ADVERTISEMENT

2023-24 Pick'Em, Final Standings!!

TCU (6)
Butler (4)
USC (1)
Ohio State (2)
San Diego State (5)
St. John's (3)

Congrats to @rockycard on winning the double-points week with a monster 40 points. That puts him within striking distance. @della also had a very impressive week with 38 points. @AWilli6995 is back on top of the leaderboard again, but there are many just a few points behind. It's going to be close!

Just three weeks left of the Pick'Em season. We'll have bonus points for the Round of 64 games next week (picking upsets). Time to dig deep. Rest of the games we'll be played on a neutral court. No more defaulting to the home team.

Week 18
rockycard- 40
della- 38
GE Nole- 32
boilerzz- 32
AWilli6995- 30
Kevin Bryan- 28
coryfly- 26
dukedevilz- 24
lurkeraspect84- 24
PA_Panther- 24
kyjeff1- 22
mikeinknoxville- 20
Necessary Roughness- 20
IUfanBorden- 20
BScott22- 20
Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 18
ExitFlagger- 16

Cumulative Scores
@AWilli6995- 283
@Kevin Bryan- 281
@GE Nole- 281
@boilerzz- 280
@rockycard- 277
@della- 274
@ExitFlagger- 273
@kyjeff1- 264
dukedevilz- 262
@BScott22- 248
@mikeinknoxville- 246
@IUfanBorden- 244
@lurkeraspect84- 241
@coryfly- 240
@Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 233
@Necessary Roughness- 231
@PA_Panther- 225
@WeAreDePaul- 192
@ThePhog08- 176
JimboBBN- 134
@KisteK- 127
duckboy33- 124
Noahtogo24- 60

Week 19 Games
Wednesday: Oklahoma vs TCU (Kansas City, MO)
Wednesday: Xavier vs Butler (New York, NY)
Wednesday: USC vs Washington (Las Vegas, NV)
Thursday: Ohio State vs Iowa (Minneapolis, MN)
Thursday: San Diego State vs UNLV (Las Vegas, NV)
Thursday: Seton Hall vs St. John's (New York, NY)

6. Washington
5. Ohio State
4. St Johns
3. TCU
2. San Diego State
1. Butler

Week 19 Games
Wednesday: Oklahoma vs TCU (Kansas City, MO)
Wednesday: Xavier vs Butler (New York, NY)
Wednesday: USC vs Washington (Las Vegas, NV)
Thursday: Ohio State vs Iowa (Minneapolis, MN)
Thursday: San Diego State vs UNLV (Las Vegas, NV)
Thursday: Seton Hall vs St. John's (New York, NY)

6. TCU
5. Seton Hall
4. Ohio State
3. Washington
2. SDSU
1. Butler

@della just so you aren't surprised, here will be the bonus points that I've used in the Round of 64 the last couple of years. This is from the 2023 Pick'Em page:

BONUS POINTS!!
Pick One Underdog that will win - and one higher seed that will lose. And feel free to put both eggs in the same basket. Last year, had you picked Saint Peters to win and Kentucky to lose, then you would have earned 14 points. But, I suspect most will diversify their picks.

Pick One Underdog for Bonus Points
9 seed that wins: earn 1 point
10 seed that wins: earn 2 points
11 seed that wins: earn 3 points
12 seed that wins: earn 4 points
13 seed that wins: earn 5 points
14 seed that wins: earn 6 points
15 seed that wins: earn 7 points
16 seed that wins: earn 8 points

Pick One Higher seed that will lose
1 seed that will lose: 8 points
2 seed that will lose: 7 points
3 seed that will lose: 6 points
4 seed that will lose: 5 points
5 seed that will lose: 4 points
6 seed that will lose: 3 points
7 seed that will lose: 2 points
8 seed that will lose: 1 point

Reactions: della
@della just so you aren't surprised, here will be the bonus points that I've used in the Round of 64 the last couple of years. This is from the 2023 Pick'Em page:

BONUS POINTS!!
Pick One Underdog that will win - and one higher seed that will lose. And feel free to put both eggs in the same basket. Last year, had you picked Saint Peters to win and Kentucky to lose, then you would have earned 14 points. But, I suspect most will diversify their picks.

Pick One Underdog for Bonus Points
9 seed that wins: earn 1 point
10 seed that wins: earn 2 points
11 seed that wins: earn 3 points
12 seed that wins: earn 4 points
13 seed that wins: earn 5 points
14 seed that wins: earn 6 points
15 seed that wins: earn 7 points
16 seed that wins: earn 8 points

Thanks Devilz, it may come as no shock, but I get ornery when surprised.

Reactions: dukedevilz
USC-Washington was evenly split among posters. 8 picked USC, and 8 picked Washington to win. USC pulled away late.

No one can deny USC's talent. If somehow USC can beat Arizona again, they've got a reasonable shot at being a bid-stealer.

• Sad
Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Is it fair for me to consult with @kyjeff1 ? He is much better at picking losers than I am. I don't want to be disqualified. TIA :p

Some good scores already piling up… assholes. I got the first 3 right too, but of course they were my 3,2,1 picks. 😡

Is it fair for me to consult with @kyjeff1 ? He is much better at picking losers than I am. I don't want to be disqualified. TIA :p
200w.gif

Some good scores already piling up… assholes. I got the first 3 right too, but of course they were my 3,2,1 picks. 😡
I'm afraid to look. Last week hurt me bad. I feel a slide coming.

It's cool though, smacking Tennessee around in their own gym helps to ease the pain.

I'm afraid to look. Last week hurt me bad. I feel a slide coming.

It's cool though, smacking Tennessee around in their own gym helps to ease the pain.
Just imagine how fun it would have been by dbl digits and with the conference race still going on.

Just imagine how fun it would have been by dbl digits and with the conference race still going on.
See you in the SECT final… which won’t mean anything since the committee has already made it painfully obvious they don’t consider Sunday games. 🤣

Reactions: della
See you in the SECT final… which won’t mean anything since the committee has already made it painfully obvious they don’t consider Sunday games. 🤣
They will consider it if t screws the SEC.

Yeah, UK gave the LSU and Florida games away, if they just took care of business, UK wins the SEC.
I'll settle for an SECT title though

Yeah, UK gave the LSU and Florida games away, if they just took care of business, UK wins the SEC.
I'll settle for an SECT title though
You UK fans are either Super cats or Mopey Cats and it can change back and forth every 5 minutes.

You UK fans are either Super cats or Mopey Cats and it can change back and forth every 5 minutes.
I wasn't doing either.
You have to admit though, it's been a rough 3 years for UK fans and when the coach creates a one-and-done culture that is part of the cause, it's frustrating.
You also have to admit that UK looks pretty good right now. So dies UT, Auburn, Florida and S Carolina. It’s a tough league.

I wasn't doing either.
You have to admit though, it's been a rough 3 years for UK fans and when the coach creates a one-and-done culture that is part of the cause, it's frustrating.
You also have to admit that UK looks pretty good right now. So dies UT, Auburn, Florida and S Carolina. It’s a tough league.
I know we would be undefeated if we hadn't lost any games. It is what it is. If you didn't have a one and done program you couldn't brag about lottery picks. There are trade offs for everyone and you just have to take the good and the bad.

Zeigler, Adiou were both 3 stars. No Vol was higher than a 4 star except James and yet they accomplished a lot in postseason accolades and won the SEC.

You have to play the hand you have and hope for the best.

I know we would be undefeated if we hadn't lost any games. It is what it is. If you didn't have a one and done program you couldn't brag about lottery picks. There are trade offs for everyone and you just have to take the good and the bad.

Zeigler, Adiou were both 3 stars. No Vol was higher than a 4 star except James and yet they accomplished a lot in postseason accolades and won the SEC.

You have to play the hand you have and hope for the best.
UK had a 15 point lead on LSU, ended up losing on a crazy tip in.

Dillingham missed a free throw in the Florida game, Florida hit a three to tie it and win in overtime. Like I said, gave those 2 games away

I don't brag about lottery picks, but I am damn impressed with Sheppard, he was a 4* recruit and an afterthought. How many guys go from 4* to #1 pick in one season? That's incredible.

Also, if a guy is going to argue and say duke's guards are better, yeah, I'm going to come back with the lottery pick fact. Rob and Reed were never supposed to be lottery picks, they got there because they are that good. I'm not bragging, just stating a fact.

UK had a 15 point lead on LSU, ended up losing on a crazy tip in.

Dillingham missed a free throw in the Florida game, Florida hit a three to tie it and win in overtime. Like I said, gave those 2 games away

I don't brag about lottery picks, but I am damn impressed with Sheppard, he was a 4* recruit and an afterthought. How many guys go from 4* to #1 pick in one season? That's incredible.

Also, if a guy is going to argue and say duke's guards are better, yeah, I'm going to come back with the lottery pick fact. Rob and Reed were never supposed to be lottery picks, they got there because they are that good. I'm not bragging, just stating a fact.
Jeff,

You are pretty reasonable. I was talking UK fans in general. You know, Knecht was a 4 star transfer. Anywho, I know we can win or lose to anyone on a given night. I think that is pretty true for everyone. The SEC is pretty good in their top 5 teams.

Jeff,

You are pretty reasonable. I was talking UK fans in general. You know, Knecht was a 4 star transfer. Anywho, I know we can win or lose to anyone on a given night. I think that is pretty true for everyone. The SEC is pretty good in their top 5 teams.
Yeah, Knecht was a 4* and he took a huge leap this year, but he's a senior. Definitely impressive, but I've never seen a kid do it in one season like Reed has and if he was on any other roster, I would be just as impressed. Kid looks like he's 13 years old.

Yeah, Knecht was a 4* and he took a huge leap this year, but he's a senior. Definitely impressive, but I've never seen a kid do it in one season like Reed has and if he was on any other roster, I would be just as impressed. Kid looks like he's 13 years old.
Btw, sorry for teasing you about the pick em. I just couldn't contain myself.

6-TCU
5-Xavier
4- Wshington...
3-Iowa
2- SD State
1--St Johns.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

BONUS:

14- WIN
3- LOSE

Yes, I am that guy

• Haha
I believe he went in for surgery, not positive about that.
I'll take his wins if he doesn't show up. Why not, someone has to and it's a federal law.
Man, you're such a good friend.....

My wife is having surgery on Friday to help with seizures. Been busy with that, work, and baseball meetings.

Reactions: kyjeff1

A 3-win DePaul team almost pulled off a shocker last night. @WeAreDePaul

this is waht I wrote in the other thread...

that was crazy. Gonna need @dukedevilz to confirm this, but I believe if DePaul had won it would've been the biggest upset in NCAA basketball history. Let's look at the facts. They were winless in conference AND they lost 2 games to Villanova by a combined 82 points. I refuse to believe there has ever been a team with that resume that has gone out and beat the other team. And throw in that it was a must win game for Villanova.

this is waht I wrote in the other thread...

that was crazy. Gonna need @dukedevilz to confirm this, but I believe if DePaul had won it would've been the biggest upset in NCAA basketball history. Let's look at the facts. They were winless in conference AND they lost 2 games to Villanova by a combined 82 points. I refuse to believe there has ever been a team with that resume that has gone out and beat the other team. And throw in that it was a must win game for Villanova.

Sadly, I think Duke owns the record for losing a game with the biggest spread. We were favored to beat SF Austin by 28 points and lost at the buzzer. Though, no one really knew how good that SFA team was going to be. They finished the season at 28-3.

The spread last night was 24.5 points, which is certainly substantial, and probably would have been in the top 10 of all-time upsets. But let's not forget, Nova lost to three Big 5 schools earlier in the year, all sub-100 teams: Penn, St. Joseph's, and Drexel. Nova had some good results this year - and they also had a lot of head-scratching games. They're a mixed bag.

Biggest upset in college basketball history, in my mind, has got to be #1 Virginia and Ralph Sampson losing to Chaminade.

Sadly, I think Duke owns the record for losing a game with the biggest spread. We were favored to beat SF Austin by 28 points and lost at the buzzer. Though, no one really knew how good that SFA team was going to be. They finished the season at 28-3.

The spread last night was 24.5 points, which is certainly substantial, and probably would have been in the top 10 of all-time upsets. But let's not forget, Nova lost to three Big 5 schools earlier in the year, all sub-100 teams: Penn, St. Joseph's, and Drexel. Nova had some good results this year - and they also had a lot of head-scratching games. They're a mixed bag.

Biggest upset in college basketball history, in my mind, has got to be #1 Virginia and Ralph Sampson losing to Chaminade.
I don't know, when you factor in the part about them already playing twice and losing by a combined 80+ points that pushes what almost happened last night to the front of the class.

I believe there were some extenuating circumstances revolving around that Chaminade win, but can't remember them off hand. Remember reading an article about it and maybre Virginia wasn't ready to play the game something like that.

I don't know, when you factor in the part about them already playing twice and losing by a combined 80+ points that pushes what almost happened last night to the front of the class.

I believe there were some extenuating circumstances revolving around that Chaminade win, but can't remember them off hand. Remember reading an article about it and maybre Virginia wasn't ready to play the game something like that.

You might be right.

I will say before the start of one of the games last night, the guys in the ESPN studio were talking to Lunardi about how some bubble teams losing now would essentially seal their fate. Lunardi, on his own, entertained the idea of Nova losing to DePaul, but then he quickly added, "But, that's next to impossible."

You might be right.

I will say before the start of one of the games last night, the guys in the ESPN studio were talking to Lunardi about how some bubble teams losing now would essentially seal their fate. Lunardi, on his own, entertained the idea of Nova losing to DePaul, but then he quickly added, "But, that's next to impossible."
I wonder if there's ever been a team that went winless in conference and then won a game in the conf tourney vs a team they had been blown out by 40+ points in both previous meetings.

ADVERTISEMENT