ADVERTISEMENT

After filling out 20 brackets I have come to the conclusion that

The Champ will only come from these 4 teams.

Alabama
Houston
Kansas
Texas

Honestly, yes. It is hard for me to imagine another team winning it all. Those would definitely be my top 4 contenders.

But at the same time, I'm also thinking none of those teams are juggernauts. What happens if 3 of those schools get knocked out before the Elite 8? Suddenly it becomes a very open tournament. Someone like a UConn, Purdue, Gonzaga, Marquette, Arizona, or Duke might have a shot. Secondary contenders, I suppose. I expect one of those 4 schools you mentioned to cut the nets. But, I also don't expect a chalky tournament like we saw in the first two rounds of the 2019 tournament.

Interesting. I did two brackets and picked UConn in one and Gonzaga in the other. I was torn between Gonzaga and Texas because of the Zags defensive efficiency but they've been much better lately and their offensive efficiency has been otherworldly.

This season has had some record setting chaos and I expect it to continue in the tourney. I have the Zags beating Creighton on one bracket and UConn beating Bama on the other.

and picked UConn in one and Gonzaga in the other. I was torn between Gonzaga and Texas because of the Zags defensive efficiency but they've been much better lately and their offensive efficiency has been otherworldly.

This season has had some record setting chaos and I expect it to continue in the tourney. I have the Zags beating Creighton on one bracket and UConn beating Bama on the other.

Creighton is a dangerous team. I've only done one bracket, and I had them in the Elite 8. I do think they'll have a big test in the opening round against NC State, though. The guards on NC State are very, very talented.

The Champ will only come from these 4 teams.

Alabama
Houston
Kansas
Texas
Just think Houston's offense fails them over the long haul. I can see them getting to the Elite Eight, maybe Final Four because they're defense is elite but not enough offense to win the whole thing. Think the pressure catches up to Alabama even though I think they're the best team. Tough to repeat, so I can't pick Kansas. So, Texas it is.

I don't trust any of the teams from the ACC. The overall body of work for that conference is terrible. If UCLA was at full strength I could see them making it to the final game. Like Gonzaga, Arizona, Marquette, and Baylor with outside chances.

Adjusted efficiency ranks over just the last 6 weeks:

1. Gonzaga
  2. Houston (potential injury issue)
  3. UConn
  4. Bama
  5. Texas
  6. UCLA (Injury issue)
  7. Arizona
  8. Texas A&M
  9. Memphis (Damnit)
  10. SDSU
  11. Kansas
  12. Marquette

Adjusted efficiency ranks over just the last 6 weeks:

1. Gonzaga
  2. Houston (potential injury issue)
  3. UConn
  4. Bama
  5. Texas
  6. UCLA (Injury issue)
  7. Arizona
  8. Texas A&M
  9. Memphis (Damnit)
  10. SDSU
  11. Kansas
  12. Marquette

I don't think it's pure coincidence that the teams at the top played the weakest schedules.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Show us that on paper, not in your mind. I can support you if correct.

SOS per Kenpom:
  1. Gonzaga 59
  2. Houston 88
  3. UConn 42
  4. Bama 9
  5. Texas 8
  6. UCLA 32
  7. Arizona 33
  8. Texas A&M 53
  9. Memphis 57
  10. SDSU 45
  11. Kansas 1
  12. Marquette 37

Bama's also not at the top of the list, so I'm not sure why you thought I was referring to them.
You said " Teams at the top" and Bama is in the top third of your list and the very top of the committee's list. You made an inference that was only partially correct and now you want to split hairs.

Texas is the team that I think could get hot and make a real run here.
They’ve been hot. Part of that is their guards started taking better shots and realizing they had quality big men on the team too. But they have been shooting the ball very well lately. Did they get hot at the right time or did they get hot too early? Can they keep it up for 3 weeks? You’d think eventually someone will cool off. But they’re talented enough to win it all regardless.

You said " Teams at the top" and Bama is in the top third of your list and the very top of the committee's list. You made an inference that was only partially correct and now you want to split hairs.
And he doubles down…..🤪

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
ADVERTISEMENT