ADVERTISEMENT

As rosters stand now, how are we feeling, gents?

Haha this UTSA fan was feeling pretty good about two recent transfer additions, and this basketball guru just wrecked his dreams for the upcoming season. Picked them to finish DFL.

Edit: Evidently not just a fan; he's also a team manager for UTSA's basketball team.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The only thing that matters to sensible fans is the present and the future. Nobody talks about Yale in CFB despite they have more national titles than anyone else. The same is true for CBB unless your a Dinosaur.

Yale doesn't prance around like y'all do saying they are all that. You shouldn't either. The SEC is not UK, rather UK is just a part of the SEC.
Using this ignorant ass logic, UT will never beat UK in CFB again.

I’m not sure Michigan has ever been better than Kentucky 4 straight seasons but it’s looking like we’ll that that happen.

I’m not sure Michigan has ever been better than Kentucky 4 straight seasons but it’s looking like we’ll that that happen.
I can remember Vanderbilt beating UK 4 straight times.

*Little known fact, the last time UM technically beat UK was in 1924.

**Also, to your point, 2019, UK made it to the E8. UM made it to S16. Not sure which criteria your using, just throwing it out there. I will give you last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: RipThru
I wouldn’t be so quick to proclaim a 19-12 team better than 25-6. Especially when the Big 10 has proven to not be quite the “gauntlet” you guys have preached.

Also not sure that a team with the same record and same seed (that lost earlier in tourney) was better.

I know, I know.....KENPOM!

I wouldn’t be so quick to proclaim a 19-12 team better than 25-6. Especially when the Big 10 has proven to not be quite the “gauntlet” you guys have preached.

Also not sure that a team with the same record and same seed (that lost earlier in tourney) was better.

I know, I know.....KENPOM!

Oh ok

I can remember Vanderbilt beating UK 4 straight times.

*Little known fact, the last time UM technically beat UK was in 1924.

**Also, to your point, 2019, UK made it to the E8. UM made it to S16. Not sure which criteria your using, just throwing it out there. I will give you last year.
We did lose to them in the final 4 in 1993 in OT. Mash and Brown were both out of the game. Mash was manhandling the fab 5 before fouling out. They had no answer for him.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I would love to sit here and say we will be better than Michigan next year. We could be, but I'm not going to argue about it at this point.

I have noticed Michigan fans have been talking about Kentucky quite a bit lately. Interesting.
They beat us in recruiting this year lol. We have all 3 of our recruits, and they are legit, named to the Jordan Brand Classic, UM has 3 named to it as well. We have 3 solid recruits and and the #1 Transfer class. I'm looking forward to our game with them.

On paper we have a pretty damned good team.

They beat us in recruiting this year lol. We have all 3 of our recruits, and they are legit, named to the Jordan Brand Classic, UM has 3 named to it as well. We have 3 solid recruits and and the #1 Transfer class. I'm looking forward to our game with them.

It really should be a good game. I'm looking forward to it.

Using this ignorant ass logic, UT will never beat UK in CFB again.
I'll bet it was a hard decision choosing Crazy as a call name when Stupid was still available, wasn't it?

Why don't you explain how that logic would lead to UK winning in CFB? You do need to consider that UK sucked last year and that UT sucking more was the difference.

1. Last year was an aberration
2. Say the same things about Duke, UNC, Kansas and see how fast you get skewered
3. The rest is gibberish
1 Giving last year a name (aberration) doesn't change the result. It was a disaster of historical porpotions.
2 Trying to find comfort in the misfortunes of others doesn't change the result and especially when all the others you mentioned out performed UK.
3 Avoiding engaging by calling something gibberish is akin to sticking your fingers in your ears and humming. You can't say UK was relevant when you define relevant as a FF or better. You guys are 7 years away from relevant by the same measuring stick you measure the Vols with. AS far as the future goes it is unknown, but the ghost of Rupp won't figure into much to the chagrin of Cat fans.

We return better players from a better team and bring in 3 McDonald’s All Americans to your 1.

1 Giving last year a name (aberration) doesn't change the result. It was a disaster of historical porpotions.
2 Trying to find comfort in the misfortunes of others doesn't change the result and especially when all the others you mentioned out performed UK.
3 Avoiding engaging by calling something gibberish is akin to sticking your fingers in your ears and humming. You can't say UK was relevant when you define relevant as a FF or better. You guys are 7 years away from relevant by the same measuring stick you measure the Vols with. AS far as the future goes it is unknown, but the ghost of Rupp won't figure into much to the chagrin of Cat fans.
You’re like a chihuahua barking at a German Shepherd.

You’re like a chihuahua barking at a German Shepherd.
Sad-Puppy-Is-Scared-After-Getting-His-First-Shot-At-The-Vet.jpg

I have already proven you wrong, so that's all I was out to do. We are still friends in my book.

Reactions: cdbearde
They are saying the filthy bammers are. I like what our team is shaping up to, so we will have to see.
As long as we win the "super bowl" who cares. (inside joke)
Della, looking forward to the HOF classic, will be a good early test for both squads.

Cool. We return three starters from an Elite 8 run, add in the #1 class in the country (by a wide margin) and bring in a top 20 transfer.
With our 3 recruits, we still are around 6. And we have the #1 Transfer class. We're loaded with shooters. Next year will be huge for UK as far as 5 stars.

Della, looking forward to the HOF classic, will be a good early test for both squads.
This is exciting! We are jazzed to be playing such storied programs as Villanova, Carolina, and Purdue. These type of tourneys make CBB special.

Reactions: Novachp
I love how most UK fans are like "yea, we will just wait and see at this point"

But one guy claims we will win the game and Baracus gets a chubby to talk smack about UK.
I guess you don't read many posts by JC, crazyq, CB3 (or whatever) or the guy I quoted.

I love how most UK fans are like "yea, we will just wait and see at this point"

But one guy claims we will win the game and Baracus gets a chubby to talk smack about UK.
Hell I've been following UK longer than you've been alive lol You're always pessimistic or down on the Cats. I never really understood that from fans. You love the fact that most fans are just in a wait and see mode... very strange.

I'm pumped about this team. I like how the staff is charged and that the team is going to start playing / practicing June 1st. This is going to be a solid UK team.

We've got 3 proven shooters, a brut down low with a great motor, solid point guards, 3 really good recruits and an awesome coaching staff. What's not to like lol

Hell if I didn't enjoy my team, I wouldn't follow them.. All you younger guys should read Lonnie Wheeler's Blue Yonder, the United States of Basketball. I was one of the lucky ones that collaborated with Lonnie (RIP) back in the 90's through USENET. It goes into how BBN got its start...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT