ADVERTISEMENT

At what point does Kentucky move into...

the bad loss category for North Carolina?
The sad thing is UK actually played serviceably on D that game. UNC was only 8/24 on 3s. UK did a decent job of staying in front of their man as well.

Plus, UK killed UNC on the glass that game.

If only UK could play that way defensively every game...all we are asking for is to be average on D. UKs offense is elite this year.

Reactions: cdbearde
has there ever been a freshman who made his debut halfway through the season, played 10 minutes and completely dominated and then was never seen or heard from again? And none of it is injury related.

WTF is up with that???

has there ever been a freshman who made his debut halfway through the season, played 10 minutes and completely dominated and then was never seen or heard from again? And none of it is injury related.

WTF is up with that???
Z actually was ruled out before the Tennessee game along with DJ Wagner. Was sick. Cal said they would only use him in the event of an emergency (whatever that means lol). So UK fans knew going into that game he wasn't going to be playing.

Hopefully he gets incorporated exponentially more. He is so skilled offensively. The past three games he has played since his debut, he was bullied and out of place defensively. So Cal has opted not to play him much.

The problem with that logic is the whole team sucks defensively. Z would at least give UK more firepower then an Aaron Bradshaw does.

Z actually was ruled out before the Tennessee game along with DJ Wagner. Was sick. Cal said they would only use him in the event of an emergency (whatever that means lol). So UK fans knew going into that game he wasn't going to be playing.

Hopefully he gets incorporated exponentially more. He is so skilled offensively. The past three games he has played since his debut, he was bullied and out of place defensively. So Cal has opted not to play him much.

The problem with that logic is the whole team sucks defensively. Z would at least give UK more firepower then an Aaron Bradshaw does.
he played in a couple games after his debut and did absolutely nothing and now he's back to getting DNP-CDs every game.

Also being sick yet still sitting on the bench means he must have AIDS since that's the only illness I can think of that you can't catch by sitting next to someone on a bench. Unless that person is @lurkeraspect84 since he's like one AIDS monkey away from being AIDS patient 0.

he played in a couple games after his debut and did absolutely nothing and now he's back to getting DNP-CDs every game.

Also being sick yet still sitting on the bench means he must have AIDS since that's the only illness I can think of that you can't catch by sitting next to someone on a bench. Unless that person is @lurkeraspect84 since he's like one AIDS monkey away from being AIDS patient 0.
Don't post the joke, don't post the joke.

WTF is up with that???
I don't recall someone having trouble adjusting to food/climate as much as him. Some say he's a bit soft on the court, but it appears it goes beyond that. Food issues were the initial cause of his first game out. Not sure about the latest one other than he and Dillingham had the shits.

WTF is up with that???
If he had Justin Edwards' pre season hype, he'd be starting every game. I'm not kidding.

In my mind, Z looks to have more upside than Edwards, but until soneone from the NBA tells Cal, Z will continue to sit and Edwards will continue to start and get every chance possible to prove he's getting better.

The sad thing is UK actually played serviceably on D that game. UNC was only 8/24 on 3s. UK did a decent job of staying in front of their man as well.

Plus, UK killed UNC on the glass that game.

If only UK could play that way defensively every game...all we are asking for is to be average on D. UKs offense is elite this year.

Yeah, that was one of the last games before UNC really improved on D and the boards. UK just smashed them on the boards that game.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Yeah, that was one of the last games before UNC really improved on D and the boards. UK just smashed them on the boards that game.
I think we have to consider the competition the Heels have played since the UConn and UK games though.
While NC has gotten better, their competition has not been as good from what I can tell.

I think we have to consider the competition the Heels have played since the UConn and UK games though.
While NC has gotten better, their competition has not been as good from what I can tell.

It hasn't been awesome but it's been a lot better than people will admit. This idea that the ACC is some bottom tier conference is a bunch of media driven nonsense. Conferences like the Big 12 just get credit for having crappy OOC schedules and beating up on bad teams.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying UK isn't a better team than UNC. They may still be a better team just struggling. But the whole ACC sucks thing is stupid.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Even Gonzaga is gonna take a run at Kentucky’s gaping vagina this weekend.
4ZK6.gif

It hasn't been awesome but it's been a lot better than people will admit. This idea that the ACC is some bottom tier conference is a bunch of media driven nonsense. Conferences like the Big 12 just get credit for having crappy OOC schedules and beating up on bad teams.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying UK isn't a better team than UNC. They may still be a better team just struggling. But the whole ACC sucks thing is stupid.
I can't disagree with the media too much, the ACC looks like a shell of what it once was. No, it's not awful, but you have unc and duke and there really isn’t anything beyond those 2.

North Carolina is miles better than UK right now, the teams have gone in opposite directions since they played. whatever Cal is doing with the defense in practice, has severely damaged them.

I can't disagree with the media too much, the ACC looks like a shell of what it once was. No, it's not awful, but you have unc and duke and there really isn’t anything beyond those 2.

North Carolina is miles better than UK right now, the teams have gone in opposite directions since they played. whatever Cal is doing with the defense in practice, has severely damaged them.

Roy, K, Boeheim and Pitino are gone but the ACC was great before expansion because of the coaching. It's definitely not like what it was and the landscape has changed tremendously.

UNC, duke, NC State and Maryland have won titles. Maryland leaves and UL and Syracuse come and the conference was strong but not as good as it was back in the day.

Bennett is the best coach in the ACC and I thought Coach L from Miami was a close second but Miami is scoring like a Big 10 team 5 years ago. The SEC has some good coaches along with the Big 12 and that's why those conferences as a whole are doing well.

Reactions: kyjeff1

ACC was 9-3 against the Big 12. UVA beat Florida and Texas A&M and is considered a bubble team. Miami smoked Kansas State who just beat Kansas and UVA beat them last night. So people won't give UVA any credit for smashing them but the Big 12 is just tough since KSU is just so good. Just never know in that league. It's just silly. So at worst you have three teams with UVA. Clemson, who I don't think is that good and is the 11th team in the ACC, did beat Alabama and South Carolina, the top two teams in the SEC. So if the OOC schedules don't matter, which they don't seem to, what's the point?

The ACC is not at the level of the SEC or Big 12 but this idea that it is just garbage just isn't supported by anything other than metrics who support teams scheduling like garbage and hammering bad teams to fool the computers. Then once conference season starts it's too late to change anything.

ACC was 9-3 against the Big 12. UVA beat Florida and Texas A&M and is considered a bubble team. Miami smoked Kansas State who just beat Kansas and UVA beat them last night. So people won't give UVA any credit for smashing them but the Big 12 is just tough since KSU is just so good. Just never know in that league. It's just silly. So at worst you have three teams with UVA. Clemson, who I don't think is that good and is the 11th team in the ACC, did beat Alabama and South Carolina, the top two teams in the SEC. So if the OOC schedules don't matter, which they don't seem to, what's the point?

The ACC is not at the level of the SEC or Big 12 but this idea that it is just garbage just isn't supported by anything other than metrics who support teams scheduling like garbage and hammering bad teams to fool the computers. Then once conference season starts it's too late to change anything.
I think your problem is that you keep looking at early season results...teams are drastically different now then they were in Nov/early Dec. Those results mean nothing as to how a team is getting better or worse throughout the season.

Heck, UK beat UNC...does that mean UK is still better? Nope.

Alabama and SC would boat race Clemson right now. Clemson looks awful, and Bama and SC are light years better then they were at beginning of the year.

Who cares that Miami beat KST? Is that supposed to be some huge feather in the cap for the ACC? KST is the definition of average.

The ACC is garbage dude. UNC and Duke are beating up on really bad teams. It is what it is.

And BTW, UK is 3-0 against the ACC this year...what does that tell you?

I think your problem is that you keep looking at early season results...teams are drastically different now then they were in Nov/early Dec. Those results mean nothing as to how a team is getting better or worse throughout the season.

Heck, UK beat UNC...does that mean UK is still better? Nope.

Alabama and SC would boat race Clemson right now. Clemson looks awful, and Bama and SC are light years better then they were at beginning of the year.

Who cares that Miami beat KST? Is that supposed to be some huge feather in the cap for the ACC? KST is the definition of average.

The ACC is garbage dude. UNC and Duke are beating up on really bad teams. It is what it is.

And BTW, UK is 3-0 against the ACC this year...what does that tell you?
and Duke and UNC both suck as well. Big fish in a little pond. Neither team is going anywhere in March.

Early season results. The teams you listed are not playing as well rigjt now. The ACC would not go 9-3 against the BIG12 if they played right now, no way. I just don't see it.

If Clemson played Bama right now, they would get wrecked by 30.

If uva tried to play South Carolina right now, the outcome would be totally different. The game would finish in the 40's, but usc is far better now than they were in November, uva isn’t.

We really can't brag about Miami, they are awful.

Florida state just lost to Louisville and let that awful team score over 100 on them.

On that note, the November version of UK, would smoke the February version of UK.

Bottom line is, most of the ACC has not improved much throughout the season, whereas the other league teams have.

Early season results. The teams you listed are not playing as well rigjt now. The ACC would not go 9-3 against the BIG12 if they played right now, no way. I just don't see it.

If Clemson played Bama right now, they would get wrecked by 30.

If uva tried to play South Carolina right now, the outcome would be totally different. The game would finish in the 40's, but usc is far better now than they were in November, uva isn’t.

We really can't brag about Miami, they are awful.

Florida state just lost to Louisville and let that awful team score over 100 on them.

On that note, the November version of UK, would smoke the February version of UK.

Bottom line is, most of the ACC has not improved much throughout the season, whereas the other league teams have.

But all of the NOW, every bit of it, is simply based on ACC teams playing other ACC teams. You have no idea if they have or haven't improved much because they are only playing other ACC teams. You have no idea if other teams have improved or if they are just looking better because of the teams they play in their conference since they ONLY play teams in their conference. That is the point. I don't even disagree some of those ACC teams are as good as they were but how does anyone really know? Because of how they look against who? You know, against ACC teams. Maybe those teams have just gotten a lot better.

Once conference season starts if you have made up your mind, or if the metrics have, then the season is basically over and the results don't matter much. Big 12 can be awful and just beat up on each other. Win or lose the computers still think they are good.

It's just absurd that every other conference can take a lose and the narrative is that it's just tough to win against those teams or on the road and when it happens to an ACC team the narrative is 'yikes, you lost to that team?'.

and Duke and UNC both suck as well. Big fish in a little pond. Neither team is going anywhere in March.

Sure, maybe, but we hear that every year and most every year the ACC outperforms everyone else.

But all of the NOW, every bit of it, is simply based on ACC teams playing other ACC teams. You have no idea if they have or haven't improved much because they are only playing other ACC teams. You have no idea if other teams have improved or if they are just looking better because of the teams they play in their conference since they ONLY play teams in their conference. That is the point. I don't even disagree some of those ACC teams are as good as they were but how does anyone really know? Because of how they look against who? You know, against ACC teams. Maybe those teams have just gotten a lot better.

Once conference season starts if you have made up your mind, or if the metrics have, then the season is basically over and the results don't matter much. Big 12 can be awful and just beat up on each other. Win or lose the computers still think they are good.

It's just absurd that every other conference can take a lose and the narrative is that it's just tough to win against those teams or on the road and when it happens to an ACC team the narrative is 'yikes, you lost to that team?'.
Well, you sound just like me all those years when I was trying to defend the SEC. Conference play is a war in every conference and it's amazing how that happens.

Also, just because a team loses to another team.in the NCAAT, doesn't indicate one conference was better than the other. Play the game 10 times and you'll get 10 different results.

The ACC is probably better than I think it is and worse than you think it is.

ADVERTISEMENT