ADVERTISEMENT

Are Board/Card Games a Thing of the Past?

I get stoned and drunk and play games in this room all the time:

room%2Bwith%2Bshelf.JPG

room.JPG

fridge2.JPG

It's nice to get away from screens and all that, and games give dudes a good excuse to hang around and shoot the shit and listen to music. We can't just sit around and gab like girls do.
e26ccf5e0728acaabb9d4c264718469d.jpg

I get stoned and drunk and play games in this room all the time:

room%2Bwith%2Bshelf.JPG

room.JPG

fridge2.JPG

It's nice to get away from screens and all that, and games give dudes a good excuse to hang around and shoot the shit and listen to music. We can't just sit around and gab like girls do.
Seriously, jokes aside. Where do you hide the girls?

Digging the muzzle loaders on the wall as well as the cutlery. Are those epee's and foils among the kepis?

Hah! Thanks... yeah, I love those guns. The near wall is a Brown Bess from Pedersoli... it's a beaut... and also a Baker Rifle.

The swords are actually all originals; two from the American Civil War, and two from the American Revolution.

In the old well in the basement, duh. They put the lotion in the basket or they get the hose.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Remember, I'm married... I don't have to worry about that stuff anymore:)

Actually, a fair number of women are, for some strange reason, interested in the room. The ONLY possible explanation is that they like seeing a dude who has a hobby, and which is somewhat artistic? I am baffled. There are a few who just think guns are cool, too.

I was a huge fan of Risk, Scrabble, Spades, Rook, Dominoes, Chess, etc...

Does anyone here still play these games one on one in real life?

I'm not a gambler so I stay away from betting games. I love the game listed above...obviously.

We play risk and Monopoly at family gatherings

Obviously chess is cool. Monopoly is kind of cool.....Clue....what was the one with the art from the famous painters? I think most gamers now play electric buzzing football. Nothing more exciting than watching your running back spinning in circles. Passing is great in that game as well.

ADVERTISEMENT