ADVERTISEMENT

2022-23 Pick'Em, Final Week! (Double-Points!!!)

Week 16 Games
Tuesday: Baylor at Kansas State
Tuesday: Tennessee at Texas A&M
Tuesday: Indiana at Michigan State
Saturday: San Diego State at New Mexico
Saturday: Virginia at North Carolina
Sunday: Rutgers at Penn State

12 - Texas A&M
10 - San Diego State
8 - Baylor
6 - Penn State
4 - North Carolina
2 - Michigan State

Damn, double points week with three Tuesday starts is tough. Work had me on the road yesterday and today. Let me know if I did the point allocations wrong @dukedevilz

12 - Penn State
10 - UVA
8 - Michigan State
6 - San Diego State
4 - missed it
2 - missed it

Reactions: mikeinknoxville

12 Rutgers
10 Tennessee
8 Indiana
6 Virginia
4 Baylor
2 SDSU

Picking all the road teams because I'm a dumbass but nothing else has worked for me this season. May as well crash and burn at this point. I originally had KSU over Baylor but changed it when I realized I picked the road team in the other five games. 🤣

Like I said....

crash-burn.gif

12 Rutgers
10 Tennessee
8 Indiana
6 Virginia
4 Baylor
2 SDSU

Picking all the road teams because I'm a dumbass but nothing else has worked for me this season. May as well crash and burn at this point. I originally had KSU over Baylor but changed it when I realized I picked the road team in the other five games. 🤣
Welp, so far it’s not working 😀

12: Penn State
10: Kansas State
8: Michigan State
6: New Mexico
4: Virginia
2: Texas A&M

3-0 so far this week for 20 points. Pretty sure that's more points than my last double points week across all 6 games. Looking forward to going 0-3 on Saturday because I don't deserve good things.

Damn, double points week with three Tuesday starts is tough. Work had me on the road yesterday and today. Let me know if I did the point allocations wrong @dukedevilz

12 - Penn State
10 - UVA
8 - Michigan State
6 - San Diego State
4 - missed it
2 - missed it

This is true. Looks like there was a 34-hour window, which isn't much (9 AM Mon - 7 PM Tue). I know there was one other time in the season where there was a small window - I posted the games on Sunday and we had a Maui game or two the next day (Monday afternoon, no less). I offered some later games during the week as an alternative.

My typical standard is to post the games Monday morning, and the earliest possible games will be Tuesday. Here's what I'll offer. I'm okay with you getting one bonus game if you can you get 4 other posters to endorse this option - either by liking this post, or explicitly stating they're okay with you getting an additional game.

But, the 12 & 10 point games are nixed. So right now, your picks are worth 8-6-4-2. The additional game would be worth 10 points.... And I'd probably try to find the most 50-50 contest out there.

12 - Texas A&M
10 - San Diego State
8 - Baylor
6 - Penn State
4 - North Carolina
2 - Michigan State
only person with the guts, courage, forsight, geniusness to pick TAMU at 12 points. No wonder this guy's running away with it this year.

Are you also going to pat yourself on the back for your Baylor pick?
I'm getting around to it...

I'll make up for that one later in the week. I talked up Drew all week in the Bill Self Kansas fan circle jerk thread and this is how he repays me?

This is true. Looks like there was a 34-hour window, which isn't much (9 AM Mon - 7 PM Tue). I know there was one other time in the season where there was a small window - I posted the games on Sunday and we had a Maui game or two the next day (Monday afternoon, no less). I offered some later games during the week as an alternative.

My typical standard is to post the games Monday morning, and the earliest possible games will be Tuesday. Here's what I'll offer. I'm okay with you getting one bonus game if you can you get 4 other posters to endorse this option - either by liking this post, or explicitly stating they're okay with you getting an additional game.

But, the 12 & 10 point games are nixed. So right now, your picks are worth 8-6-4-2. The additional game would be worth 10 points.... And I'd probably try to find the most 50-50 contest out there.
I'm good with it.

I'm good with it.

Mike is the first person to express an opinion on this matter. Obviously GE Nole can't get 4 votes if people don't say anything. Since nobody is saying anything, I feel like I need to tweak the voting format. Everyone has until midnight tomorrow. If the majority of those who vote are okay with GE Nole getting a bonus game (i.e. he's currently winning the vote 1-0), then I'll allow it. If the vote is tied, then I'll be the tie-breaker.

@WeAreDePaul @rockycard @ExitFlagger @jhmossy @lurkeraspect84

Everything tells me to switch it up and go against the, but I've come this long so everyone could measure against them. Maybe next year I'll go 100% opposite.

Mike is the first person to express an opinion on this matter. Obviously GE Nole can't get 4 votes if people don't say anything. Since nobody is saying anything, I feel like I need to tweak the voting format. Everyone has until midnight tomorrow. If the majority of those who vote are okay with GE Nole getting a bonus game (i.e. he's currently winning the vote 1-0), then I'll allow it. If the vote is tied, then I'll be the tie-breaker.

It’s fine by me. It’s literally a free pickem contest. I’m not too worried about it lol

He should’ve used the Virginia at Boston College game, I would’ve racked up the points.

I essentially predicted a UVA loss in the ACC thread. Didn’t expect a blowout but you can’t play with fire against horrible teams like Louisville and Notre Dame and expect to keep getting away with it.

Good by me. Will make my victory that much sweeter with all these rules being instituted mid season clearly designed at knocking me off the top of the standings. I feel like Lew Alcinder when the league outlawed dunking.

Good by me. Will make my victory that much sweeter with all these rules being instituted mid season clearly designed at knocking me off the top of the standings. I feel like Lew Alcinder when the league outlawed dunking.

I'm +6 on you this week, meaning I'm actually beating you right now.

standings say I"m +5 on you. You know something I don't? I take it you did the math on eliminating the bad week from everyone's score.

I'm saying when you include the scores so far this week, where I'm at 20 and you're at 14, that would put me at +1.

I'm saying when you include the scores so far this week, where I'm at 20 and you're at 14, that would put me at +1.
ahh, I got you. Week's not over, let's not get carried away about the scores right now. If SD State and UNC win you're right back there eating my dust.

@GE Nole okay you have enough votes now.

TCU @ Texas Tech will be the 10 point game for you.

Thanks, fellas. And thank you, DD, for initiating this.

Great game choice. True toss up. Give me TCU for the 10 points.

Even better, I’m popping my Vegas virginity this weekend so maybe I’ll throw down $50 on TCU so it’s really a big win if they do it!

Even better, I’m popping my Vegas virginity this weekend so maybe I’ll throw down $50 on TCU so it’s really a big win if they do it!
Damn, you F'd up. Tech is fighting for a tourney spot. We will not lose this game.

Cumulative Scores
@WeAreDePaul- 228
dukedevilz- 223
@rockycard- 220
@GE Nole- 213
@ExitFlagger- 210
@mikeinknoxville- 210
@jhmossy- 203
@lurkeraspect84- 200
@duckboy33- 198
@AWilli6995- 195
@Necessary Roughness- 194
@IUfanBorden- 187
@Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 186
@MGC_07- 186
@ThePhog08- 185
@Kevin Bryan- 179
@PA_Panther- 178
@coryfly- 165
@KisteK- 132
hailtoyourvictor- 116
Noahtogo24- 77
JimboBBN- 48
BasketBallJunkie-UK- 38

Okay, here are the lowest weekly point totals. I think @ExitFlagger has benefited the most. Didn't lose any points, and he's now only 11 points behind in the leaderboard.

Lowest Scores, Through Week 15
mikeinknoxville- 10
GE Nole- 8
PA_Panther- 8
WeAreDePaul- 7
dukedevilz- 6
AWilli6995- 6
Necessary Roughness- 6
jhmossy- 5
lurkeraspect84- 5
Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 4
rockycard- 3
duckboy33- 3
Kevin Bryan- 3
coryfly- 2

New adjusted cumulative scores
@WeAreDePaul- 221
dukedevilz- 217
@rockycard- 217
@ExitFlagger- 210
@GE Nole- 205
@mikeinknoxville- 200
@jhmossy- 198
@lurkeraspect84- 195
@duckboy33- 195
@AWilli6995- 189
@Necessary Roughness- 188
@IUfanBorden- 187
@MGC_07- 186
@ThePhog08- 185
@Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 182
@Kevin Bryan- 176
@PA_Panther- 170
@coryfly- 163
@KisteK- 132
hailtoyourvictor- 116
Noahtogo24- 77
JimboBBN- 48
BasketBallJunkie-UK- 38

mikeinknoxville- 10
GE Nole- 8
PA_Panther- 8
WeAreDePaul- 7
dukedevilz- 6
AWilli6995- 6
Necessary Roughness- 6
jhmossy- 5
lurkeraspect84- 5
Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 4
rockycard- 3
duckboy33- 3
Kevin Bryan- 3
coryfly- 2

Being consistently mediocre isn't working out as planned....

mikeinknoxville- 10
GE Nole- 8
PA_Panther- 8
WeAreDePaul- 7
dukedevilz- 6
AWilli6995- 6
Necessary Roughness- 6
jhmossy- 5
lurkeraspect84- 5
Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 4
rockycard- 3
duckboy33- 3
Kevin Bryan- 3
coryfly- 2

Being consistently mediocre isn't working out as planned....
mediocre? You're the only person who's been double digits every week. That's something to hang your hat on when end up finishing in in 5th place.

@GE Nole okay you have enough votes now.

TCU @ Texas Tech will be the 10 point game for you.

I blame you 2 for this loss. Uncalled for!

Prince Dislike GIF

Having a triple point week on the last week should be looked at.... in other news Tennessee finds a way to beat SCar by 40.. have they got a March run in them?

ADVERTISEMENT