ADVERTISEMENT

Another quick stat about the MSU game.

Because you guys keep trolling along as if those dogshit predictions never happened.
I remember in like January I posted about how I liked the 2016 MSU waaaay better and a bunch of MSU fans shot me down for that comment. Now they're saying that team was better? Ahhh...ok...

I remember in like January I posted about how I liked the 2016 MSU waaaay better and a bunch of MSU fans shot me down for that comment. Now they're saying that team was better? Ahhh...ok...

It was a full season of that b/s. I remember saying I would take the field over Bridges for BTPOY because the preseason favorite doesn't win often. That was also shot down.

68947_h.jpg

2016 and 2014 were better. This team had talent but wasn’t ever that great. In 2015 Izzo rode Trice and Valentine to the FF. Two guards that were playing at an elite level. NCAAt is always about guard play.

Correct—Izzo mid managed minutes all year and did a bad coaching job overall even though we won the B1G. Carter played 46 minutes total in league play but played 23 minutes against Cuse. More than Ward and JJ. And he played Carter in crunch time with his studs on the bench. It’s baffling.

There’s a reason Izzo had a stud PG that could attack the rim both times he made the champ game in Cleaves and Lucas. Winston, Tum and Loyer being the only point guards recruit d last 5 years simply is t championship worthy even with a great front court.

Here you go, @B-Westy

Still doesn’t change the fact that MSU lacks a major contributing upperclassmen. Which is usually a staple in a great Tom Izzo team.

I said a couple days ago, give me 2015-2016 MSU over this team any day.

No way. This team is young yes, but I have seen enough to know that we are much better defensively, but idk what has happened in these past 2. Not to mention, this teams ceiling is much much higher

Yeah but I'm saying I liked the makeup of that team way better due to their veteran leadership and experience.

Of course this MSU team has a higher ceiling with talent like Bridges & Jackson. But there's some intangibles you have to appreciate from the seniors of that 2015-2016 team.

It's still early and even that team had a down cycle due to Valentine missing some games, but there's some toughness missing from this team imo.

I'm very bullish and experience and older players in college. Why I thought Purdue would be really good this year.

Agreed. First player ever to average 19 7 7. But this group as a whole is better. No one is arguing Denzel is worse than anyone on our team.

The 15-16 team lost three in a row with Denzel there. And 2 were at home (Nebraska and Iowa) and 1 at Wisconsin. I never expected 18-0 or 17-1, that’s ridiculous in the Big Ten. But I think we could be about 15-3 or 14-4, which is better than 15-16. Plus, we have to win 1 tournament game to do better than 15-16. This years team is a lot better on defense, rebounding, assists, depth, transition offense, and post offense. That team was better at shooting, less turnovers, and being poised. I’d take this years team imo. ( Denzel was slightly better than cash rn, but this team as a whole is a lot better at assists)

Denzel was better than any player on this current MSU team, not even debatable. He was NPOY candidate.

Forbes was a better spot up shooter than probably anyone on this team (though Langford and Cash have been shooting incredibly well from 3), but that's all he could do.

Everyone else on this current team is as good or better than the 15-16 team imo. Costello was good, but Ward is better. Bridges better than anyone not named Denzel. JJJ better defender than anyone.

Reactions: B-Westy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT