ADVERTISEMENT

As rosters stand now, how are we feeling, gents?

WojoRising

Jul 3, 2015
and @KisteK

Feeling quite good about Duke’s roster. Solid mix of new talent and returning/experienced pieces. I’m not saying it’s championship or bust, but I do think it’s a potentially contending team and I will jump off a bridge if Duke opts out of the tournament again.

We return a second team all American and two other starters on a team that reached the Elite 8.

We bring in the number 1 class in the country with three McDonald’s All-Americans

We landed one of the top PG transfers on the market

Feeling pretty good

I'm pumped we have a bunch of new blood on our team for next year---Self wasn't kidding when he hinted at an overhaul.

Purdue is returning all but one guy (who averaged 4 points) from a top 25 team (that was the 3rd youngest P6 team this season) and are adding 2 consensus top 60 recruits. One of the guys coming back was 1st team All Big Ten and will probably not be the best player on our team next year (we had a true freshman average 17 pts over the last 10 games that should take a big step).

I feel pretty damn good. Maybe not as good as some pundits who have us top 5 but I think we are likely top 12 to start the year and will have Matt Painter's most talented roster.

Reactions: KisteK
If we get TyTy and Hardy, I'll be pretty confident going into the year. We will have a good mix of experience and talent, which are the teams Cal does best with. I'm not sure but I think Minz and Brooks will be back, so assuming they stay.

I smell double digit wins (as in winning more than 9 games)!
miss_a_3pointer_with_these_basketball_fails_08.gif

If we get TyTy and Hardy, I'll be pretty confident going into the year. We will have a good mix of experience and talent, which are the teams Cal does best with. I'm not sure but I think Minz and Brooks will be back, so assuming they stay.
Not getting Hardy

Reactions: RichardMassive
For sure? I guess TyTy, Davion, and the two transfers will have to do for the back court.
Wheeler from UGA and TyTy announcing this weekend seems to be gaining traction.

Either way, it's still going to be a lot of new faces and other than being a much better shooting team (not hard), I honestly don't know what to expect.

Reactions: cdbearde
Wheeler from UGA and TyTy announcing this weekend seems to be gaining traction.

Either way, it's still going to be a lot of new faces and other than being a much better shooting team (not hard), I honestly don't know what to expect.
Sounds like both are pretty likely to commit this week. Not sure how I feel about Wheeler. As long as he doesn't shoot and stops turning it over 34 times a game I guess he'll be ok.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Feeling like we have a few holes haha. Hoping to add at least two more.

and @KisteK

Feeling quite good about Duke’s roster. Solid mix of new talent and returning/experienced pieces. I’m not saying it’s championship or bust, but I do think it’s a potentially contending team and I will jump off a bridge if Duke opts out of the tournament again.
@GhostOf301 @bignish any clue what this is about? Jones is known to put 'stuff" out there, but he has connections.

He deleted it.

Untitled.png

Purdue’s loaded. Should be in the running for a 1 seed. Good mix of young and older talent. Williams is a stud and Ivey will one of best guards in the league. Lots of really solid supporting players.

and @KisteK

At UGA I’m not even sure we have enough players for a starting 5 right now. Everyone left.

• Wow
Baldwin will be announcing within the next two hours. I'm expecting Milwaukee. Would be nice to have a big-time scoring threat and reliable shooter like PBJ. I think we still have enough pieces to make a serious run at the Final Four. My main concern is with our backcourt. Roach and Moore need to get better if we're going to be contenders.

I'm really hoping Oregon can land Guerrier and Young from the portal and then get Young a waiver to play this year. Oregon would have a nice collection of players.

Guards: Richardson, Harmon, Young

Wings: Soares, Williams, Guerrier

Baldwin will be announcing within the next two hours. I'm expecting Milwaukee. Would be nice to have a big-time scoring threat and reliable shooter like PBJ. I think we still have enough pieces to make a serious run at the Final Four. My main concern is with our backcourt. Roach and Moore need to get better if we're going to be contenders.
I feel like I’ve come to accept Moore for what he is, and feel pretty good about what he was doing to end the year. I’m excited to have a junior (even with 0 NCAAT experience) role player of his talent.

Agree about Roach. I’m excited for the potential he has, nervous about the rest. He’ll have a big hand in just how good Duke is.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I'm really hoping Oregon can land Guerrier and Young from the portal and then get Young a waiver to play this year. Oregon would have a nice collection of players.

Guards: Richardson, Harmon, Young

Wings: Soares, Williams, Guerrier

I can see Guerrier being a superb fit at Oregon for sure.

Reactions: duckboy33
ADVERTISEMENT