Gold Member
Jan 15, 2008
Should be a good one

Any tech fans here?

Last edited:
WVU wins 66 to 54.

WVU - 23 of 35 from the line.
TTU - 5 of 7 from the line.

35-7 free throw discrepancy. Coming on the heels of Huggins complaining after playing Kansas. Seems to have worked for him. Normally TTU averages like 16 a game.

Still we played bad and probably didn't deserve to win. But the Huggins in me wants to complain about that officiating.

WVU wins 66 to 54.

WVU - 23 of 35 from the line.
TTU - 5 of 7 from the line.

35-7 free throw discrepancy. Coming on the heels of Huggins complaining after playing Kansas. Seems to have worked for him. Normally TTU averages like 16 a game.

Still we played bad and probably didn't deserve to win. But the Huggins in me wants to complain about that officiating.

Tech shot a lot of jumpers, including 27 3's. We took 15. We attack the paint and throw it to our bigs. 35-7 is a big difference though.

I loved our press virginia style but this suffocating half court D we play now is pretty impressive. And its what got us to a final 4 in 2010.

Tech shot a lot of jumpers, including 27 3's. We took 15. We attack the paint and throw it to our bigs. 35-7 is a big difference though.

I loved our press virginia style but this suffocating half court D we play now is pretty impressive. And its what got us to a final 4 in 2010.

Damn that’s a long time ago

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

35-7 is a pretty damn large discrepancy. I’m not saying anything funny was going on...but I’m betting Huggy Bear would have been bitching if it was 35-7 in favor of the other team.

Wvu bitch slapped uva 2 years in a row and his feelings got hurt

LOL my feeling don't get hurt over basketball dude. You're one of my favorite posters. That's why I missed you so much last year. I just like shit talking with you. There's no actual rivalry on my end.

Reactions: doogie503
LOL my feeling don't get hurt over basketball dude. You're one of my favorite posters. That's why I missed you so much last year. I just like shit talking with you. There's no actual rivalry on my end.

Laughing Oh i know. I was just playing. The feeling is mutual.

I was still around, just not nearly as much. Was a painful season. Lol

Reactions: jhmossy
35-7 is a pretty damn large discrepancy. I’m not saying anything funny was going on...but I’m betting Huggy Bear would have been bitching if it was 35-7 in favor of the other team.

This was a fairly called game. I'm one of those that didnt make a big deal when we had that discrepancy at Kansas in a close loss couple years ago, yet everyone else did. If you watched this game, you would see we were taking it to them inside and they were shooting most of theirs from the outside. For once we did a great job of not picking up cheap fouls.

HOLD on....

35-7???

And their fans are rationalizing it in exactly the same way that KU fans did?

Priceless.

Remember to never bitch about AFH again. Thanks.

HOLD on....

35-7???

And their fans are rationalizing it in exactly the same way that KU fans did?

Priceless.

Remember to never bitch about AFH again. Thanks.

It's nice being on this end of it for once.

It's nice being on this end of it for once.

You guys always get calls (or non-calls) at home.

Games with huge disparities like that are rare no matter the venue. And they generally have a lot to do with strategy and shot selection. Hilarious that you’re running with that narrative now after laughing at it prior. It’s what homers do, I suppose:

Reactions: TechFan88
You guys always get calls (or non-calls) at home.

Games with huge disparities like that are rare no matter the venue. And they generally have a lot to do with strategy and shot selection. Hilarious that you’re running with that narrative now after laughing at it prior. It’s what homers do, I suppose:

No shit everybody gets calls at home. I'm talking about being on the good end of a crazy free throw discrepancy like that.

We've been on the other end many many times. But to be fair we did foul a ton when we pressed with those Jevon Carter teams.

No shit everybody gets calls at home. I'm talking about being on the good end of a crazy free throw discrepancy like that.

We've been on the other end many many times. But to be fair we did foul a ton when we pressed with those Jevon Carter teams.

You’ve been on the other end of many, many discrepancies like this? I’d like to see that list.

Remember, you guys whined about the game last week as if there were a huge disparity, yet the advantage was in your favor.

If everybody gets calls at home, why single out AFH? Because it’s where you never win?

You’ve been on the other end of many, many discrepancies like this? I’d like to see that list.

Remember, you guys whined about the game last week as if there were a huge disparity, yet the advantage was in your favor.

If everybody gets calls at home, why single out AFH? Because it’s where you never win?

My big complaint about games at AFH is the way 2nd halves of games are called. They almost always play out the same way. The whistle is very different in the 2nd half.

They let us play one way for 20 minutes... we build a lead. Then it totally changes 2nd half and you get in the bonus early and come back.

That and there have been some weird games there. Like when you came back against us from down 14 with 2 minutes to go in 2017. A bunch of crazy calls went your way in those 2 minutes.

And yes... we've been on the bad ends many times. I can think of 2 off the top of my head against KU. You shot 44 free throws in that same game I was talking about earlier when you came back from down 14 with 2 mins to go.

Then there was the 35-2 free throw game a year later. Yes... 35-2! And you were still down 12 with 10 mins to go in that game and came back at the free throw line.

Reactions: CameronWV

We had 70 FG attempts and 27 were 3s. WVU had 46 FG attempts and 15 were 3s. 38.57 percent of TTU shots were 3s compared to 32.61% percent for WVU. A difference of 5.96%.

WVU had 31 non-3 FG attempts and 35 FT attempts. Tech had 43 non-3 FG attempts and 7 FT attempts.

Huggins complained when KU had 8 more attempts than WVU. In that game WVU only shot 3 fewer 3s went 12-22 FT and lost by 7.

Last edited:
Reactions: ExitFlagger
We had 70 FG attempts and 27 were 3s. WVU had 46 FG attempts and 15 were 3s. 38.57 percent of TTU shots were 3s compared to 32.61% percent for WVU. A difference of 5.96%.

WVU had 31 non-3 FG attempts and 35 FT attempts. Tech had 43 non-3 FG attempts and 7 FT attempts.

Huggins complained when KU had 8 more attempts than WVU. In that game WVU only shot 3 fewer 3s went 12-22 FT and lost by 7.

Too much math for doogie

Reactions: TechFan88
If West Virginia goes to the final four this year hopefully Huggins can avoid making out with one of his players while Duke is beating them by 20.

My big complaint about games at AFH is the way 2nd halves of games are called. They almost always play out the same way. The whistle is very different in the 2nd half.

They let us play one way for 20 minutes... we build a lead. Then it totally changes 2nd half and you get in the bonus early and come back.

That and there have been some weird games there. Like when you came back against us from down 14 with 2 minutes to go in 2017. A bunch of crazy calls went your way in those 2 minutes.

And yes... we've been on the bad ends many times. I can think of 2 off the top of my head against KU. You shot 44 free throws in that same game I was talking about earlier when you came back from down 14 with 2 mins to go.

Then there was the 35-2 free throw game a year later. Yes... 35-2! And you were still down 12 with 10 mins to go in that game and came back at the free throw line.

First off, two is not many, many times.

And again, the 35-2 was very similar to what you just experienced last night, so I think you’ve lost the right to whine about that one. Although it’s priceless seeing you try to justify it in exactly the same way that we justified that situation. All you did was shoot jumpers that day while KU drove it constantly.

As for the other example, WV was whistled for four more fouls that day. A team that was known for constant fouls and aggressiveness. What were you expecting? I guess you and Huggins expect to get away with it like he always has at home.

FTs most definitely didn’t win the game for KU the other day. They didn’t even shoot well from the line. Half the attempts were by Azubuike for God’s sake. Which was part of Huggins’ strategy by the way. Yet he still bitches about calls in a game in which his team got more. Love it.

But I know. Like Kentucky, you guys have never actually lost due to being outplayed. It’s always stolen from you.

If West Virginia goes to the final four this year hopefully Huggins can avoid making out with one of his players while Duke is beating them by 20.

I guess that game was sweet revenge for Duke after Huggs, Joe Mazzulla and Joe Alexander dragged their nuts all over Duke and Coach K in the NCAA Tourney 2 yrs earlier.

Still can't believe we lost to that team in the final four. Beat a loaded UK squad full of lottery picks then lose to that goofy Duke team full of guys that look like they should be in a boy band.

Last edited:
Reactions: tw3301
First off, two is not many, many times.

And again, the 35-2 was very similar to what you just experienced last night, so I think you’ve lost the right to whine about that one. Although it’s priceless seeing you try to justify it in exactly the same way that we justified that situation. All you did was shoot jumpers that day while KU drove it constantly.

As for the other example, WV was whistled for four more fouls that day. A team that was known for constant fouls and aggressiveness. What were you expecting? I guess you and Huggins expect to get away with it like he always has at home.

FTs most definitely didn’t win the game for KU the other day. They didn’t even shoot well from the line. Half the attempts were by Azubuike for God’s sake. Which was part of Huggins’ strategy by the way. Yet he still bitches about calls in a game in which his team got more. Love it.

But I know. Like Kentucky, you guys have never actually lost due to being outplayed. It’s always stolen from you.

You asked for examples... i gave you 2 off the top of my head just against Kansas.

We definitely get outplayed... a lot. But when a team is down 14 with 2 minutes to go, or when you trail by 12 with 10 to go even though you are enjoying a 35-2 ft discrepancy.... hard to say you are outplaying someone. You just got stupid lucky. Weird shit goes down at AFH... regularly.

Its all good. We'll kick your ass in Morgantown as always and hopefully get another shot in the B12 tourney.

Laughing You do realize that shots that result in fouls don't count as fg attempts, right? So your stats there are way off. If you had 24 more fg attempts than us we arent winning the game.

WVU dominated tech on the glass and threw it inside to the bigs all game. Tech couldn't handle them and fouled. 35-7 isnt quite 35-2 that we experienced against KU a couple years ago, but its still eye popping.

Nice to see you here though @hailtoyourvictor. Thought you disappeared after you realized your team and new coach are garbage a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:
I am a UNLV fan, there is nothing flukey about that UVA NC. They fought and win.

Lol what? They were trailing in the final minute 3 straight games including one of the rarest of rare bailouts in the game vs Purdue. The basketball Gods smiled on them for sure last year. And I don’t hate UVA, of the four teams in last year’s Final Four I would rather they have came away with it, their program and fanbase has paid their dues with consistently solid play and NCAAT heartbreak. Good to see that if you knock on the door enough, the blue bloods will step out of the way once in awhile.

I guess that game was sweet revenge for Duke after Huggs, Joe Mazzulla and Joe Alexander dragged their nuts all over Duke and Coach K in the NCAA Tourney 2 yrs earlier.

Still can't believe we lost to that team in the final four. Beat a loaded UK squad full of lottery picks then lose to that goofy Duke team full of guys that look like they should be in a boy band.

Hot shooting can always kill a tough defense. Jon Scheyer couldn’t miss despite being an otherwise ordinary player.

ADVERTISEMENT