ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here play a musical instrument?

Bass, Drums. can play Willie on guitar. Suck at vocals.

Bass is convenient. Drums are my fav.

*elders from both sides played music. Grew up with more music than I could carry moving out.

I am the worst of all of them. Except my sister. She went into poetry/song writing.

Last edited:
200.gif

Bass, Drums. can play Willie on guitar. Suck at vocals.

Bass is convenient. Drums are my fav.

*elders from both sides played music. Grew up with more music than I could carry moving out.

I am the worst of all of them. Except my sister. She went into poetry/song writing.

Man. That song took me back, I haven’t heard that in a while. Classic. Nice, I think bass is severely underrated playing wise. Anytime I jam with a group of friends, I’d much rather play bass, even though guitar is my most fluid instrument. I played in a number of bands growing up and into my 20s and early 30s. I still jam with a couple buddies back in Louisville and in SF, but have yet to meet anyone here in Chicago to jam with. Come up sometime Lurk.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I can play keys too, but sold my synthesizer during Covid. I wanna get a legit 88 key piano though.

I have zero musical talent but memorized several piano themes from horror movies I like so I can play them now and then. I love music and wish I had a knack for it but I definitely do not.

I play a little guitar myself. I can play the best part of some of the best songs out there. The rest of the song not so much. If you’re wanting to get a band together we’ll need another guitar player to carry the ball to the 1 yard line then tag for me to come in and play the coolest part. They do the grunt work, I get the glory.

Played bass from 12 until 24. Played a lot of gigs, recorded some. Jammed with J. R. Cobb, Walter Eaton on a Riverboat on the Ohio. They were playing with Dennis Yost as the Classics IV at the time, 3 months later they formed the Atlanta Rhythm Section. Friends with Kebo Cyrus, Billy Ray's guitar playing brother.

I still jam on the bass, play with musician friends from time to time. The lead guitar player in the video are good friends and jam alot, acoutistical and electric.

I have a buddy who is a great guitar player. Huge asshole though so. Anyway, we were at an open mic deal on night and he was playing some cool old stuff but the crowd was young and so didn't care. They probably wanted to hear some new crappy alternative something or other. So he got pissed and pulled out his classical guitar and played some Bach piece and then Flight of the Bumblebee, stood up, flipped them all off, said 'F You' and stormed out.

isn't there a program on torrents where you can just plug your guitar/cord to the pc and play songs like rockband but for real. Name escapes me.

There's a lot of cheap QUEIT options out there for those who want to play the drums.

Pignose amps are great for bass or guitars. Cheap.

Reactions: UL_1986
isn't there a program on torrents where you can just plug your guitar/cord to the pc and play songs like rockband but for real. Name escapes me.
I jam with youtube. I use chordify sometimes for getting a song down. Especially if there are some difficult changes. You can mark and loop sections. Plus it will figure out the chords for videos or mp3's.

Reactions: UL_1986
I have a buddy who is a great guitar player. Huge asshole though so. Anyway, we were at an open mic deal on night and he was playing some cool old stuff but the crowd was young and so didn't care. They probably wanted to hear some new crappy alternative something or other. So he got pissed and pulled out his classical guitar and played some Bach piece and then Flight of the Bumblebee, stood up, flipped them all off, said 'F You' and stormed out.
That’s amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT