ADVERTISEMENT

Another quick stat about the MSU game.

MGC_07

Jun 29, 2016
Jaren Jackson Jr., 15 minutes
Nick Ward, 16 minutes

Neither were in crazy foul trouble. This has got to be the worst decision Izzo has ever made in his career.

It’s insane. Chukwu and BS should’ve been fouled out before the second half started. How was Jackson not a HUGE factor today is beyond me.

The turnovers, the foul trouble, the attitude from Ward, Bridges being timid at times, Izzo being stubborn, etc. This season will haunt me for the rest of my life.

This season will haunt me for the rest of my life.

latest

This was Izzo’s best team in a long time unfortunately for MSU it was also his worst overall coaching job possibly ever. He’s taken teams with less talent to the final four

Reactions: MGC_07
This was Izzo’s best team in a long time unfortunately for MSU it was also his worst overall coaching job possibly ever. He’s taken teams with less talent to the final four
I think there is no doubt in that.

I’ve seen little to no improvement with this team I’ve the course of the season. Izzo needs to use WAAYYYY less of his bench. Just let the best players play.

The hype was valid though, that's why it makes it that much more frustrating. This team had all the pieces to be a dominant champion and continually failed miserably.
Why didn't he even try Bridges in the middle of the zone? I am no Sparty fan and hate Izzo's style and temper tantrums but even I was yelling at the TV, "WTF are they doing?" Ben Carter? Lol. Even before the ball would get to him, the Cuse players would be already starting to move towards the other MSU players. Did he attempt even one shot from the middle of that zone? Make two shots from there and MSU escapes. SMH.

In any event, Duke prob wins easily if they had played, but that was one of the worst losses and it was completely self-inflicted. I didn't like the team chemistry either. It seemed off the whole season.

Reactions: 77Pat

2016 was better. So not that long ago. People pay too much attention to potential and not what actually happens on the floor.

2016 and 2014 were better. This team had talent but wasn’t ever that great. In 2015 Izzo rode Trice and Valentine to the FF. Two guards that were playing at an elite level. NCAAt is always about guard play.

Correct—Izzo mid managed minutes all year and did a bad coaching job overall even though we won the B1G. Carter played 46 minutes total in league play but played 23 minutes against Cuse. More than Ward and JJ. And he played Carter in crunch time with his studs on the bench. It’s baffling.

There’s a reason Izzo had a stud PG that could attack the rim both times he made the champ game in Cleaves and Lucas. Winston, Tum and Loyer being the only point guards recruit d last 5 years simply is t championship worthy even with a great front court.

2016 and 2014 were better. This team had talent but wasn’t ever that great. In 2015 Izzo rode Trice and Valentine to the FF. Two guards that were playing at an elite level. NCAAt is always about guard play.

Correct—Izzo mid managed minutes all year and did a bad coaching job overall even though we won the B1G. Carter played 46 minutes total in league play but played 23 minutes against Cuse. More than Ward and JJ. And he played Carter in crunch time with his studs on the bench. It’s baffling.

There’s a reason Izzo had a stud PG that could attack the rim both times he made the champ game in Cleaves and Lucas. Winston, Tum and Loyer being the only point guards recruit d last 5 years simply is t championship worthy even with a great front court.

To be fair, it was MSU fans this past summer touting the “this is Izzo’s best team” stuff. It’s not just something MGOBLUE made up himself.

This is Izzos worst coaching job of his career. Sad all around.
Boeheim is no slouch but they don’t call it March Madness for nothing. Izzo should get a little more out of his team since they cheat. Not UNC cheat.

To be fair, it was MSU fans this past summer touting the “this is Izzo’s best team” stuff. It’s not just something MGOBLUE made up himself.

Well yeah, going into the season just looking at talent and potential it should have been Izzo's best team. Clearly they were not though. Quoting legit predictions from the preseason and continually holding it against people is a hardo move if you ask me.

No MSU fan has called this Izzo's best team in months, probably going back to pre-January. You're the one who keeps bringing it up and digging up old posts from the fall.

Well yeah, going into the season just looking at talent and potential it should have been Izzo's best team. Clearly they were not though. Quoting legit predictions from the preseason and continually holding it against people is a hardo move if you ask me.

No MSU fan has called this Izzo's best team in months, probably going back to pre-January. You're the one who keeps bringing it up and digging up old posts from the fall.

Because you guys keep trolling along as if those dogshit predictions never happened.

Michigan is much better than you guys gave them/Beilein credit for and MSU shat the bed harder than you guys ever thought possible and you expect me to forget those predictions all happened?

lolwut

Because you guys keep trolling along as if those dogshit predictions never happened.
Why were they "dogshit predictions"? On paper this team looks like a monster. Two top 15 NBA picks. Good supporting cast. No one can blame a fan base for getting excited about this team in the early goings. I didn't manifest. Most reasonable MSU fans started to see the cracks in the armor well before March. .

Why were they "dogshit predictions"? On paper this team looks like a monster. Two top 15 NBA picks. Good supporting cast. No one can blame a fan base for getting excited about this team in the early goings. I didn't manifest. Most reasonable MSU fans started to see the cracks in the armor well before March. .

Multiple MSU fans here predicted Michigan would miss the tournament. Wet dog shit through and through.

Michigan is much better than you guys gave them/Beilein credit for and MSU shat the bed harder than you guys ever thought possible and you expect me to forget those predictions all happened?

lolwut

You're acting like it was obvious in the preseason that this MSU team was nothing special and MSU fans were dumb for thinking this team was something special. Pretty sure everyone thought we were legit pre-January. Not sure why you keep bringing this up over and over.

Laugh at MSU with the rest of the world for losing and shitting the bed, don't laugh at posters who understandably thought this team would be elite 6 months ago. Are you trying to say you knew all along this MSU team was average?

You're acting like it was obvious in the preseason that this MSU team was nothing special and MSU fans were dumb for thinking this team was something special. Pretty sure everyone thought we were legit pre-January. Not sure why you keep bringing this up over and over.

Laugh at MSU with the rest of the world for losing and shitting the bed, don't laugh at posters who understandably thought this team would be elite 6 months ago. Are you trying to say you knew all along this MSU team was average?

Not at all. I thought MSU would be good. I also thought Michigan would be good. I'm laughing at the losers that thought MSU would be an all-world team and Michigan would struggle (and even miss the tournament). If that wasn't you, then move along.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT