ADVERTISEMENT

AP Poll (1-8-18)

Not sure where youre getting #175 from. I'm not really a start nerd but from what I see...

30th in offensive efficiency. Nova is 2nd.

8th defensive efficiency. Nova is 69th.

If you think a team like WVU needs to shot 15-22 from 3 to beat Nova, you're off your rocker.

eFG%: Nova 1, WVU 175

The #1 rule in sports betting is you do not bet on Kansas in March so I decline your offer.

My offer is still on the table though.

I mean if you give me fair odds Ill considerit but taking any team yo elite 8 at even odds is the definition of a sucker bet.

eFG%: Nova 1, WVU 175

That's just fg%

Offensive efficiency: Nova 2 WVU 30
Defensive efficiency Nova 69 WVU 9

Also, we're getting our second leading scorer from last season back from a suspension this week. He's also one of our best offensive rebounders.

Last edited:
Reactions: RipThru
That's just fg%

Offensive efficiency: Nova 2 WVU 30
Defensive efficiency Nova 69 WVU 9

Also, we're getting our second leading scorer from last season back from a suspension this week. He's also one of our best offensive rebounders.

Don't be bitter you now have to travel thousands of miles to play every single game. I think B12 is a good fit for a big-diploma mill like wvu.

Don't be bitter you now have to travel thousands of miles to play every single game. I think B12 is a good fit for a big-diploma mill like wvu.

Nova plays in a small time/small money conference full of left over mid major programs from the Midwest, and you're talking about the Big 12. Laughing

Very happy to see wvu raking in money in a power 5 conference, and competing in the best conference in college hoops.

Nova plays in a small time/small money conference full of left over mid major programs from the Midwest, and you're talking about the Big 12. Laughing

Very happy to see wvu raking in money in a power 5 conference, and competing in the best conference in college hoops.

yea that seems odd for a BigEast guy to rip on WVA for being in the B12. We're talking about a Big East that had to bring in Creighton and Butler from the midwest to remain relevant nationally.

1 Villanova (52) 14-1 1,611
2 West Virginia (12) 14-1 1,559
3 Virginia (1) 14-1 1,438
4 Michigan State 15-2 1,390
5 Purdue 15-2 1,225
5 Wichita State 13-2 1,225
7 Duke 13-2 1,222
8 Texas Tech 14-1 1,174
9 Oklahoma 12-2 1,152
10 Xavier 15-2 1,050
11 Arizona State 13-2 1,036
12 Kansas 12-3 888
13 Seton Hall 14-2 759
14 Cincinnati 14-2 739
15 Gonzaga 14-3 676
16 TCU 13-2 621
17 Arizona 12-4 537
18 Miami 13-2 502
19 Clemson 14-1 465
20 North Carolina 12-4 423
21 Kentucky 12-3 314
22 Auburn 14-1 243
23 Florida State 12-3 202
24 Tennessee 10-4 198
25 Creighton 13-3 160
^^^^^ absolutely none of these teams should be considered a prohibitive, or even likely, favorite to make the Final Four. While some may be better than others, every one has serious question marks. Until Sunday, I thought Michigan State might be an exception, but getting drubbed by Ohio State takes away any vestige of being considered formidable.

Three SEC teams in the Top 25. I bet not to many felt two of them would be Auburn and UT.

1 Villanova (52) 14-1 1,611
2 West Virginia (12) 14-1 1,559
3 Virginia (1) 14-1 1,438
4 Michigan State 15-2 1,390
5 Purdue 15-2 1,225
5 Wichita State 13-2 1,225
7 Duke 13-2 1,222
8 Texas Tech 14-1 1,174
9 Oklahoma 12-2 1,152
10 Xavier 15-2 1,050
11 Arizona State 13-2 1,036
12 Kansas 12-3 888
13 Seton Hall 14-2 759
14 Cincinnati 14-2 739
15 Gonzaga 14-3 676
16 TCU 13-2 621
17 Arizona 12-4 537
18 Miami 13-2 502
19 Clemson 14-1 465
20 North Carolina 12-4 423
21 Kentucky 12-3 314
22 Auburn 14-1 243
23 Florida State 12-3 202
24 Tennessee 10-4 198
25 Creighton 13-3 160

Congrats on the #2 ranking there doogie. The Mountaineers are playing some damn good basketball right now and deserve to be where they are.

Reactions: doogie503
Nova puts in the scrubs when games get out of hand. So many injuries that the second half usually leads to a closer game. I suspect Huggins will just start crying on the court again if he has to play Nova in the tournament. #Sad!!!

I miss those games on Nova's home floor.... well, the Sixers home floor. Because that ratty little high school/mid-major gym you play in isn't worthy of a big game.

Nova is gonna have to get past the round of 32 to see WVU, which has proven to be a major problem for you guys the last decade outside that one fluke run 2 years ago. Been past the 2nd round once since 2009.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big ol arms
Congrats on the #2 ranking there doogie. The Mountaineers are playing some damn good basketball right now and deserve to be where they are.

Highest ranking since Jerry West played.

Dont expect to be there long. 4 of our next 6 games against ranked teams. @TTU, vs KU, @TCU and vs UK.

It doesn't matter whether Nova or WVU is #1. Rankings change rapidly week to week & chances are there could be a top 10 team this week not even ranked in a few weeks. Nova is above WVU this week because they were ranked above them last week.

I miss those games on Nova's home floor.... well, the Sixers home floor. Because that ratty little high school/mid-major gym you play in isn't worthy of a big game.

Nova is gonna have to get past the round of 32 to see WVU, which has proven to be a major problem for you guys the last decade outside that one fluke run 2 years ago. Been past the 2nd round once since 2009.

Nova has won 50 in a row in that "ratty" gym (that is being rebuilt this season). And its humorous you're talking about tournament success regarding a program 2 years removed from a National Title. A run which you refer to as a "fluke" even tho they beat the lowest collection of seeds to win that title in NCAA history. A 3, a 2, a 1 and a 1. No higher seed was knocked off for them. Isnt that what constitutes a fluke? Win something before you talk about flukes.

The cold reality of playing on the road in the ACC
BC and NC State wont sniff the NCAA Tourney. Those are bad losses. Its the cold reality of having a team that plays zero defense and is about to revert to playing zone all season because the players just dont give a damn about college.

Reactions: jhmossy
Nova has won 50 in a row in that "ratty" gym (that is being rebuilt this season). And its humorous you're talking about tournament success regarding a program 2 years removed from a National Title. A run which you refer to as a "fluke" even tho they beat the lowest collection of seeds to win that title in NCAA history. A 3, a 2, a 1 and a 1. No higher seed was knocked off for them. Isnt that what constitutes a fluke? Win something before you talk about flukes.
I’ll bet you $100 that Villanova doesn’t make it to the Elite 8 this year.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
Wait, Villanova fans are really trashing West Virginia for being in the Big 12? HAHAHA

The extent to which Villanova benefited from conference realignment is staggering. Here are their finishes the last 3 years in the Old Big East:

2012-2013: 7th
2011-2012: 13th
2010-2011: 9th

You guys were a middling program that was getting thrown around in the Old Big East. Then realignment happens, all the power teams leave (and Georgetown begins to suck) and all of a sudden Villanova is good again.

At least Kentucky fans are mildly entertaining. I can't remember a single tolerable Nova fan on this board.

Just stating facts... Nova has been past the 2nd round only one time since 2009. Failed to make it out of the 1st weekend 7 out of the last 8 times. Many losses as the higher seed.

So yeah, I'd call that one run a fluke.

Last edited:
Reactions: FVTgoWV
Wait, Villanova fans are really trashing West Virginia for being in the Big 12? HAHAHA

The extent to which Villanova benefited from conference realignment is staggering. Here are their finishes the last 3 years in the Old Big East:

2012-2013: 7th
2011-2012: 13th
2010-2011: 9th

You guys were a middling program that was getting thrown around in the Old Big East. Then realignment happens, all the power teams leave (and Georgetown begins to suck) and all of a sudden Villanova is good again.

At least Kentucky fans are mildly entertaining. I can't remember a single tolerable Nova fan on this board.

They really are the worst.

Luckily there's only a couple of them.

BC and NC State wont sniff the NCAA Tourney. Those are bad losses. Its the cold reality of having a team that plays zero defense and is about to revert to playing zone all season because the players just dont give a damn about college.

Your team gives up 92 ppg in conference play against teams that won't sniff the tourney, and not even in the top 60 in def eff, but you make fun of Duke playing zero D.

Make sense...

Reactions: FVTgoWV
Was hoping OSU would make it into top 25, but not yet.
They're what 13-4 and just blasted the #1 team and can't get in, wtf.......and Gators are 1st place all alone in the SEC with wins over #14 and #15 but no dice. 11-4 with 3 losses to current ranked teams. It's ok, our fall from grace early on has made us tougher.

They're what 13-4 and just blasted the #1 team and can't get in, wtf.......and Gators are 1st place all alone in the SEC with wins over #14 and #15 but no dice. 11-4 with 3 losses to current ranked teams. It's ok, our fall from grace early on has made us tougher.

When is your center coming back?

I would love to agree with you. But BC and NC State are horrible. It's the cold reality of not playing a lick of defense.
Everyone is pretty bad, except when they have a chance to beat Duke (or UNC) on their home court. Then it seems like their shooting goes from 35% to 55%. Our inability to play effective defense just highlights it.

Of course, you could just say I'm a Duke homer trying to justify our rocky start in the conference ;)

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Your team gives up 92 ppg in conference play against teams that won't sniff the tourney, and not even in the top 60 in def eff, but you make fun of Duke playing zero D.

Make sense...

Nova has the capability of playing D when they need to. Duke doesn’t. It’s obvious you haven’t really watched either team play.

Just stating facts... Nova has been past the 2nd round only one time since 2009. Failed to make it out of the 1st weekend 7 out of the last 8 times. Many losses as the higher seed.

So yeah, I'd call that one run a fluke.

2009 seems pretty arbitrary. If we include 2009, Nova has 2 Final Fours and a Champ. WVU has 2 Sweet 16's & a Final Four

Nova has the capability of playing D when they need to. Duke doesn’t. It’s obvious you haven’t really watched either team play.

Bro, I've watched Villanova get torched by 3 average teams in each Big East game: 85, 101, 90. I hope JP Macura puts a 40 burger on you all tomorrow night and moons your student section.

Highest ranking since Jerry West played.

Dont expect to be there long. 4 of our next 6 games against ranked teams. @TTU, vs KU, @TCU and vs UK.
None of those teams should scare anyone. There really aren't any dominant teams this year.

ADVERTISEMENT