ADVERTISEMENT

ACC/BIG Challenge

Clemson to host Nebraska. Nebraska fans, tell me about next years team? Clemson returns 4 starters, 3 of which started 30+ games. As a Clemson fan, I can only manage to be cautiously optimistic, but I think we are a tournament level team again.

Clemson to host Nebraska. Nebraska fans, tell me about next years team? Clemson returns 4 starters, 3 of which started 30+ games. As a Clemson fan, I can only manage to be cautiously optimistic, but I think we are a tournament level team again.
There are no Nebraska fans so I'll tell you what I know. They got a huge boost when Palmer and Copeland both decided to withdraw from the draft and return to Nebraska. Both are better than average athletes and good scorers. Glynn Watson is a very solid PG who had a great freshman year but took a step back as a soph. I'm a big fan of Roby. Dude looks like he belongs in Kid and Play but can play the game and be a matchup challenge for traditional fours.

I'm not sure Nebraska has a lot of depth but their starting five is among the best in the conference.

How is Louisville looking for next year?

Not sure. A top grad transfer just became available after decommitting from Nevada due to scholly overload and we’re goin after 1 more big. Without that, some polls have us in the 18-20 range, some not ranked. I could see us being top 17 or so if we add 2 more guys that are solid role players or bench players

Pack plays in Madison. Hope it turns out better than when Ole Sid took us up that way.

Purdue traveling down to Tallahassee, where FSU has been nearly unbeatable lately.

Boiler fans, who do y'all have coming back besides Edwards?

Monday, Nov. 26
Minnesota at Boston College
Nebraska at Clemson

Tuesday, Nov. 27
Illinois at Notre Dame
Indiana at Duke
Michigan State at Louisville
Pittsburgh at Iowa
Virginia Tech at Penn State
North Carolina State at Wisconsin

Wednesday, Nov. 28
Purdue at Florida State
Rutgers at Miami
North Carolina at Michigan
Virginia at Maryland
Georgia Tech at Northwestern
Syracuse at Ohio State

I favor the bolded, will have to look into a few matchups.
I doubt I'll take Ill on the road, I really have no idea who's left at ND.
Sort of the same with NCState/Wisky. But I usually lean home team(s).

Minny/BC and Nebraska/Clemson should be good, close games.

Monday, Nov. 26
Nebraska at Clemson

Tuesday, Nov. 27
Illinois at Notre Dame
Indiana at Duke
Michigan State
at Louisville
Pittsburgh at Iowa
Virginia Tech
at Penn State

Wednesday, Nov. 28
Purdue at Florida State
Rutgers at Miami
Virginia
at Maryland
Syracuse at Ohio State

I agree with most of your picks. Very hard to see the Big 10 getting more than 5 wins, at least as of now. I'll go with:

Monday, Nov. 26
Minnesota at Boston College - Would have gone BC if Robinson came back.
Nebraska at Clemson - Tigers should be very good and LittleJohn ain't no picnic.

Tuesday, Nov. 27
Illinois at Notre Dame - ND with Brey in the Joyce Center...
Indiana at Duke - Just better
Michigan State at Louisville - Not sure what to expect with Mack's first year
Pittsburgh at Iowa - Pitt is horrific
Virginia Tech at Penn State - VT should be very good--top 20 good.
North Carolina State at Wisconsin - Keatts has NCSU on the up swing and Dorn came back

Wednesday, Nov. 28
Purdue at Florida State - Hurts losing Obiagu, but FSU is still loaded and a bear to beat at home
Rutgers at Miami - Huell came back so they should be solid again
North Carolina at Michigan - UNC may not quite be ready for primetime this early
Virginia at Maryland - Just better
Georgia Tech at Northwestern - GT lost Okogie to the draft and they already weren't all that good
Syracuse at Ohio State - Battle coming back makes Cuse a top 20 team

That's 9-5 ACC.

Purdue traveling down to Tallahassee, where FSU has been nearly unbeatable lately.

Boiler fans, who do y'all have coming back besides Edwards?
A whole lot of question marks:

PG - Carsen will play it some but the incumbent is sophomore Nojel Eastern. Eastern can be a pest defensively at 6'6 and built like a bull but needs to make a big step offensively. He put his name in for the draft but it was pretty clear he was coming back.
SF - Ryan Cline will be our lone senior. He's a very good shooter (40+% from three) but does little else.
PF - More than likely will be Dartmouth transfer Evan Boudreaux, who averaged 17 and 9 his last season at Dartmouth. Blue collar 4 man who likes to play physical and can shoot the three but not athletic.
C - Matt Haarms - 7-3 bean pole who was a revelation backing up Isaac Haas. Just missed setting Purdue's freshman block record which is pretty impressive since he was behind an All Big Ten center. Showed glimpses offensively but needs to take a step to be the consistent presence we need.

Bench - Purdue's bench will feature just one returning scholarship player who has played D1 ball, and he was a converted walk-on. We do have two redshirt freshman and three true freshmen but it remains to be seen how ready they are to play. I like the upside of the group but it's awfully early in their careers to rely heavily on them. The most likely candidates for heavy PT are 6'9 combo forward Aaron Wheeler and 6'3 SG Eric Hunter.

It will be a tough trip to Tallahassee as FSU is tough at home and Purdue will still be working on rotations when the game is played. That said, Carsen Edwards is a stud and if he takes the next step, he'll be on the short list for NPOY and his relentless determination will at least give us a puncher's chance.

Monday, Nov. 26
Nebraska at Clemson

Tuesday, Nov. 27
Illinois at Notre Dame
Indiana at Duke
Michigan State
at Louisville
Pittsburgh at Iowa
Virginia Tech
at Penn State

Wednesday, Nov. 28
Purdue at Florida State
Rutgers at Miami
Virginia
at Maryland
Syracuse at Ohio State

I agree with most of your picks. Very hard to see the Big 10 getting more than 5 wins, at least as of now. I'll go with:

Monday, Nov. 26
Nebraska at Clemson - Tigers should be very good and LittleJohn ain't no picnic.

Tuesday, Nov. 27
North Carolina State at Wisconsin - Keatts has NCSU on the up swing and Dorn came back

Wednesday, Nov. 28
Purdue at Florida State - Hurts losing Obiagu, but FSU is still loaded and a bear to beat at home
North Carolina at Michigan - UNC may not quite be ready for primetime this early
Georgia Tech at Northwestern - GT lost Okogie to the draft and they already weren't all that good

That's 9-5 ACC.
I agree with every prediction except, especially with Happ back, I’ll take the Badgers at Kohl.

Monday, Nov. 26

Tuesday, Nov. 27

Wednesday, Nov. 28

That's 9-5 ACC.

That GT/NW game.. will not watch. Does NW even have a point guard?
I don't think they do. I do agree that GT prob won't be very good tho.

I tend to root for NCState more often than not, but I think Wisky will be plenty salty after a very down '17/18 season.

Reactions: GE Nole
A whole lot of question marks:

PG - Carsen will play it some but the incumbent is sophomore Nojel Eastern. Eastern can be a pest defensively at 6'6 and built like a bull but needs to make a big step offensively. He put his name in for the draft but it was pretty clear he was coming back.
SF - Ryan Cline will be our lone senior. He's a very good shooter (40+% from three) but does little else.
PF - More than likely will be Dartmouth transfer Evan Boudreaux, who averaged 17 and 9 his last season at Dartmouth. Blue collar 4 man who likes to play physical and can shoot the three but not athletic.
C - Matt Haarms - 7-3 bean pole who was a revelation backing up Isaac Haas. Just missed setting Purdue's freshman block record which is pretty impressive since he was behind an All Big Ten center. Showed glimpses offensively but needs to take a step to be the consistent presence we need.

Bench - Purdue's bench will feature just one returning scholarship player who has played D1 ball, and he was a converted walk-on. We do have two redshirt freshman and three true freshmen but it remains to be seen how ready they are to play. I like the upside of the group but it's awfully early in their careers to rely heavily on them. The most likely candidates for heavy PT are 6'9 combo forward Aaron Wheeler and 6'3 SG Eric Hunter.

It will be a tough trip to Tallahassee as FSU is tough at home and Purdue will still be working on rotations when the game is played. That said, Carsen Edwards is a stud and if he takes the next step, he'll be on the short list for NPOY and his relentless determination will at least give us a puncher's chance.

Great info, thanks.

Gonna be really interesting seeing your 7'3 bean poll go against our 7'4 bean poll. Ours doesn't move his feet all that well in space, but he's a solid shot blocker when he doesn't have to step away from the basket and recover. Absolutely NOTHING like our 7 footer who just transferred--that kid is the best shot blocker in college basketball and probably would have started.

I forgot that kid from Dartmouth transferred in. He seems solid. Be interesting to see how he matches up against the kind of athletes we can put on the court.

The matchup between Trent Forrest (one of the best perimeter defenders in the ACC) and Edwards should be a treat to watch.

I like our chances at Duke. Not sure we can go in there and win. But I'm telling you floks--'Rhis IU team is going to be good.

I like our chances at Duke. Not sure we can go in there and win. But I'm telling you floks--'Rhis IU team is going to be good.

You cant like your chances at Duke if you aren’t sure you can go in there and win, Borden Winking

giphy-downsized.gif

I am not mad about it. Would love a home and home with UNC or Duke but it isn’t needed when ESPN makes it for us

I'm a huge fan of who ever thought of doing OOC conference rival games. SEC/Big 12, ACC/Big Ten. Pac 12 sucks.

Reactions: klize17
I'm a huge fan of who ever thought of doing OOC conference rival games. SEC/Big 12, ACC/Big Ten. Pac 12 sucks.

Yes sir and the moving up of the Champions Classic and Gavitt Games for B1G/BigEast.

The beginning of the season needs big time games

ADVERTISEMENT