ADVERTISEMENT

As A CBB Fan; Who Would Be a Homerun Hire as Calipari’s Replacement?

looked like Cal has stopped coaching and relying on talent to win since 2014-2015 season as he always has several NBA top picks on his team every year.

I think they'll give him one more year before firing him if he didn't improve.

looked like Cal has stopped coaching and relying on talent to win since 2014-2015 season as he always has several NBA top picks on his team every year.

I think they'll give him one more year before firing him if he didn't improve.
What’s weird is I don’t know anyone that performs well under that kind of pressure, preannounced.

Reactions: LeroyOU12
What’s weird is I don’t know anyone that performs well under that kind of pressure, preannounced.
There's always pressure at UK regardless of who's the coach, but UK and Cal with all that NBA talent shouldn't be losing to much lesser teams in the first/second round multiple times. They have too much talent to not going to S16/E8 every year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Random UK Fan
There's always pressure at UK regardless of who's the coach, but UK and Cal with all that NBA talent shouldn't be losing to much lesser teams in the first/second round multiple times. They have too much talent to not going to S16/E8 every year.
He needs more of a balance between his freshman and upperclassmen. Can't be stocking the whole rotation with freshman. They need to be more physical. They got pushed all over the court this year, which isn't shocking when you have a team full of 18-year-olds fresh out of high school playing against teams with well-seasoned 22/23-year-olds. Completely flipping basically the entire roster every year ain't the way either. You aren't going to get guys to play the way you need them to if they've only been playing together for a few months, especially freshman. You have to build that cohesiveness over multiple seasons. Problem is the program Cal has developed promotes 1-and-done, and the guys that aren't good enough to go pro after a year just end up transferring anyway because they fear getting recruited over and don't want to wait until they are juniors and seniors to get playing time. Losing Reeves and Mitchell means they are going to be even younger next year than they were this year, so Cal better be hitting the portal hard to fill spots with older, more physical, more experienced players. That is what everyone else has done with the portal, build bigger, stronger, older, more mentally savvy teams through the portal. Getting older is the way to go now with free agency, not getting younger.

I wonder how much it will change with this up coming season being the last of the covid players will be gone.

Will we still see the end of 6-7 year players?

It would be great to going back to 5 year players tops with redshirts being they don't have to sit out a year anymore with transferring.

Without a redshirt there should only be 5 year players.

I wonder how much it will change with this up coming season being the last of the covid players will be gone.

Will we still see the end of 6-7 year players?

It would be great to going back to 5 year players tops with redshirts being they don't have to sit out a year anymore with transferring.

Without a redshirt there should only be 5 year players.
You mean you don’t wanna see 9th year guys like Vescovi and Bacot? 😁

Do you think they’ll ever decide that a 5th year of eligibility should be granted? I roomed with a track and field athlete and their course loads were usually less than the typical student to accommodate practice, events and travel. Many wouldn’t be able to graduate in 4 years without summer school.

I guess the new changes will be to quit saying to his freshman “You stay for me, you leave for your family.”?

Do you think they’ll ever decide that a 5th year of eligibility should be granted? I roomed with a track and field athlete and their course loads were usually less than the typical student to accommodate practice, events and travel. Many wouldn’t be able to graduate in 4 years without summer school.
No. That would be gay.

Obviously Hurley
IMG-9107.jpg

This is a question aimed primarily at fans of another program. It’s one of a few jobs that coaches make a jump for. Who would you think would be some good potential matches, even if it might mean possibly losing your coach?

Of course all of this is based on his job becoming vacant, which it hasn’t. . . at least not yet.
della

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Cal does not win close games. That tells you a lot about his coaching ability. He'll call a timeout and get the stupidest shot imaginable. Does he even know how to draw up a play? Looks to me like they play street ball. Here's the strategy. Drive to the basket and throw up an off balance shot in hopes of getting the foul. Everyone else just stand there and watch to see what happens.

Coach Few has gone to nine straight sweet 16's. Imagine what he could have done over the years with Cow's talent. I've never seen any other coach waste as much talent as Cal. UK should have higher standards than this. We put up with his player's first nonsense as long as he got to elite 8 standard with some regularity, but now we struggle big time to win one game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT