ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas vs Kentucky

Hate to throw shade at your boy, but i mentioned to a buddy that Brooks must have had money on Arky lol. Sad thing aboutbhis game is i thought he played very well until the last few mins. The missed oop(not certain that was his fault but looked like it), ill advised 3, and the push off(which every team does every single inbounds) were all absolute killers. 2 turnovers and a terrible shot down the stretch of a tight game.

I havent watched uk a helluva lot this year but the most impressive thing about oscar imo is how many times the defender goes up for a rebound, gets both hands on the ball, and oscar is still able to tip the ball away from them from behind. You dont see that alot and he did it a few times Saturday. Also the post moves in which he doesnt jump amuse me as well. One time an arky dude wanted a travel when they called a foul and i was thinking im not sure O took 2 step much less three, he caight the ball and went straight up and under. That was one physical ass game for real, for a bit it seemed every single rebound broke out into a scrum.

JD Notae is sick af. He looks like a certain rapper i just cant put a name to the face. Wondering why his name wasnt ever tossed around in npoy. But not like ive watched a ton of arky. One of the best games ive watched all year, and not jist saying that bc uk lost, it was just super entertaining.
Brooks sucks. He rarely makes winning plays. Most frustrating player to wear a UK uniform in a while. You forgot to mention that he got a rebound then had it stolen (while he was possessing it with both hands), and that led to a wide open 3 for Arkansas because all the rest of the UK players were running down the court on offense. That was one of the most critical plays of the game.

Hate to throw shade at your boy, but i mentioned to a buddy that Brooks must have had money on Arky lol. Sad thing aboutbhis game is i thought he played very well until the last few mins. The missed oop(not certain that was his fault but looked like it), ill advised 3, and the push off(which every team does every single inbounds) were all absolute killers. 2 turnovers and a terrible shot down the stretch of a tight game.

I havent watched uk a helluva lot this year but the most impressive thing about oscar imo is how many times the defender goes up for a rebound, gets both hands on the ball, and oscar is still able to tip the ball away from them from behind. You dont see that alot and he did it a few times Saturday. Also the post moves in which he doesnt jump amuse me as well. One time an arky dude wanted a travel when they called a foul and i was thinking im not sure O took 2 step much less three, he caight the ball and went straight up and under. That was one physical ass game for real, for a bit it seemed every single rebound broke out into a scrum.

JD Notae is sick af. He looks like a certain rapper i just cant put a name to the face. Wondering why his name wasnt ever tossed around in npoy. But not like ive watched a ton of arky. One of the best games ive watched all year, and not jist saying that bc uk lost, it was just super entertaining.
I just don’t think Brooks is very good. No handles, spotty jump shot, no motor, but ELITE athleticism. His dunk against Bama showed he’s on another level athletically…but I’d say he’s the 6th best player for Kentucky behind Mintz. If Arkansas is elite at one thing, it’s backcourt defense. I think that is why Kentucky’s guards struggled. Trying to not sound too homer, but I’d be surprised if there’s a better one in CBB. You beat Arkansas, IMO, by sagging off Notae and telling him to shoot. He may hit 3 3s…but he’ll shoot 15 because he thinks he’ll make all 15. That or what Auburn did in the second half, just go massive in the front court. Arkansas has one guy over 6’7” and Auburn had an insane amount of OR.

Arkansas got lucky with the scheduling, but I do think they belong in the same conversation as Tennessee…not Kentucky or Auburn (unless Green takes 15+ shots, then Arkansas is as good as Auburn on a neutral court…if Kessler and Smith get most of the shots…not close).

I just don’t think Brooks is very good. No handles, spotty jump shot, no motor, but ELITE athleticism. His dunk against Bama showed he’s on another level athletically…but I’d say he’s the 6th best player for Kentucky behind Mintz. If Arkansas is elite at one thing, it’s backcourt defense. I think that is why Kentucky’s guards struggled. Trying to not sound too homer, but I’d be surprised if there’s a better one in CBB. You beat Arkansas, IMO, by sagging off Notae and telling him to shoot. He may hit 3 3s…but he’ll shoot 15 because he thinks he’ll make all 15. That or what Auburn did in the second half, just go massive in the front court. Arkansas has one guy over 6’7” and Auburn had an insane amount of OR.

Arkansas got lucky with the scheduling, but I do think they belong in the same conversation as Tennessee…not Kentucky or Auburn (unless Green takes 15+ shots, then Arkansas is as good as Auburn on a neutral court…if Kessler and Smith get most of the shots…not close).
I really like the way Musselman coaches. Notae is on a different level lol. Alpha at its best. Your guys play hard on both ends of the court. Our guards showed some rust and we were definitely out of sync for some of the first half. Finally started getting it together but it wasn't enough. It was a great game. Your guys just wanted it more. If your guys continue to play with that intensity, you will do well in March.

Reactions: PorkshankRedemption
Whenever something bad happens in a UK game, in a critical moment, #12 is in the middle of it. The guy is simply maddening.
I actually thought Saturday was a perfect game for Ware and Collins. We sent two guys, almost the entire game, to box out Oscar. Those guys would have wrecked havoc on the boards against smaller 4s who, in general, don’t like to rebound. I put on our homeboard I thought our three 6’6” CFs would need 15+ rebounds to win…they had 11…but Kentucky only had 6 front court rebounds outside of Oscar. Was really surprised by that.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I actually thought Saturday was a perfect game for Ware and Collins. We sent two guys, almost the entire game, to box out Oscar. Those guys would have wrecked havoc on the boards against smaller 4s who, in general, don’t like to rebound. I put on our homeboard I thought our three 6’6” CFs would need 15+ rebounds to win…they had 11…but Kentucky only had 6 front court rebounds outside of Oscar. Was really surprised by that.
Yeah, Ware has barely been playing at all lately and Collins has played very sparingly all season. He's just too thin and weak to get consistent minutes at this point. Can't hold on to rebounds in traffic. He just gets muscled out of the way or gets the ball poked away if he does get hands on it. Ware is pretty limited offensively but is a good rebounder. Cal doesn't normally play either one at the 4 though, they typically sub in for Oscar if he's in foul trouble or needs a breather. The 4 spot is usually a rotation of Brooks and Toppin.

Reactions: PorkshankRedemption
If an ouch we talks about Williams being quicker than Oscar again I’m going to lose it. Oscar has eaten him alive to the tune of 30 and 18. I they we probably lose here but if it’s this close at there place we would definitely beat them anywhere else

Jaylin Williams was sick the entire game and throwing up at half time. We didn’t get to see him at his best but yeah, Oscar is a monster down low.

Jaylin Williams was sick the entire game and throwing up at half time. We didn’t get to see him at his best but yeah, Oscar is a monster down low.
Dude did look noticeably more winded than everyone else so that makes sense. Dude is a very nice player as well.

And yea i was being sarcastic about brooks i knew you werent a fan.

dude might turn into richards or pj washington next year tho who knows.

Reactions: cdbearde
ADVERTISEMENT