ADVERTISEMENT

As of Today, Rank Your Top 5 Teams Most Likely to Win the Tourney

They won 38 straight games. No team has ever done that before. I’m not sure what else there is to say
Yeah but there's some luck involved in that too, a few bounces here and there. I'm just saying they weren't just dominating SEC competition every night from what I remember.

Also, the SEC was weak that year I'm pretty sure.

Yeah but there's some luck involved in that too, a few bounces here and there. I'm just saying they weren't just dominating SEC competition every night from what I remember.

Also, the SEC was weak that year I'm pretty sure.
Sure.. but you are really nit picking here. They didn’t lose until late March. They were better than Duke and Wisconsin were. Two teams that lost multiple times, early and late. Duke is lucky they got Wisconsin

Reactions: BourbonBalz
BBN got too wrapped up in those impressive early season blowouts of Kansas and UCLA. UK was on the verge of losing a lot of SEC games that year but pulled out some close wins.

ND exposed some of those leaks too.
Didn't that same ND blow doors off of Duke in the ACCT that year?

I believe Duke crushed them in Cameron, but ND got Duke pretty good in the ACCT IIRC.

Last edited:
I"ll take Duke, Gonzaga and Tennessee over the field easily. UVA is a tier below and then UK/MSU/UM are in a tier below that.

There's virtually zero chance that 1 of those 6 teams aren't your national champs in April.
6 or 7? You have 7 teams listed.

Also, I don't get how UK is that far down from UT. UK has better upside due to more top end talent and when you look at efficiency numbers, UT ranks 40th on defense, UK is 8th.

Their offensive efficiency numbers are much closer (UT is 3rd, UK is 17th), but that defensive efficiency number for UT is a bit of a problem for a team that is considered top tier.

Do you realize that NV has not played a single quad one team this year?
I know what players Nevada has. They won’t win it all, but neither will anyone except probably Duke. Nevada is a stout team, I don’t care what quad they play against.

All pressure should be on Duke. If they don’t win, it will be a monumental failure. They have at least 3 future NBA starters and face a weak field.

They should mow through the tourney similar to Villanova last year.

Based on? Duke did beat the team that beat you twice and once on there home court.
Do you really think Wisconsin or Duke beats that UK team in a series? Duke fans should be happy they won the title. They avoided the best team in the tournament. It’s what fans hope for every year for their team.

Reactions: BourbonBalz
Do you really think Wisconsin or Duke beats that UK team in a series? Duke fans should be happy they won the title. They avoided the best team in the tournament. It’s what fans hope for every year for their team.

I don’t see why not.

Yes I completely do

Reactions: sgrooms
All pressure should be on Duke. If they don’t win, it will be a monumental failure. They have at least 3 future NBA starters and face a weak field.

They should mow through the tourney similar to Villanova last year.

It’s like you don’t know anything about college basketball.

A team not winning a national title isn’t a monumental failure. In college hoops a few unlucky bounces can change things completely.

It’s like you don’t know anything about college basketball.

A team not winning a national title isn’t a monumental failure. In college hoops a few unlucky bounces can change things completely.
Disagree, when you are this talented with 3 of the top 5 picks in the upcoming nda draft, and everyone thinks you should win, it is a failure. It is a lot of pressure, but from what I’ve seen, that team is ready for it.

Then we will just have to agree to disagree
I feel like you need a reminder.

6c9d98321a3a5626e235842f8953e4b5_crop_north.jpg

Wecan agree to disagee. I think he still has an impact...Just not as much when shots are falling. Seems he loses some mojo when he ain't hitting. DId that yesterday vs MSU for a bit, and when that happened, MSU got back in it. He then rebooted, and hit daggers that killed MSU.

Great player.
So, you’re saying a player has “more” impact when his shots are falling? Well, damn give that man a PhD and a Nobel Peace Prize! Nobody can get anything over on you, can they! LOL

I mean, its not meant to be personal towards the Vols. I included my Cats for a reason. Just call it like it is. Duke will have to have an off game for someone to beat them in March or April.
Bullshit! Past tournament history says otherwise over and over. This Dook team is nowhere as good as the 2009-2010 or 2015-2015 UK teams and neither won the title. Many, many other favorites have failed to win it. In fact, the favorite rarely wins it. It’s the exception when they do.

Bullshit! Past tournament history says otherwise over and over. This Dook team is nowhere as good as the 2009-2010 or 2015-2015 UK teams and neither won the title. Many, many other favorites have failed to win it. In fact, the favorite rarely wins it. It’s the exception when they do.
He didn't say anything about Duke not being beatable.

I know what players Nevada has. They won’t win it all, but neither will anyone except probably Duke. Nevada is a stout team, I don’t care what quad they play against.

How many times in recent history has Duke had absolutely loaded squads and didn’t make the FF? Answer is a decent amount.

They are awesome this year for sure.

How many times in recent history has Duke had absolutely loaded squads and didn’t make the FF? Answer is a decent amount.

They are awesome this year for sure.

To be fair, you could say that 2 of the past 3 years for MSU as well. When they lost to Cuse last season, and MTSU 2 years before that, State was a popular final four pick.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
This Duke team is clearly better than that 2009/10 UK team and is slightly better than that 2015 UK squad imo.

No one on either of those squads could stop Barrett or Zion. Tre Jones can at least keep John Wall in check and Harrisons would struggle vs Jones and Reddish guarding them.

To be fair, you could say that 2 of the past 3 years for MSU as well. When they lost to Cuse last season, and MTSU 2 years before that, State was a popular final four pick.

True, but I'd argue that those MSU teams were not as loaded as many Duke teams.

MSU last year had (3) total 5-stars on the team: JJJ, Miles Bridges, and Josh Langford. JJJ was #6 in the 2017 class (Izzo's highest rated recruit in over a decade, I believe), Bridges was #10 and Langford was #20 in the 2016 class.

This year's Duke team has (4) 5-star freshman alone, who were the #1, #3, #5, and #14 players in the 2018 class (per Rivals). Plus 5-star Bolden from the 2016 class, and Joey Baker who was #48 in the 2018 class.

None of this is to bash Duke, as it is extremely difficult to win it all. You need a great team, multiple future NBA players, great coaching, and some luck in your draw.

Its okay to say Duke is really good. It doesn't make you any less of a Kentucky fan or anything. I think this Duke team is definitely better than we were in 2010. 2015 Kentucky is the ultimate "best team doesn't win" argument, but this year Duke isn't as good as they were.

I love our team and think we have a great chance to cut some nets. But if we play Duke, both teams at their best, we ain't winning that game.

This Duke team is clearly better than that 2009/10 UK team and is slightly better than that 2015 UK squad imo.

No one on either of those squads could stop Barrett or Zion. Tre Jones can at least keep John Wall in check and Harrisons would struggle vs Jones and Reddish guarding them.
You, like most Dook fans, are delusional. Cousins, Wall, Bledsoe, Patterson, Miller, Orten, etc. would destroy this Dook team. The 2014-2015 would beat then even worse.

Its okay to say Duke is really good. It doesn't make you any less of a Kentucky fan or anything. I think this Duke team is definitely better than we were in 2010. 2015 Kentucky is the ultimate "best team doesn't win" argument, but this year Duke isn't as good as they were.

I love our team and think we have a great chance to cut some nets. But if we play Duke, both teams at their best, we ain't winning that game.
No one said that aren’t really good. You and a few others seem to think they’re one of the best teams ever. They aren’t. It’s that simple.

No one said that aren’t really good. You and a few others seem to think they’re one of the best teams ever. They aren’t. It’s that simple.
Please quote me where I said that. Or did I say "If Duke plays their A game, they aren't losing." Just try slowing down and reading for a second. Just because they are the best team this season doesn't make them an all time great. Stop whining.

Bolden sucks and Williamson would struggle big time in the paint against our size. He’d have trouble getting his shot against KAT, WCS, and Johnson. They were just too long. Many of those drives to the basket by Barrett would be swatted into the cheap seats as well.

Please quote me where I said that. Or did I say "If Duke plays their A game, they aren't losing." Just try slowing down and reading for a second. Just because they are the best team this season doesn't make them an all time great. Stop whining.
LOL. Take Dook’s balls out of your mouth. It’s very unbecoming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT