ADVERTISEMENT

Are you happy with your current coach?

Maybe there are not that many up-and-coming coaches out there.

I can't name one to replace Calipari.

Some could say Blue blood has lost its status. Not many coaches would leave where they're at.

If IU had the money, who would you go after?

I think maybe Arizona's coach. IU can pluck who they want.
*f'n hell IU with a great coach the resources and fan base....
IF IU had the $$$$? Money aint the problem my man. Not by a long shot. Koch family....Skjodt family....Cuban....

Money is there. Always has been.

My list? Dunno. Say Woody is canned within the next two years----My top target is probably Pearl. Although he would be 65 at the time. Maybe you push for Nate Oats, Mussleman….Lloyd at Arizona.

I wouldn't even mind maybe a push at-----Shaka? I know some IU folk talk about Dusty May(FAU)---Meh. I mean he's done a terrific job at there. I mean that program was a steaming pile of shit. But minus laast years 35-4 run, he was a meh, 66-55 overall.

I'm on the Chris Beard train. He's got Ole Miss undefeated for Pete's sake. The dude can flat out coach.

Reactions: englandnu
IF IU had the $$$$? Money aint the problem my man. Not by a long shot. Koch family....Skjodt family....Cuban....

Money is there. Always has been.

My list? Dunno. Say Woody is canned within the next two years----My top target is probably Pearl. Although he would be 65 at the time. Maybe you push for Nate Oats, Mussleman….Lloyd at Arizona.

I wouldn't even mind maybe a push at-----Shaka? I know some IU folk talk about Dusty May(FAU)---Meh. I mean he's done a terrific job at there. I mean that program was a steaming pile of shit. But minus laast years 35-4 run, he was a meh, 66-55 overall.
I feel certain Dusty May will be the Vols new coach after Barnes retires. Our AD's brother is the AD at FAU, I feel like that will give him an edge up

What’s your honest take on Beard? I think he and Adams were a great team, but by himself I think he’s pretty average.
I thought Beard was a great salesman and team builder. He obviously took us to heights never before seen for us. He was good at getting the most out of less talented players, but after the FF run he started turning the roster over too much and was way too hard on players. Just look at how many players are starting for other teams across the country (part of this is on Adams also) Not sure if the pressure got to him, but he was a different guy after that. Even at his best though, his biggest weakness was his ability to coach at the end of the game. Just a terrible play caller in clutch moments and it cost us the Title. If he ever fixes that, he may someday be closer to a Self's level.

Adams was great at the XOs on Defense. But, after their success it seemed coaches, especially Self, figured out how to attack it. Adams had one of the biggest downfalls in CBB history imo, but luckily most of the facts of his departure were overlooked because of the more media driven "racial" issue which honestly was just the means our Big Money Donors used to oust him. The behind the scenes issues were much more juicy and between him and Beard, espn could make one hell of a 30 for 30.

I will say, I already like what I see from McCasland. Unlike his predecessors, he can coach that last 1:00 of the game. He just needs time to build his team. We have talent this year but I don't think we have enough depth to compete especially in the front court. We have already lost one of our best players for the season due to injury. If we make the tourney it will be a very successful year.

Last edited:
Reactions: ExitFlagger
Yes. Illinois has won more games in the last four years than anyone in the B1G. Regular season champs. B1G tourney champs. All Americans.

No. I wish they would quit losing the first weekend of the NCAAs.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I’m happy with Bill Self. Not many coaches out there right now that I would want to replace him when he hangs it up

I'm on the Chris Beard train. He's got Ole Miss undefeated for Pete's sake. The dude can flat out coach.

Agree completely. Everyone knows how I feel about Hubert so no need going there.

UNC needs to go away from the family only crap and expand the pool. You limit yourself so much when you will only hire your friends.

Beard would be the first call IMO but that won't ever happen at UNC.

Agree completely. Everyone knows how I feel about Hubert so no need going there.

UNC needs to go away from the family only crap and expand the pool. You limit yourself so much when you will only hire your friends.

Beard would be the first call IMO but that won't ever happen at UNC.
Gosh, could you imagine if you hired a Gillsipie? UNC would never deviate again.

ADVERTISEMENT