ADVERTISEMENT

ACC/BIG Challenge

UVA has never been paired up with IU in the challenge. Ridiculous.

UVA has never been paired up with IU in the challenge. Ridiculous.
IU hasn't even been good the last several years but these people get off pairing them with Duke. It's gonna be funny when Indiana is consistently in the top 25 in the coming years and they can't pair them against Duke because it'll be 8 times in 9 years. But they'll probably find a way. Michigan, Michigan State, Maryland all made more sense. Hell, sending Duke to Nebraska would have been cool. And yes, I understand they were on the road last season.

IU hasn't even been good the last several years but these people get off pairing them with Duke. It's gonna be funny when Indiana is consistently in the top 25 in the coming years and they can't pair them against Duke because it'll be 8 times in 9 years. But they'll probably find a way. Michigan, Michigan State, Maryland all made more sense. Hell, sending Duke to Nebraska would have been cool. And yes, I understand they were on the road last season.

mh8qya.jpg

Nobody is mad because it's specifically iu. We just realize your team is undeserving and would like to see a team that has a chance to take down duke play them. Iu is going to lose to duke for the third time in a row when we have multiple teams that would have a better chance to beat them.

They'll likely switch it up with North Carolina and UVA. Maybe Louisville once our series ends and we pick Kentucky back up.

We shall see. Played you very well last year. We return a ton off that team, plus bringing in a Top 10 (7th) recruiting class. You guys on the other hand lost everyone. Yes bringing in a star studded class. But they're frosh after all. Early season game. So ya never know. I'll say this---if this were a neutral site game, I' d take IU. Telling you man, we are going to be a ton better than what people think.

Twice and lost both. One home one away. We also played WVU once away and won. Won at home against Texas, and lost to Baylor in Arlington. Overall we're 2-3 in the challenge.

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Statistics/gamesecbig12challenge.html

Even though Uk played on the road and KU played at home in the challenge last year, the last time yall played was in Rupp. I dont see how that’s really fair to go to Rupp again. They should’ve done a WVU return game and waited until next year to reunite with KU since it’s clear as day all these challenges are 99% for revenue because it seems like a few select teams play each other every single year. ACC/BIG is the same exact way

Bring it Mossy :cool:- With Heurter I would say Terps would be favored, but not now...

We shall see. Played you very well last year. We return a ton off that team, plus bringing in a Top 10 (7th) recruiting class. You guys on the other hand lost everyone. Yes bringing in a star studded class. But they're frosh after all. Early season game. So ya never know. I'll say this---if this were a neutral site game, I' d take IU. Telling you man, we are going to be a ton better than what people think.

Borden you thought IU would make the tournament last year. They went 16-15. Could you possibly be overrating Indiana again?

Reactions: tw3301
Even though Uk played on the road and KU played at home in the challenge last year, the last time yall played was in Rupp. I dont see how that’s really fair to go to Rupp again. They should’ve done a WVU return game and waited until next year to reunite with KU since it’s clear as day all these challenges are 99% for revenue because it seems like a few select teams play each other every single year. ACC/BIG is the same exact way
I'm guessing we'll have WVU at home the next time we play KU in the Champions Classic. And @ KU next year. Away, Home, Home, Away. It'll work out in the end.

You played Duke tough at home, this is on the road. I don't think Duke is going to be all that great this year but I don't see them losing at home to IU.

Borden you thought IU would make the tournament last year. They went 16-15. Could you possibly be overrating Indiana again?
I had IU at 20 wins, 10-8 in the Big 10. A couple of early head scratching losses probably kept them out. Played OSU to the wire (lost at buzzer). Took Duke to the wire; MSU, UL ad Purdue as well. So it' s not like I was waaaaay off. Get a few bounces here and there. Make some free throws (see Duke game), and they probably are am NCAA team.
This team has upgraded. Filled key needs, i.e. PG (4* Rob Phinisee), shooters (5* Langford, 4* Damzei Anderson, grad transfer Evan Fitzner). Morgan returns. Smith is a very promising sophomore. Davis rerurns. Not to mention a Top 10 class headlined by probably the best SG in the class. Also Hunter. A Top 50 kid who can score, and has a decent jumper from 3.
Could I be wrong? Of course I could be. But seeing the job Miller done with last year' group, I feel comfortable I' m not.

I had IU at 20 wins, 10-8 in the Big 10. A couple of early head scratching losses probably kept them out. Played OSU to the wire (lost at buzzer). Took Duke to the wire; MSU, UL ad Purdue as well. So it' s not like I was waaaaay off. Get a few bounces here and there. Make some free throws (see Duke game), and they probably are am NCAA team.
This team has upgraded. Filled key needs, i.e. PG (4* Rob Phinisee), shooters (5* Langford, 4* Damzei Anderson, grad transfer Evan Fitzner). Morgan returns. Smith is a very promising sophomore. Davis rerurns. Not to mention a Top 10 class headlined by probably the best SG in the class. Also Hunter. A Top 50 kid who can score, and has a decent jumper from 3.
Could I be wrong? Of course I could be. But seeing the job Miller done with last year' group, I feel comfortable I' m not.

16-15 with a group you said was good enough to be a 6-10 seed?

You played Duke tough at home, this is on the road. I don't think Duke is going to be all that great this year but I don't see them losing at home to IU.
I don' either. Just said IU will be a ton better than last year. Beating Duke at CIS is tough. So to expect a win there is silly. Buy I don' think it' the given everyone seems to feel it is.
This IU team has the potential and the pieces to be really good.

16-15 with a group you said was good enough to be a 6-10 seed?
I guess you forget about the loss of our starting center, and the transfer of a Top 50, 4* SG. That forced Miller to play guys out of position. And to start a walk on. Things changed there bub. Just like things could change for you if JB goes to the NBA. Sometimes things happen and it changes the course. We had zero depth. An inept PG. Rob Johnson was bad for 75% of the year. A lot went wrong. But coaching wasn't one of them.

Are there any Iowa fans on this side of the board? Saw we’re matched up. Looking forward to traveling up to Iowa City for the game.

I hope it’ll be a good game. We will definitely be improved under Capel. We currently have two 4*s committed along with a 3* former Nebraska commit and a transfer from New Mexico. All guards. We’re still pretty weak in the paint, though. If Iowa has a good big, they could probably take control of the game. I’m hoping we can get a grad transfer big, but it is what it is.

Reactions: Quavarius
Are there any Iowa fans on this side of the board? Saw we’re matched up. Looking forward to traveling up to Iowa City for the game.

I hope it’ll be a good game. We will definitely be improved under Capel. We currently have two 4*s committed along with a 3* former Nebraska commit and a transfer from New Mexico. All guards. We’re still pretty weak in the paint, though. If Iowa has a good big, they could probably take control of the game. I’m hoping we can get a grad transfer big, but it is what it is.
Iowa has the best PG big man duo in the country, how could they lose?

Iowa has the best PG big man duo in the country, how could they lose?
I don’t know much about Iowa. If that’s the case, they probably don’t lose. Like I said, I’m hoping for a good game regardless. I enjoyed going up for the Pitt/Iowa football game in 2015 and will enjoy going back for the basketball game.

Nobody is mad because it's specifically iu. We just realize your team is undeserving and would like to see a team that has a chance to take down duke play them. Iu is going to lose to duke for the third time in a row when we have multiple teams that would have a better chance to beat them.

Duke has only lost twice in the event. No team has beaten Duke at home in the Challenge.

We've had a young team the last two times we've played IU. Also, this team is going to Canada in August, will play Kentucky to open the season and in Maui. Even at a neutral site, this team would probably beat IU. This team is closer and should be further along (chemistry wise) compared to the last two. But IU will be better this season, no doubt.

I'm guessing we'll have WVU at home the next time we play KU in the Champions Classic. And @ KU next year. Away, Home, Home, Away. It'll work out in the end.

We kept trying to tell people that re: Duke in the ACC/Big 10'because we played two back to back home games. No one has an advantage in the end as it all evens out.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Capel is going to turn Pitt around. Don't be upset if he's back at Duke in 5 years, lol.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
We've had a young team the last two times we've played IU. Also, this team is going to Canada in August, will play Kentucky to open the season and in Maui. Even at a neutral site, this team would probably beat IU. This team is closer and should be further along (chemistry wise) compared to the last two. But IU will be better this season, no doubt.
Can't argue this. Not "arguing" IU will win. MOF, I expect a loss. My point is, Indiana (should) be much better. Langford gives this team a legitmate, possible dominant scorer. Add that with Morgan, and that could create a very lethal 1-2 punch. Justin Smith is a promising 4* soph, who really showed flashes of being extremely good. Davis returns. Legit PG in Phinisee [4*]. We have some experience in Seniors Morgan and McRoberts, plus Green will be a junior.
I like the potential of this team. A very good class (#7), combined with multiple key returnee's.

Reactions: Quavarius
Can't argue this. Not "arguing" IU will win. MOF, I expect a loss. My point is, Indiana (should) be much better. Langford gives this team a legitmate, possible dominant scorer. Add that with Morgan, and that could create a very lethal 1-2 punch. Justin Smith is a promising 4* soph, who really showed flashes of being extremely good. Davis returns. Legit PG in Phinisee [4*]. We have some experience in Seniors Morgan and McRoberts, plus Green will be a junior.
I like the potential of this team. A very good class (#7), combined with multiple key returnee's.

See, this is the type of stuff you were saying about players last year.

I'd bet the farm Indiana makes the tourney. Archie has a nice mix to work with. Johnson, Newkirk, JOnes, DAvis, Hartman, Green. I think McSwain will do well under a guy like Archie. Not to mention the necomers. There is talent there. I see a 20-10 type of year. 6 or 7 seed.

Rinse, wash, repeat. You have zero chill in your expectations.

I guess you forget about the loss of our starting center, and the transfer of a Top 50, 4* SG. That forced Miller to play guys out of position. And to start a walk on. Things changed there bub. Just like things could change for you if JB goes to the NBA. Sometimes things happen and it changes the course. We had zero depth. An inept PG. Rob Johnson was bad for 75% of the year. A lot went wrong. But coaching wasn't one of them.

You guys sucked before Davis was injured 8-6 with losses to Fort Wayne and Indiana State. Curtis Jones was god awful so him sticking around to shoot 26.9% from the field wasn't getting you guys into the tournament. Calling him a top 50 4* SG means nothing to me when you leave out the fact that he sucked and wasn't contributing before he transferred.

ADVERTISEMENT