ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 College Basketball Draft, FINAL STANDINGS

I ran a poll on our home board, and I’m going to take the guy that 70% of our fanbase expects to be our leading scorer, Rocket Watts.

Now that all the MSU guys have been taken, I think Henry is ranked too high generally by the media and I think Rocket or Hauser is going to be our leading scorer. Rocket once he finally got healthy to end the year was averaging around 17 a game, all in wins. Im really high on him. I’m expecting 15 a game from him this year and if MSU is solid he could get some postseason recognition. It could be a reach but we drop 2 players anyways. And I think he has high potential.

I really really liked Rocket Watts as a recruit. I thought he would have thrived in FSU’s system. But obviously I get why he picked y’all.

I really really liked Rocket Watts as a recruit. I thought he would have thrived in FSU’s system. But obviously I get why he picked y’all.
As president of the Rocket Watts fan club, and I am excited to see him run PG for us. Even though the percentages may not show it, he’s en elite shooter, he was just injured for the first half of the year or recovering from it and he does take some bad shots. If we run our offense around him and allow him to attack and initiate offense and run screens for him, I think he could score a lot of points. Hopefully he can also be a good passer for us though and takes less bad shots.

I love watching you guys play. I always try to catch an FSU game when it’s on. You guys always just have long athletes and really spread around the ball. It’s just good basketball. Fun to watch.

Reactions: GE Nole
How in the **** is Charlie Moore still in college. Are you gonna tell me Jaquan Lyle is entering his 8th year as well.

Reactions: dukedevilz
How in the **** is Charlie Moore still in college. Are you gonna tell me Jaquan Lyle is entering his 8th year as well.

lol right. JaQuan Lyle actually had one year of eligibility left, but he decided to turn pro, I assume mostly because of his age. He'll be 25 in a couple months. That New Mexico team last year was oozing with talent. But man, did they have some serious behavioral issues.

Draft is now complete. Let me know if I got anything wrong.

2020-21-Draft.png

2020-21-Draft1.png

Reactions: Jaycg15
Here are my picks, excluding myself, on the upcoming season.

1. GE Nole
2. jwill133
3. boilerzz
4. MGC_07
5. JimboBBN
6. hailtoyourvicotr
7. Jaycg15
8. WeAreDePaul
9. WojoRising

And here's who I'd have on the All-Snub Team
1st Team
Quade Green, Washington
Jaden Shackelford, Alabama
Keith Williams, Cincinnati
Matt Mitchell, San Diego State
Douglas Wilson, South Dakota State

2nd Team
Javion Hamlet, North Texas
Kendric Davis, SMU
Myreon Jones, Penn State
Aamir Sims, Clemson
Micah Potter, Wisconsin

3rd Team
Isaiah Stevens, Colorado State
Matt Bradley, California
Jhivvan Jackson, UTSA
Austin Reaves, Oklahoma
Moussa Cisse, Memphis

HM:
AJ Lawson, South Carolina
Sharife Cooper, Auburn
Bryce Aiken, Seton Hall
Aaron Wiggins, Maryland
Nick Muszynski, Belmont
Derrick Alston, Boise State
Davion Mitchell, Baylor
Jalen Pickett, Siena
Jason Preston, Ohio
Alexis Yetna, South Florida

Reactions: JimboBBN
My completely uneducated predictions that are certain to be wrong:

Best team - @GE Nole , Runner-up - @MGC_07
Worst team - @hailtoyourvictor, Runner-up - @JimboBBN
Best value pick - Derek Culver (WVU) by @JimboBBN, Runner-up - Yves Pons (Tennessee) by @boilerzz
Biggest reach - Jay Huff (Virginia) by @WeAreDePaul, Runner-up - Marcus Carr (Minnesota) by @dukedevilz
Eh, I regret a few of my picks. I’m not sure I’m number 2.

I think after looking into it more I regret the Petty pick. His backcourt teammate was actually better in the SEC, Petty just put up big stats on the cupcake games.

My completely uneducated predictions that are certain to be wrong:

Best team - @GE Nole , Runner-up - @MGC_07
Worst team - @hailtoyourvictor, Runner-up - @JimboBBN
Best value pick - Derek Culver (WVU) by @JimboBBN, Runner-up - Yves Pons (Tennessee) by @boilerzz
Biggest reach - Jay Huff (Virginia) by @WeAreDePaul, Runner-up - Marcus Carr (Minnesota) by @dukedevilz

Interesting. I think the Huff pick is accurate. And I can understand the hesitancy for Carr. But, I think Minnesota is going to surprise some people, and I expect Carr to be the go-to guy. They finished 27th in the KenPom ranks last year, and they bring in 3 quality transfers, 2 which were all-league, and one who was a double-digit scorer at Utah. B1G is so tough, so they could just as easily finish 11th or 12th in the conference. And for that reason, he was the only Big Ten player I drafted.

Here's how I'd rank the low and high value picks:
Best Value
1. Caleb Mills, Houston - Jaycg15
2. Yves Pons, Tennessee - boilerzz
3. Jayden Gardner, East Carolina - dukedevilz
4. Trendon Watford, LSU - hailtoyourvictor
5. Matthetw Hurt, Duke - GE Nole

Worst Value
1. Jay Huff, Virginia - WeAreDePaul
2. Terrence Clarke, Kentucky - JimboBBN
3. Caleb Love, North Carolina - WeAreDePaul
4. Jalen Suggs, Gonzaga - boilerzz
5. Franz Wagner, Michigan - hailtoyourvictor

I think @GE Nole has the highest ceiling. Cade Cunningham and Remy Martin have a very, very good shot at making one of the All-American teams. Matthew Hurt could easily be the #1 guy at Duke, which would make him a good candidate for All-American honors, as well. Fulkerson was the #1 guy last year for Tennessee, and they are borderline top 10. So yeah, GE Nole's team looks really solid going into the season.

Reactions: Jaycg15 and MGC_07
Here are my picks, excluding myself, on the upcoming season.

1. GE Nole
2. jwill133
3. boilerzz
4. MGC_07
5. JimboBBN
6. hailtoyourvicotr
7. Jaycg15
8. WeAreDePaul
9. WojoRising

1st Team
Quade Green, Washington

2nd Team
Javion Hamlet, North Texas
Kendric Davis, SMU
Myreon Jones, Penn State
Aamir Sims, Clemson
Micah Potter, Wisconsin

3rd Team
Isaiah Stevens, Colorado State
Matt Bradley, California
Jhivvan Jackson, UTSA
Austin Reaves, Oklahoma
Moussa Cisse, Memphis

HM:
AJ Lawson, South Carolina
Sharife Cooper, Auburn
Bryce Aiken, Seton Hall
Aaron Wiggins, Maryland
Nick Muszynski, Belmont
Derrick Alston, Boise State
Davion Mitchell, Baylor
Jalen Pickett, Siena
Jason Preston, Ohio
Alexis Yetna, South Florida

Dayummm pretty sure I had aj Lawson last year lmao.

I’ll probably be last but that’s fine. You all definitely know more players than I do haha

I think you did pretty well, to be honest. You got the #1 guy for Kansas and North Carolina. Possibly the #2 guy for Kentucky. All-Conference type players in Javonte Smart, Trevion Williams, and Derek Culver. AJ Green will compete for CPOY in the MVC. I'm not really crazy about the Terrence Clarke pick, as I think his shooting is suspect. But, he's highly rated, so maybe his potential will come through. The Keion Brooks pick looks like a waste to me, but other than that, you made a lot of outstanding selections.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Dayummm pretty sure I had aj Lawson last year lmao.

I had Lawson at #62 in my 2019-20 preseason rankings; he slipped to #104 in my latest rankings. Had an exceptional freshmen year, which I thought made him a potential breakout start in 2020. But, his sophomore and freshmen seasons were almost identical. So, that makes me question his ceiling.

Eh, I regret a few of my picks. I’m not sure I’m number 2.

I think after looking into it more I regret the Petty pick. His backcourt teammate was actually better in the SEC, Petty just put up big stats on the cupcake games.

You talking about Jaden Shackelford? Man, I was looking at him closely since about Round 6. Almost pulled the trigger in Round 7 & 8. Part me just worried Alabama is going to be an average team, and that would drag down his Win Shares/Postseason Awards. Bama was 60th in KenPom in 2020 and they lost their best player in Kira Lewis. Part me feels like Alabama has the capability of being a top 25 team this year.

You talking about Jaden Shackelford? Man, I was looking at him closely since about Round 6. Almost pulled the trigger in Round 7 & 8. Part me just worried Alabama is going to be an average team, and that would drag down his Win Shares/Postseason Awards. Bama was 60th in KenPom in 2020 and they lost their best player in Kira Lewis. Part me feels like Alabama has the capability of being a top 25 team this year.
Yeah, him. I have a buddy who went to Bama and he told me after the fact that he thinks Shackelford will be there best player. He was far better and more consistent down the stretch.

I’m hoping he’s wrong but I’m leaning towards that Petty pick will bite me in the ass when guys like Trendon Watford were still on the board.

What are the rules when it comes to dropping and picking up players? If they sustain a serious injury or suspension before any games are played you are allowed to drop them and pick up someone else, correct?

wow, lots of disrespect for my team and Jay Huff. Lots of bulletin board material for my guys.

I think Huff is good enough to be 2nd Team All-Conference. He could also be Conference DPOY, which is equivalent to 1st Team. I'd just be worried he'll only be UVA's #3 option. You also took 4 freshmen with your first 6 picks; that's super, super risky. It's possible you'll look like a genius with 1 or 2 of those freshmen, but the downside is 1 or 2 of those guys might miss out on earning all-conference honors altogether. Judging by the results of previous draft, the latter is more likely.

What are the rules when it comes to dropping and picking up players? If they sustain a serious injury or suspension before any games are played you are allowed to drop them and pick up someone else, correct?
I think that is what we did last year.

I think Huff is good enough to be 2nd Team All-Conference. He could also be Conference DPOY, which is equivalent to 1st Team. I'd just be worried he'll only be UVA's #3 option. You also took 4 freshmen with your first 6 picks; that's super, super risky. It's possible you'll look like a genius with 1 or 2 of those freshmen, but the downside is 1 or 2 of those guys might miss out on earning all-conference honors altogether. Judging by the results of previous draft, the latter is more likely.

Let's not forget you're talking about the draft guru who discovered Obi Toppin.

Yeah, him. I have a buddy who went to Bama and he told me after the fact that he thinks Shackelford will be there best player. He was far better and more consistent down the stretch.

I’m hoping he’s wrong but I’m leaning towards that Petty pick will bite me in the ass when guys like Trendon Watford were still on the board.

At one point my plan was to take the latter of John Petty or Jaden Shackelford (thought about doing the same with GT's Michael Devoe/Jose Alvarado combo). I figure I'd get better value with the second pick. Shackelford is probably the guy I thought about the most that didn't get drafted. And he absolutely deserves a spot on the all-snub team.

1st Team
Quade Green, Washington

You can drop a player and take a supplemental pick, if the injury/suspension occurs before the start of the season. Afterwards, it's likely that some players will get injured, but fortunately we're only scoring 8 guys, so that should give everyone a little breathing room.

You're not planning on injuring one of your players so that you can draft Shackelford, are you?

Let's not forget you're talking about the draft guru who discovered Obi Toppin

It was the best selection in the history of our drafts, I'll give you that.

But, it's not like Obi Toppin was an unknown. I had him ranked in my preseason top 100 players.

At one point my plan was to take the latter of John Petty or Jaden Shackelford (thought about doing the same with GT's Michael Devoe/Jose Alvarado combo). I figure I'd get better value with the second pick. Shackelford is probably the guy I thought about the most that didn't get drafted. And he absolutely deserves a spot on the all-snub team.

You can drop a player and take a supplemental pick, if the injury/suspension occurs before the start of the season. Afterwards, it's likely that some players will get injured, but fortunately we're only scoring 8 guys, so that should give everyone a little breathing room.

You're not planning on injuring one of your players so that you can draft Shackelford, are you?
I’ve already reported a COVID violation on Timmy Allen. It’s the PAC 12, I’m sure he’ll be out for a while.

I’ve already reported a COVID misconduct on Timmy Allen. It’s the PAC 12, I’m sure he’ll be out for a while.

lol I do worry about the Pac-12. Don't think it would be surprising if they end up cancelling several games once cases start rolling in.

lol I do worry about the Pac-12. Don't think it would be surprising if they end up cancelling several games once cases start rolling in.
I definitely thought about that when making the Da Silva pick (my only Pac 12 pick). It's also one of the reasons I didn't take Quade Green.

Well dang, appreciate all the love. Need to make sure my guys don’t start reading their press clippings too much. The reality is, who knows with COVID. Any team misses 4-5 games and those players could be dinged pretty badly.

The Pac 12 concerns are real. Remy was too good of value to pass up, but he’s the only one I took from that league.

@dukedevilz after teams are fully finalized (after any preseason replacement picks happen) we should make a 10 man team from the undrafted list just for fun.

Here's a breakdown of the players drafted, by conference. Not surprisingly, the Big Ten had the most, with 16 players taken. Pac-12 barely had more players taken than the Atlantic 10. MWC had 6 KenPom teams in the top 100 last season, but only had a single player drafted.

Big Ten (16):
1. Luka Garza, Iowa
7. Ayo Dosunmu, Illinois
12. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
23. Kofi Cockburn, Illinois
24. Franz Wagner, Michigan
30. Aaron Henry, Michigan State
35. Marcus Carr, Minnesota
48. Trevion Williams, Purdue
64. Isaiah Livers, Michigan
70. Ron Harper, Rutgers
71. Seth Towns, Ohio State
80. Joey Hauser, Michigan State
87. Joe Wieskamp, Iowa
88. Justise Sueing, Ohio State
92. Nate Reuvers, Wisconsin
98. Rocket Watts, Michigan State

ACC (14):
5. Sam Hauser, Virginia
13. Garrison Brooks, North Carolina
18. Jalen Johnson, Duke
20. Scottie Barnes, Florida State
21. Jay Huff, Virginia
25. Matthew Hurt, Duke
31. Kihei Clark, Virginia
40. Caleb Love, North Carolina
43. David Johnson, Louisville
58. Wendell Moore, Duke
63. Michael Devoe, Georgia Tech
65. Jose Alvarado, Georgia Tech
90. DJ Funderburk, NC State
99. Carlik Jones, Louisville

Big XII (12):
2. Jared Butler. Baylor
4. Cade Cunningham, Oklahoma State
8. Marcus Garrett, Kansas
10. Oscar Tshiebwe, West Virginia
39. MaCio Teague, Baylor
49. Ochai Agbaji, Kansas
52. Mac McClung, Texas Tech
59. Brady Manek, Oklahoma
68. Derek Culver, West Virginia
83. Matt Coleman, Texas
91. Greg Brown, Texas
94. Terrence Shannon, Texas Tech

SEC (12):
9. BJ Boston, Kentucky
15. Keyonate Johnson, Florida
28. Terrence Clarke, Kentucky
33. Javonte Smart, LSU
36. John Fulkerson, Tennessee
42. John Petty, Alabama
44. Trendon Watford, LSU
47. Yves Pons, Tennessee
51. Scottie Lewis, Florida
73. Keion Brooks, Kentucky
79. Jaden Springer, Tennessee
95. Keon Johnson, Tennessee

Big East (11):
3. Marcus Zegarowski, Creighton
6. Collin Gillespie, Villanova
11. Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Villanova
19. James Bouknight, UConn
32. DJ Carton, Marquette
45. Sandro Mamukelashvili, Seton Hall
54. Mitchell Ballock, Creighton
56. David Duke, Providence
76. Paul Scruggs, Xavier
86. Justin Moore, Villanova
100. Charlie Moore, DePaul

Pac 12 (10):
16. Remy Martin, Arizona State
17. Evan Mobley, USC
27. Oscar da Silva, Stanford
29. McKinley Wright, Colorado
38. Chris Smith, UCLA
41. Ziaire Williams, Stanford
55. Will Richardson, Oregon
57. James Akinjo Arizona
60. Josh Christopher, Arizona State
82. Timmy Allen, Utah

Atlantic 10 (7):
14. Jalen Crutcher, Dayton
37. Jordan Goodwin, Saint Louis
50. Fatts Russell, Rhode Island
66. Jacob Gilyard, Richmond
72. Kellan Grady, Davidson
77. Kyle Lofton, Saint Bonaventure
84. Tre Mitchell, Massachusetts

WCC (5):
22. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
26. Corey Kispert, Gonzaga
34. Jalen Suggs, Gonzaga
74. Joel Ayayi, Gonzaga
78. Colbey Ross, Pepperdine

American Athletic (4):
67. Quentin Grimes, Houston
69. Landers Nolley, Memphis
75. Jayden Gardner, East Carolina
89. Caleb Mills, Houston

MAC (3):
62. Loren Jackson, Akron
93. Justin Turner, Bowling Green
97. Marreon Jackson, Toledo

Missouri Valley (2):
53. AJ Green, Northern Iowa
81. Cameron Krutwig, Northern Iowa

Other (4):
46. Terry Taylor, Austin Peay
61. Charles Bassey, Western Kentucky
85. Isaiah Miller, UNCG
96. Neemias Queta, Utah State

Well dang, appreciate all the love. Need to make sure my guys don’t start reading their press clippings too much. The reality is, who knows with COVID. Any team misses 4-5 games and those players could be dinged pretty badly.

The Pac 12 concerns are real. Remy was too good of value to pass up, but he’s the only one I took from that league.

@dukedevilz after teams are fully finalized (after any preseason replacement picks happen) we should make a 10 man team from the undrafted list just for fun.

Yeah, I suspect the Pac-12 tendency to cancel/postpone is a big reason why Remy fell so far. I ultimately passed on him in the second round. It was tough to not to take him because he's a legit 1st Team All-American candidate. But yes, he's absolutely worth the value at pick #16.

I'm game for doing a 10-man JV type team. It seems like a few might be experiencing fatigue from the draft, but were you suggesting picking one-by-one - or just whoever wants, make a single post of 10 players that haven't been drafted?

Yeah, I suspect the Pac-12 tendency to cancel/postpone is a big reason why Remy fell so far. I ultimately passed on him in the second round. It was tough to not to take him because he's a legit 1st Team All-American candidate. But yes, he's absolutely worth the value at pick #16.

I'm game for doing a 10-man JV type team. It seems like a few might be experiencing fatigue from the draft, but were you suggesting picking one-by-one - or just whoever wants, make a single post of 10 players that haven't been drafted?

Yeah I was just thinking we sort of hash out a team. Not another draft.

That's how I feel about my team. Not many guys to root for which is what I explicitly said was how I was going to create my team.
Every pick seemed so...logical, and I’m hoping that pays dividends in the end. But man, it looks ugly.

Reactions: Jaycg15
ADVERTISEMENT