5-Drake
4-Northwestern
3-TX AM
2-Michigan State
1- Boise State

JMU- WIN
Wisky--Lose

Her tribe does, yes.

She gets a check twice a year from the gaming proceeds.

I didn't know you lived in Cherokee but I did see the Cherokee girls HS team play and I was very impressed with them. I love going up there even tho it's about a 4 hour drive from GSO and Gatlinburgh isn't far either. I love the scenery of the Smokey Mountains and the wildlife up there is spectacular.

Is the term “Indian” not appropriate or do they care one way or another?

My wife doesn't care. Most of the Cherokee I know don't care. But, there are always a few sensitive ones that you have to watch out for.

My wife doesn't care. Most of the Cherokee I know don't care. But, there are always a few sensitive ones that you have to watch out for.
The question was brought on by the major league sports, Braves, Indians, ect.. I figured I could get a straight answer from someone that knows.

The liberal ones? They probably hate the “Redskins” that are lobbying for the team to re-adopt the name.

I didn't know you lived in Cherokee but I did see the Cherokee girls HS team play and I was very impressed with them. I love going up there even tho it's about a 4 hour drive from GSO and Gatlinburgh isn't far either. I love the scenery of the Smokey Mountains and the wildlife up there is spectacular.
Beautiful country, indeed. Kinda surprised whitey didn’t move them to a res in the desolate wastelands like most of the other tribes. 🤪

The question was brought on by the major league sports, Braves, Indians, ect.. I figured I could get a straight answer from someone that knows.

The liberal ones? They probably hate the “Redskins” that are lobbying for the team to re-adopt the name.

The NC Cherokee love the Redskins. Very few of them find the term "Redskins" offensive. In fact, I'd say the Redskins were the most popular NFL team here, besides the Panthers. Many of them hated that the team nickname was changed.

I do recall the Washington Post conducting a poll, asking Natives whether they found the term Redskin offensive or not, and 90% said no. Maybe people are more sensitive now, but I doubt it. It's mostly the far-left liberals that enjoy being offended on behalf of other people.

• Love
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Wednesday: Colorado (5)
Thursday: Nevada (2)
Thursday: Michigan State (1)
Thursday: Drake (3)
Friday: Northwestern (4)
Friday: Texas A&M (6)

Underdog pick: Drake
High Seed to lose: Alabama

The NC Cherokee love the Redskins. Very few of them find the term "Redskins" offensive. In fact, I'd say the Redskins were the most popular NFL team here, besides the Panthers. Many of them hated that the team nickname was changed.

I do recall the Washington Post conducting a poll, asking Natives whether they found the term Redskin offensive or not, and 90% said no. Maybe people are more sensitive now, but I doubt it. It's mostly the far-left liberals that enjoy being offended on behalf of other people.
I always looked at names like Redskins, Chiefs, Seminols and fighting Sioux as a tribute to indian tribes. It never crossed my mind to think of those names in a negative light, but, cancel culture is a big thing these days.

Reactions: AWilli6995
I always looked at names like Redskins, Chiefs, Seminols and fighting Sioux as a tribute to indian tribes. It never crossed my mind to think of those names in a negative light, but, cancel culture is a big thing these days.
Yes and if UK meets UT in the NCAA we are going to scalp y'all. You've been warned...

Surprised the liberal Washington Post reported those results. The Seminoles down here in FL are def proud of the FSU recognition.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yes and if UK meets UT in the NCAA we are going to scalp y'all. You've been warned...
'scuse me dearest Della, but who currently holds scoreboard?

Know your place there you orange hound dog.

'scuse me dearest Della, but who currently holds scoreboard?

Know your place there you orange hound dog.
Our place is as a 2 seed and your place is as a 4 seed.

Our place is as a 2 seed and your place is as a 4 seed.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: della
6 - Dayton
5 - Miss St
4 - Flordia Atlantic
3 - Colorado
2 - Drake
1 - Texas A&M

Oregon to win
Illinois to lose

You know what 3 nd 4 have in common? They are both behind 2. :D
It only matters if you do something with that 2 seed. You don't want to just be remembered for losing your last game to UK. That would sting.

It only matters if you do something with that 2 seed. You don't want to just be remembered for losing your last game to UK. That would sting.
Get behind us you little 3 seed, we will protect you.

We're the parents, sitting one row behind the children, so we can watch them enjoy their first big boy roller coaster.

😂😂😂
tumblr_mmsh3et2jy1s2yegdo1_400.gif

Pipe down old timer, you're the tired old senile grandparents. Your day has long past. Now drink your ensure cause we are going bird hunting.

tumblr_mmsh3et2jy1s2yegdo1_400.gif

Pipe down old timer, you're the tired old senile grandparents. Your day has long past. Now drink your ensure cause we are going bird hunting.
Haha, that roller coaster comment gotchya good.

WEEEEEEEEEEE 🤣

I just want you to know that I was already picking Tennessee to be upset before seeing this, but now I'm putting a curse on them. May their children's children be born Kentucky fans.

6 Boise State
4 Nevada
2 Mississippi State
5 Washington State
3 FAU
1 Texas A&M

Win - St. Peter's
Lose - Tennessee
You still have time to change your Win/Lose picks if you want me to relax my counter hex on you.

• Haha
Reactions: Necessary Roughness
ADVERTISEMENT