ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament finally about to get started

Nah, you suck as a poster.

-Homo Buddy
Take the night off Skippy, go to bed. You are obviously upset over this loss. UNC beat Duke with no Zion, twice, Fools Gold
If you think your team is better than a healthy Duke team, you are plain ignorant. Go to bed, I didn't intend to ruin your night...

Take the night off Skippy, go to bed. You are obviously upset over this loss. UNC beat Duke with no Zion, twice, Fools Gold
If you think your team is better than a healthy Duke team, you are plain ignorant. Go to bed, I didn't intend to ruin your night...

I mean, I think they are better. UNC shot like 16% from three and still had two shots in the last minute go in and out to probably win the game. They also had a ball go through Luke's hands to Goldwire or they may have won. There are some ifs on Duke's end as well but I think it is pretty reasonable to think UNC is better. It is reasonable to think the opposite as well.

Your take? Not reasonable.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
UNC shot like 16% from three
Cory, you are a top notch poster, I respect you as a poster.
Now, I will always give other teams credit when due. I don't think you are in this case. The pace of play UNC plays does 2 things, one, it creates a advantage when they are hitting shots. The 2nd, is it hurts them when they face a lengthy athletic team like Duke and UK. Defense had a lot to do with how they shot. i would be surprised if Duke took more 3's, because it appeared they played within their game plan, whereas UNC ran themselves out of gas.

Reactions: tw3301 and ceilo77
So breaking news: the PAC 12 is still a basketball conference and apparently they have a tournament. I tried watching but it is awful. What's on Netflix...

No shit man! I can’t listen to Walton for more than a couple mins then I have to turn the shit off. Dude is horrible.

Reactions: tw3301
Cory, you are a top notch poster, I respect you as a poster.
Now, I will always give other teams credit when due. I don't think you are in this case. The pace of play UNC plays does 2 things, one, it creates a advantage when they are hitting shots. The 2nd, is it hurts them when they face a lengthy athletic team like Duke and UK. Defense had a lot to do with how they shot. i would be surprised if Duke took more 3's, because it appeared they played within their game plan, whereas UNC ran themselves out of gas.

But most of the shots UNC missed in this one were not heavily contested. They lost by 1 point. Duke's defense was very good tonight I thought. UNC's was as well. However, Luke and Kenny and Coby all missed a number of open threes. They just missed shots. Again, I have no issues with someone thinking Duke is better. The opinion that it is unreasonable to think UNC is better is what I disagree with.

Duke deserves all the credit for winning. They earned it. Zion was absurd and they had some role players really step up. I thought K did a great job with his lineups as well. Still, I think you can make a case for either team right now.

Reactions: UNC71-00 and tw3301
Neither team played particularly well....but that’s because of their opponent, too. The defense was crazy good in the second half.

Goldwire got the fluke layup, then next possession White loses the ball and it lands in the hands of Little for the dunk. Luck is always a bit of a factor in games like this.

Duke leads by four and gets a runout, RJ loses it and the Heels get a layup. Should have probably been six, instead it’s two. Duke has five or six possessions, including missing the front end, when they led 67-65. UNC just got one stop after another.

I just watched the last 10 minutes....so many winning plays made by both teams. A lot of them on defense. That was a classic....but I also get that’s easier for me to say.

Neither team played particularly well....but that’s because of their opponent, too. The defense was crazy good in the second half.

Goldwire got the fluke layup, then next possession White loses the ball and it lands in the hands of Little for the dunk. Luck is always a bit of a factor in games like this.

Duke leads by four and gets a runout, RJ loses it and the Heels get a layup. Should have probably been six, instead it’s two. Duke has five or six possessions, including missing the front end, when they led 67-65. UNC just got one stop after another.

I just watched the last 10 minutes....so many winning plays made by both teams. A lot of them on defense. That was a classic....but I also get that’s easier for me to say.

No, you're right. I thought UNC had a ton of shots that went in and out but I bet Duke fans can find the same. The missed FTs late by us kille me but RJ missed two in the last 15 seconds. The Little dunk was fluky just like the Goldwire layup. We fumbled some boards and I get you guys did as well. It was just a great game. I just think both these teams are right there at the same level.

Reactions: tw3301
Couple lil birdies said these 2 teams looked like trash...you can guess where that came from Laughing

Reactions: dukiejay
If you guys haven’t seen @maxisnicee on twitter acting like Zion you need to! Funny as shit!

Good game Dukes. That was fun
I get too worked up sometimes to enjoy games like this. I really should settle down, but damn. I think my neighbors probably thought that I was beating my wife last night. Haha.

It was a good game. So many things could have gone better or worse for both teams. Hats off to Roy Williams. His roster isn't full of scrubs or anything, but he has these guys playing amazing team ball and even the lesser used reserves come in and fill their roles nicely.

Both teams shot poorly but I think mostly, both teams defended well. I know we're all tired of hearing about Zion and the if game. But it is amazing how he impacts the game. Even when his teammates are pissing down their legs, he always manages to gain control. Duke gets slaughtered last night without him.

Good game guys. Hope that's the last time I have to watch it this year.

Agree 100%. I feel like if Carolina had made wide open shots then the outcome is much different, but like you said, if Duke had made FTs then also a different outcome.

Both fan bases have a right to be disappointed if their team doesn’t make the final 4.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Did it hurt your feelings that I called you a loser in the other thread and got so many likes? It did, didn’t it? Lol.

If UNC gets dinged for losing to duke in the acct then shouldn’t Gonzaga get equally dinged by losing to st Mary’s?
Only way UNC should get dinged after that game is by getting shipped out west, as the 1 seed.

USA Today writer rips UVA for losing a neutral court game vs. a top 12 team. I really hope we get the opportunity to shut some people us this year. But I guess we'll see what happens.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ent-virginia-postseason-struggles/3183255002/
Only two teams have beaten Virginia this year. No reason to rake them over the coals for losing to a solid FSU squad. I hope you guys shut some people up as well. Anything short of the elite eight would be a failure to do so. Some might even say final four.

Reactions: jhmossy
Only two teams have beaten Virginia this year. No reason to rake them over the coals for losing to a solid FSU squad. I hope you guys shut some people up as well. Anything short of the elite eight would be a failure to do so. Some might even say final four.

I would pay good money to win a championship this year.

and got so many likes? I
LOL Did you go show mommy all your likes? LOL
You have to be the most sensitive lil dude on here. Always butt hurt. Lighten up Francis, I was drinking last night, I didn't think I would get all up in your feelings.

LOL Did you go show mommy all your likes? LOL
You have to be the most sensitive lil dude on here. Always butt hurt. Lighten up Francis, I was drinking last night, I didn't think I would get all up in your feelings.
You obviously don’t know me. Sensitive? Lulz. I just call out the idiots. Sorry if it stings. Have another drink.

Uva is very good. But last night probably just reinforced a lot of folks opinion about them. They score mostly from the perimeter and if they run into a big athletic team they may be in trouble. Really no different than Duke in 16/17. Kennard and Allen couldn’t handle big athletic guards. And the pace is still their biggest problem. When the D breaks down a little against better athletes they aren’t able to keep pace. I think UVA really needs to see Mc St as their 2.

I think FSU wins tonight. Tough to play inspired 24 hours after the game that they played last night.

ADVERTISEMENT