ADVERTISEMENT

ACC and SEC are now 3 bid leagues

History never dies. You must’ve skipped over fahrenheit 451 during school if you made that far. You can yak about it being a long time ago all you want, but the history books never forget. Sorry not sorry.

At the end of the day, you already had a banner stripped and they're warming up in the batter's box to take another swing at your program, not mine.

At the end of the day, you already had a banner stripped and they're warming up in the batter's box to take another swing at your program, not mine.
You poor thing. Resorting to this now lol. Flailing.

remember that statement the next time someone tries to say "those championships were 50 years ago"
a lot of haters sure try to discount those championships
Considering I’ve never discounted those, this seems a little arbitrary to bring up, doesn’t it?

Considering I’ve never discounted those, this seems a little arbitrary to bring up, doesn’t it?

Happens all the time here....maybe he wasn't referring to you. Fact of the matter is, if others had those titles, they'd happily claim them.

Happens all the time here....maybe he wasn't referring to you. Fact of the matter is, if others had those titles, they'd happily claim them.
So what did that have to do with anything I’ve said in the past?

So what did that have to do with anything I’ve said in the past?

Man, I don't know....the stuff we hear from rival fans just tends to overlap/get blurry at times, but if I had to guess, and I'm not saying these came from you, but it's been written here many times by many different posters... stuff like:
  • "Nobody cares about titles in the 40's and 50's."
  • "The NIT was a more prestigious tournament back then, so your titles under Rupp are meaningless."
  • "There were only 16 or so teams in the NCAA tournament back then"
...just a few quick examples.... probably came from some poster(s) wanting recognition for their Helms Bread titles or something.

Man, I don't know....the stuff we hear from rival fans just tends to overlap/get blurry at times, but if I had to guess, and I'm not saying these came from you, but it's been written here many times by many different posters... stuff like:
  • "Nobody cares about titles in the 40's and 50's."
  • "The NIT was a more prestigious tournament back then, so your titles under Rupp are meaningless."
  • "There were only 16 or so teams in the NCAA tournament back then"
...just a few quick examples.... probably came from some poster(s) wanting recognition for their Helms Bread titles or something.
Again, that’s got nothing to do with me. Plenty of your fans say just as dumb of shit.

Doesn’t Kansas claim a bunch of titles we don’t know about? @schoonerwest is 2013 one of them
1952 - Phog's first
1957 - Carolina hacked Wilt all game. Fouls were not called.
1966 - JoJo's foot WAS NOT on the line. Game winner followed by easy title game
1986 - Bogus calls in the 2nd half sent Manning to the bench. With him it's a 7 point win and easy title
1988 - Danny and the Miracles
1997 - The GOAT
2003 - McNamara shoved off 3 times he ended up making a 3. KU by 6.
2007 - Play UCLA in Los Angeles as a 1 seed. Corrupt NCAA.
2008 - Mario's Miracle
2012 - Ran out of time

Those are the years I claim. That's 10 titles.

1952 - Phog's first
1986 - Bogus calls in the 2nd half sent Manning to the bench. With him it's a 7 point win and easy title
1997 - The GOAT
2008 - Mario's Miracle
2012 - Ran out of time

Looks like you’re clear to claim 2013 @UL_1986

1952 - Phog's first
1997 - The GOAT
2008 - Mario's Miracle
2012 - Ran out of time

It really was garbage to have to play a 2 seed at home.

ADVERTISEMENT