ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn

Credit Florida's defense who give up only 65.6 ppg overall.

In 14/17 games, Florida has held opponents to an average of 60.3 ppg:
Ten opponents scored 63 points or less (i.e, FSU, UConn, Miami, Providence, Ole Miss., Auburn)

There were only three games where opponents scored more than 70+ points (Butler, Alabama & Missouri).

Florida’s defense doesn’t give up a ton of points because y’all play so slowly. You’re 301st in pace.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good, solid top 50 defense. But it’s not elite.

UK can hang with the top 3 ACC teams, and maybe 1 or 2 more sec teams will be there as well. But after your top 3, pew, pretty much a toss up. The next 4 sec teams are probably better.

Didn't UK beat one of those top 3 teams?
The bottom half is far worse in the sec than the acc. I guess ultimately it doesn’t matter, just making a statement.

UK can hang with the top 3 ACC teams, and maybe 1 or 2 more sec teams will be there as well. But after your top 3, pew, pretty much a toss up. The next 4 sec teams are probably better.

Didn't UK beat one of those top 3 teams?
That’s an unfounded opinion. I’d say the top 3 in the ACC is way better than the top 3 in the SEC. 3 projected 2 seeds currently. You played a home game and were in an absolute dog fight. Neutral court or on their court and you probably lose

Big 12 is good, but not deep. Big 10 is deep, but not good. ACC is decent at the top. SEC blows. Pac 12 is the Pac 12. Big East is okay.

That about covers it.

That’s an unfounded opinion. I’d say the top 3 in the ACC is way better than the top 3 in the SEC. 3 projected 2 seeds currently. You played a home game and were in an absolute dog fight. Neutral court or on their court and you probably lose

Ifs and buts....

The ACC is obviously putrid hot dumpster juice this season.

Agreed.
ACC basketball overall is only slightly better than ACC football.

It's top heavy with three contenders but has a very weak middle - the rest of the ACC are projected to be just bubble teams.

For instance, pre-season #8 North Carolina (8-9) is in last place of the ACC.

Also, pre-season #11 Virginia (2019 champs) at #49 kp is ranked significantly below seven other SEC teams in the ken pom rankings.

Last edited:
Reactions: jackrabbit slim
Florida’s defense doesn’t give up a ton of points because y’all play so slowly. You’re 301st in pace.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good, solid top 50 defense. But it’s not elite.

This year's Florida's offense (ranked 31) is ranked well ahead of their defense (rank 41).
Traditionally in the last few years, Florida usually fields a top 25/20 defense which is what Mike White wants out of his team. The Gators are certainly capable of turning up the defense if they want to keep improving. They will have their hands full in their next two games: LSU & Baylor.

This year's Florida's offense (ranked 31) is ranked well ahead of their defense (rank 41).
Traditionally in the last few years, Florida usually fields a top 25/20 defense which is what Mike White wants out of his team. The Gators are certainly capable of turning up the defense if they want to keep improving. They will have their hands full in their next two games: LSU & Baylor.

I don't know if I’d call a 10 place gap “well ahead.” Out of 353 teams, you’re talking about 2.8% difference.

But yes, your offense is ranked better than your D (despite looking flat out awful at times), and neither unit is elite.

Reactions: rdgtr
Idk guys. We got nearly 0 50/50 balls in the last two games. We had multiple blocks bounce right out to some dude standing wide open on the 3 point line who nails the shot. We’ve missed countless layups, dunks, and put backs. Shits just not falling for us right now. It happens.

Are we as good as last year? Hell no. We had the best guards in the nation. Are we going to miss the tourney? Lol you’re dumb if you think that.

Jared Harper going pro put us in a bad spot. JMac has disappeared on the road throughout his career at AU. Doughty is hurt and behind them is nothing. Pearl honestly ****ed this up by not having a talented PG in last years class. Davion Mitchell leaving for Baylor is hurting us too.

oh and Danjel Purifoy may be the most physically disappointing player of all time.

Idk guys. We got nearly 0 50/50 balls in the last two games. We had multiple blocks bounce right out to some dude standing wide open on the 3 point line who nails the shot. We’ve missed countless layups, dunks, and put backs. Shits just not falling for us right now. It happens.

Are we as good as last year? Hell no. We had the best guards in the nation. Are we going to miss the tourney? Lol you’re dumb if you think that.

Jared Harper going pro put us in a bad spot. JMac has disappeared on the road throughout his career at AU. Doughty is hurt and behind them is nothing. Pearl honestly ****ed this up by not having a talented PG in last years class. Davion Mitchell leaving for Baylor is hurting us too.

oh and Danjel Purifoy may be the most physically disappointing player of all time.

Yeah, you didn’t have the best guards in the nation last year.

Most of the times it is a dog fight between UofL and UK. Doesn't matter where its played. 2013 We were ousted 1st round of the NIT. UofL won the natty. We lost to them by 3 pts.

We've had some bonehead losses, but we always do.. UofL gets us after Camp Cal where we always improve by a lot.

Joe L has your conference ranked at 6, while he ranks the sec as 3rd.
Your logic is false....

Reactions: kyjeff1
Sorry man and I told my buds LSU celebrating with 3:24 to play was a bad idea. LSU was lucky to get out in regulation. That may have been the two most evenly matched teams I've seen all year.

Reactions: rdgtr
Well, let’s see....

Easiest schedule in NCAA power conference history....two blowout losses to unranked teams....

I think we all know the answer to this question.

MsqgVCg.gif

Please show me the proof of easiest schedule in NCAA power conference history?

After Duke, UL and Florida State who should we be scared of in the ACC?

I think that LSU, Auburn and UK can compete with any of them. Plus Florida is improving.

Reactions: olsonab and rdgtr
After Duke, UL and Florida State who should we be scared of in the ACC?

I think that LSU, Auburn and UK can compete with any of them. Plus Florida is improving.

The poster you quoted said the top 3 of the ACC is better than the top 3 of the SEC (which is true by any metric). And your response was asking who is good in the ACC after the top 3?

o_O

The poster you quoted said the top 3 of the ACC is better than the top 3 of the SEC (which is true by any metric). And your response was asking who is good in the ACC after the top 3?

o_O

We know at least 1 of them isn't by the metric of losing to a top 3 SEC team... GE Nole always rides the coat tails of the ACC. You guys actually have a chance to do something this year. I've never seen so much parity in college basketball as there is this year. Nothing any team has done so far separates them from another 20 or so teams..

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
We know at least 1 of them isn't by the metric of losing to a top 3 SEC team... GE Nole always rides the coat tails of the ACC. You guys actually have a chance to do something this year. I've never seen so much parity in college basketball as there is this year. Nothing any team has done so far separates them from another 20 or so teams..

We are talking about the collective top 3. Who is even the 3rd best team in the SEC?

And I don’t ride anyone’s coattails. I’m enjoying FSU’s success the last decade. I wish we funded the program more than we do, but we don’t and likely never will. So I’m pretty excited to be a top 25 program the last 10 years, and probably top 15 program the last 3-4 years.

No coattails needed, champ.

We are talking about the collective top 3. Who is even the 3rd best team in the SEC?

And I don’t ride anyone’s coattails. I’m enjoying FSU’s success the last decade. I wish we funded the program more than we do, but we don’t and likely never will. So I’m pretty excited to be a top 25 program the last 10 years, and probably top 15 program the last 3-4 years.

No coattails needed, champ.

The top three teams in the SEC are LSU, Kentucky, Auburn, Florida and then there is Tennessee and Alabama. Even lowly Kentucky beat Louisville.

I am one of your coaches best fans. I love Hamilton because I consider him my friend. He has done wonders at FSU. He has Kentucky's coach Hall for giving him an opportunity and a good education in basketball.

Post Script:
My Kentucky Wildcats are the number one program in the sport for its history. Eyeroll We don't limit that claim to a set period; just the period that we have had college basketball.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
The top three teams in the SEC are LSU, Kentucky, Auburn, Florida and then there is Tennessee and Alabama. Even lowly Kentucky beat Louisville.

I am one of your coaches best fans. I love Hamilton because I consider him my friend. He has done wonders at FSU. He has Kentucky's coach Hall for giving him an opportunity and a good education in basketball.

Post Script:
My Kentucky Wildcats are the number one program in the sport for its history. Eyeroll We don't limit that claim to a set period; just the period that we have had college basketball.

Did you just name 6 teams for the “top 3” in the SEC?

FWIW, Bert is a huge Hamilton fan. The guy goes on and on about him every chance he gets.

Yeah we've talked about him over the years. I definitely know Bert loves Ham. And Ham has such a great respect for Joe B and his time in Lexington. He employs a lot of the same scouting techniques he learned from Joe B.

I’m just confused as to what Bert is trying to say in this thread. Every time someone mentions top 3 he answers with something that’s not 3.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yeah we've talked about him over the years. I definitely know Bert loves Ham. And Ham has such a great respect for Joe B and his time in Lexington. He employs a lot of the same scouting techniques he learned from Joe B.

I’m just confused as to what Bert is trying to say in this thread. Every time someone mentions top 3 he answers with something that’s not 3.
I just took it as he gave top 3 and expanded.

It’s UL. They’d find a way to lose to us. Even their fans agree with that at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT