, but it is beyond stupid to "insult" your potential customers. Especially when you are minor league baseball team that is hardly a huge draw.

I guess I'm barely a millinennial (don't really consider myself one, but I'm 34), and I literally know no one who fits this dumbass "millennial" stereotype of eating avocado toast and napping all day. I'm the most well off of any of my group of friends growing up, but even my friends who aren't doing as well in life aren't sitting around acting entitled, they are too busy working their assess off to survive. If any generation deserves mocking, its the boomers who don't realize the world isn't as easy for 18-30 year olds today as it was in the 70's.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
The Lexington Legends (minor league baseball team as well) did this a few months back and pissed off a bunch of people. I'll say the same thing I said then: It doesn't bother me at all, but it is beyond stupid to "insult" your potential customers. Especially when you are minor league baseball team that is hardly a huge draw.

I guess I'm barely a millinennial (don't really consider myself one, but I'm 34), and I literally know no one who fits this dumbass "millennial" stereotype of eating avocado toast and napping all day. I'm the most well off of any of my group of friends growing up, but even my friends who aren't doing as well in life aren't sitting around acting entitled, they are too busy working their assess off to survive. If any generation deserves mocking, its the boomers who don't realize the world isn't as easy for 18-30 year olds today as it was in the 70's.
I'd agree and I'm in the same age bracket---i think the people targeted are mid 90's to early 2's. Most 80's kids I know work their ass off and have good jobs.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk

Exactly. Times changed, and tbh they had it quite easy in comparison to the benefits that were/are reaped.

Reactions: Global Havok
That’s not true is it? 34K in 1977 was like 150K today, right? No way 25-34 year olds were making that much then.

Or am I a dummy and don’t understand it?
Not sure the source of this info, but if I had to guess they were factoring in the inflation of wage amount. So technically 8,000$ a yr would be the amount in 1977.

I wonder what types of jobs and qualifications they have for these jobs---that they are getting paid 34k.

Reactions: WojoRising
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT