ADVERTISEMENT

#3 Kansas @ #14 West Virginia

Kentucky fans may have had to watch a summer exhibition game on ESPN but I can’t imagine a conference game plus WVU is top 16

Reactions: RockChalkRally
It’s remarkable what Huggins has gotten out of that team.

They have two legit P5 level starters on the entire roster (and both play same position), and yet were projected a week ago to be a 2-seed.

Reactions: huskitt
WVU has really responded well after being named one of the top 16 seeds

It’s remarkable what Huggins has gotten out of that team.

They have two legit P5 level starters on the entire roster (and both play same position), and yet were projected a week ago to be a 2-seed.

That's pretty far from the truth. We're probbaly as talented as we've been under Huggs.

Tshiebwe, Culver, Matthews were all highly recruited kids. McBride is really good and gonna be an All Big 12 player next year. We have 2 of the best juco players in the country from last year. Jalen Bridges another highly recruited kid is redshirting. More talent coming in.

We're just really young and playing like shit right now...especially the guards

WVU has really responded well after being named one of the top 16 seeds

Yeah we suck right now.

It's a shame we aren't in the ACC where we could just coast through conference play. Duke, Louisville and a bunch of stiffs this year.

Reactions: jhmossy
That's pretty far from the truth. We're probbaly as talented as we've been under Huggs.

Tshiebwe, Culver, Matthews were all highly recruited kids. McBride is really good and gonna be an All Big 12 player next year. We have 2 of the best juco players in the country from last year. Jalen Bridges another highly recruited kid is redshirting. More talent coming in.

Very indicative of a young team. They have season highs and lows, and you have to ride it like a wave. Sometimes those highs and lows are vast even within one game, such as last night.

Finish on a high note and come back next year with a legit chance to win the conference. KU will be down, and Baylor loses a lot, so I think WVU may very well be the favorite next year.

Reactions: doogie503
WVU fans you all will be ok. Come tourney time your gonna give teams trouble. Where is that Gilligan @dragonhawk1855 saying earlier this year Moss was no real loss? Was huge for Kansas tonight.
how many times has he had games like he had last night? to compare Moss's RSJR year for Iowa
5th on the team is scoring 9.2 ppg
24.1 mpg
2.9 rpg
1.8 apg
0.9 spg
39.9% from the field
79.9% from the FTL
42.1% from 3

his replacement
RSFR Fredrick
28.9 mpg
11.2 ppg 3rd on the team
2.0 rpg
2.8 apg
0.8 spg
50% from the field
78.6% from the FTL
47.2% from 3

Moss was/is not that big a loss,
Fredrick has led the team in scoring in 4 times so far this season.

how many times has he done that for Kansas?

here are Moss's numbers
22.7 mpg
8.3 ppg 5th on the team
1.8 rpg
0.5 apg
0.5 spg
41.7% from the field
87.5% from the FTL
38.0% from 3

yup he is having a monster year for Kansas, yup lottery pick type numbers.

here are Moss's numbers
22.7 mpg
8.3 ppg 5th on the team
1.8 rpg
0.5 apg
0.5 spg
41.7% from the field
87.5% from the FTL
38.0% from 3

yup he is having a monster year for Kansas, yup lottery pick type numbers.
That's a pretty good year for a guy who doesn't start and really is only on the team this year to do 1 thing.

IMO, he's living up to expectations and he seems to be getting better. I'm happy.

That's a pretty good year for a guy who doesn't start and really is only on the team this year to do 1 thing.

IMO, he's living up to expectations and he seems to be getting better. I'm happy.
the change of scenery is doing him good, but it does not change my opinion of him not being missed.

If that’s all true, then Huggins sucks.

I’ll stick to my original assessment, though. None of those guys, except the two bigs, would currently be in the rotation at KU or Baylor.

Reactions: huskitt
If that’s all true, then Huggins sucks.

I’ll stick to my original assessment, though. None of those guys, except the two bigs, would currently be in the rotation at KU or Baylor.

Baylor and Kansas are the #1 and #3 ranked teams in the country... that's not even close to your original post. You said we only had two power 5 level players.

Baylor and Kansas are the #1 and #3 ranked teams in the country... that's not even close to your original post. You said we only had two power 5 level players.
He said P5 level starters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT