ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn

Obviously a contender. Maybe not the clear cut top team in the nation the experts had them a week ago but easily amongst the best. Fortunately for them and a lot of other teams there’s no true road games in the tourney.

Reactions: olsonab and rdgtr
Obviously a contender. Maybe not the clear cut top team in the nation the experts had them a week ago but easily amongst the best. Fortunately for them and a lot of other teams there’s no true road games in the tourney.

The so called experts were you and your homies. Get blasted by 20+ and you clowns are no where to be found.

Had you won those 2 games you fools would be all over this board, you lose and all of a sudden you’re no where to be found. Why is that? Laughing
Thanks for your question. I like talking about when we win better I suppose. Also, when an elite program like Auburn loses there seems to already be plenty of discussion about it.

Reactions: olsonab
Well, let’s see....

Easiest schedule in NCAA power conference history....two blowout losses to unranked teams....

I think we all know the answer to this question.

And I thought we had issues scoring. 47 points...oof

Credit Florida's defense who give up only 65.6 ppg overall.

In 14/17 games, Florida has held opponents to an average of 60.3 ppg:
Ten opponents scored 63 points or less (i.e, FSU, UConn, Miami, Providence, Ole Miss., Auburn)

There were only three games where opponents scored more than 70+ points (Butler, Alabama & Missouri).

Auburn is good enough to make the SW16 or better and are also an SEC contender, obviously!

Well, let’s see....

Easiest schedule in NCAA power conference history....two blowout losses to unranked teams....

I think we all know the answer to this question.

Florida (12-5, 4-1) was pre-season #6 and will next play conference unbeaten LSU (13-4, 5-0) for first place in the SEC. After that, the Gators take on Baylor in the B12-SEC Challenge.

As for Auburn's schedule, six of Auburn's non-conference opponents (mostly top mid-majors) that they have beaten have won 13 or more games.

You haven’t done anything since your program stated playing hoops. 0 titles, 1 FF doesn’t make you elite.
Yeah you keep saying that but everyone else realizes you don’t know what you’re talking about. Probably jealous of Auburn’s success and lashing out over UNCs lost season. It’s ok we forgive you.

Yeah you keep saying that but everyone else realizes you don’t know what you’re talking about. Probably jealous of Auburn’s success and lashing out over UNCs lost season. It’s ok we forgive you.

No one on here is jealous of you guys, and you are no where near elite. Stop trolling

Reactions: AWilli6995

1 bad season with 6 titles, I’ll take that and most would. You clowns had many many bad seasons till last year and have what? You want recognition but you gotta earn it, you can’t demand it. You want us to look at you but instead we’re laughing.

Florida (12-5, 4-1) was pre-season #6 and will next play conference unbeaten LSU (13-4, 5-0) for first place in the SEC. After that, the Gators take on Baylor in the B12-SEC Challenge.

As for Auburn's schedule, six of Auburn's non-conference opponents (mostly top mid-majors) that they have beaten have won 13 or more games.

Raw win and loss numbers mean less when we have advanced statistics to help us. Auburn’s strength of schedule looked fairly weak to me. Where did it rank using an actual model?

That’s not to say that it’s not a good win for you guys. Auburn looks like they have a pretty good team and it’s always nice to blow the doors off of a ranked conference opponent.

FL has a lot of good pieces. Maybe they’re starting to put it all together. Time will tell.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Raw win and loss numbers mean less when we have advanced statistics to help us. Auburn’s strength of schedule looked fairly weak to me. Where did it rank using an actual model?

That’s not to say that it’s not a good win for you guys. Auburn looks like they have a pretty good team and it’s always nice to blow the doors off of a ranked conference opponent.

FL has a lot of good pieces. Maybe they’re starting to put it all together. Time will tell.

RPI currently ranks Auburn's SOS as 35. It's a top 50 schedule.
Florida's is currently 28 and will probably go up higher very soon after their next two opponents.

Florida's is currently 28 and will probably go up higher very soon after their next two opponents.

35th isn’t too bad, but RPI is probably the worst measure of all of models to use. I believe the selection committee has moved away from it because if all of it’s flaws. Other models seem to be a bit harsher on their SOS.

35th isn’t too bad, but RPI is probably the worst measure of all of models to use. I believe the selection committee has moved away from it because if all of it’s flaws. Other models seem to be a bit harsher on their SOS.

Think they’re around 70 on kenpom.

Plus, that ranking is for the entire slate, right? Their second half schedule is far tougher than the first half.

Auburn’s SOS is actually ranked 26th in the NET. Rock solid obviously but unfortunately a large portion of this board doesn’t want to deal in facts.

Auburn will get chewed up and spit out every time they play a team that has decent guards. They're not going to make the sweet 16 and a possibility the won't make the dance. That cupcake schedule will come back to bite you. Pearl just padding his stats with that schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT