ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 College Basketball Draft, FINAL STANDINGS

DD, I think I finished third in both of the leagues you ran this year. Can’t complain but would love to snag a win next year.

Thanks for running this and pick em league. Brings a lot of good content to this board and keeps me informed with players and teams around the country. I’m looking forward to them for next year, although it might be time to stop wasting a pick on MSU player our insiders over hype. I’ve done it twice now.

I do think it’s worth noting that, unlike a lot of people (@WeAreDePaul), I actually performed at or above my draft position

Haha nice.

He had some solid picks after Garza, especially Krutwig, Bassey, and Huff. But, he blew his chances with all of the freshmen. Caleb Love was a wasted pick. Ziaire Williams and Josh Christopher combined for 1.7 points. To put that into perspective, I had Keyonate Johnson who only played 4 games and Will Richardson, who didn't play a single game until February - and they combined for 2.0 points.

Looks like my hatred for all things Iowa almost cost me the title. I dropped Weiskamp, who it appears had 7.1 points, in favor of Pons, who ended up with 4.7.

It appears that every player I kept made 1st team All conference except Pons. That's pretty solid.

If I had drafted the right f’in Michigan player.....

Haha right. Livers and Wagner were HM All-American, though. Those were two good value picks. Don't think anyone foresaw Dickinson being that good, that early. I do remember him besting Evan Mobley in a HS game last year, but hard to give more weight to one game over what many of the recruiting gurus were projecting.

Reactions: MGC_07
DD, I think I finished third in both of the leagues you ran this year. Can’t complain but would love to snag a win next year.

Thanks for running this and pick em league. Brings a lot of good content to this board and keeps me informed with players and teams around the country. I’m looking forward to them for next year, although it might be time to stop wasting a pick on MSU player our insiders over hype. I’ve done it twice now.

Thanks, MGC! I appreciate it. And glad to have you aboard for these challenges! I think this draft is becoming more competitive, which is a good thing. The titles mean more. Already excited about doing this again next season!

Reactions: MGC_07
Interesting. I think the Huff pick is accurate. And I can understand the hesitancy for Carr. But, I think Minnesota is going to surprise some people, and I expect Carr to be the go-to guy. They finished 27th in the KenPom ranks last year, and they bring in 3 quality transfers, 2 which were all-league, and one who was a double-digit scorer at Utah. B1G is so tough, so they could just as easily finish 11th or 12th in the conference. And for that reason, he was the only Big Ten player I drafted.

Here's how I'd rank the low and high value picks:
Best Value
1. Caleb Mills, Houston - Jaycg15
2. Yves Pons, Tennessee - boilerzz
3. Jayden Gardner, East Carolina - dukedevilz
4. Trendon Watford, LSU - hailtoyourvictor
5. Matthetw Hurt, Duke - GE Nole

Worst Value
1. Jay Huff, Virginia - WeAreDePaul
2. Terrence Clarke, Kentucky - JimboBBN
3. Caleb Love, North Carolina - WeAreDePaul
4. Jalen Suggs, Gonzaga - boilerzz
5. Franz Wagner, Michigan - hailtoyourvictor

I think @GE Nole has the highest ceiling. Cade Cunningham and Remy Martin have a very, very good shot at making one of the All-American teams. Matthew Hurt could easily be the #1 guy at Duke, which would make him a good candidate for All-American honors, as well. Fulkerson was the #1 guy last year for Tennessee, and they are borderline top 10. So yeah, GE Nole's team looks really solid going into the season.

ya'll ripped on my Jay Huff pick, yet he ended up HM honorable AA. He ended up with same points as teammate Hauser who @dukedevilz picked in the 1st round!

The the immortal words of Toby Keith, how do you like me now!

Also, never mind that I passed on Timme to pick Huff, it was still a good pick in the 3rd round.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ya'll ripped on my Jay Huff pick, yet he ended up HM honorable AA. He ended up with same points as teammate Hauser who @dukedevilz picked in the 1st round!

The the immortal words of Toby Keith, how do you like me now!

Also, never mind that I passed on Timme to pick Huff, it was still a good pick in the 3rd round.

Yes, well I also took the 2nd most valuable player in Round 3. My mistake was taking Hauser over Ayo Dosunmu. My gut instinct was Ayo. Then I talked myself out of it, reminding myself that UVA was 2nd in the ACC last year with little to no offensive talent, and Ayo had to compete against quite a few guys in his own conference just to make 1st Team. But, that's what make things interesting. Would be boring if everything we predicted came to fruition.

My worst valued picks are interesting. I was dead-on with Terrence Clarke and Caleb Love. Huff clearly outperformed expectations. Good on him. Suggs I never saw as overrated as far as production/talent, but was worried he might only get all-conference honors in a lower conference, meaning possibly 2-3 points. Thought Timme/Kispert would have larger roles, which was kind of true... And Wagner. A good season for him, not crazy dominant. Was worried he might be the 2nd option and be relegated to simply 2nd or 3rd Team All-Conference honors.

Yes, well I also took the 2nd most valuable player in Round 3. My mistake was taking Hauser over Ayo Dosunmu. My gut instinct was Ayo. Then I talked myself out of it, reminding myself that UVA was 2nd in the ACC last year with little to no offensive talent, and Ayo had to compete against quite a few guys in his own conference just to make 1st Team. But, that's what make things interesting. Would be boring if everything we predicted came to fruition.

My worst valued picks are interesting. I was dead-on with Terrence Clarke and Caleb Love. Huff clearly outperformed expectations. Good on him. Suggs I never saw as overrated as far as production/talent, but was worried he might only get all-conference honors in a lower conference, meaning possibly 2-3 points. Thought Timme/Kispert would have larger roles, which was kind of true... And Wagner. A good season for him, not crazy dominant. Was worried he might be the 2nd option and be relegated to simply 2nd or 3rd Team All-Conference honors.
I definitely fell in the same trap of avoiding Big10 and Gonzaga players because of too many mouths to feed.

I went with a lot of freshmen just because it's fun to try and hit it big on that.

next year I'll be more conservative in my picks and not try to hit so many home runs with freshmen who I never even heard of.

Oh wait, next year I pick last so I'll be taking a one year sabbatical, right @WojoRising 🤣

Trayce Jackson-Davis is coming back for another year. IU will also have Parker Stewart (19 ppg at UT Martin) and Xavier Johnson (14 ppg and 6 assists at Pitt). I wonder if he might be the #1 pick next season? Drew Timme, Chet Holmgren, and Hunter Dickinson are other names to consider.

Does anyone know how to change your Rivals name and is there a character limit?

"2021 CBB Player Draft Champ Boilerzz" has a nice ring to it.

lol that name is a little too long for my liking.

Didn't @ExitFlagger change his Rival username? Or was that a separate account altogether?

Trayce Jackson-Davis is coming back for another year. IU will also have Parker Stewart (19 ppg at UT Martin) and Xavier Johnson (14 ppg and 6 assists at Pitt). I wonder if he might be the #1 pick next season? Drew Timme, Chet Holmgren, and Hunter Dickinson are other names to consider.
Not if I have the number 1 pick!

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
How would we feel about next year just having @dukedevilz put us all in a randomizer and that’s how base the order, just so it isn’t flip flopping back and forth from one end to another. Then us middle of the alphabet names get a shot at the number 1 pick.

How would we feel about next year just having @dukedevilz put us all in a randomizer and that’s how base the order, just so it isn’t flip flopping back and forth from one end to another. Then us middle of the alphabet names get a shot at the number 1 pick.
I like it. Of course, then we would have to trust @dukedevilz. And can you ever really fully trust a Dukie?

Reactions: dukedevilz
Does anyone know how to change your Rivals name and is there a character limit?

"2021 CBB Player Draft Champ Boilerzz" has a nice ring to it.

Here's the info from the email they sent me awhile ago:

To change your Rivals username, please send an email to subscriptions@rivals.com with the following info:

• Your current Rivals username
  • The email address associated with your Rivals account
  • The reason why you want to change your Rivals username
  • The new Rivals username you'd like to have
  • An alternate Rivals username if your first choice is taken
I guess the limit would be however many characters are in Bert Higginbotha 🤣

A random generator seems fine to me. Just did one for fun, and this is what I got:

1. JimboBBN
2. MGC_07
3. hailtoyourvictor
4. dukedevilz
5. WeAreDePaul
6. Jaycg15
7. GE Nole
8. WojoRising
9. jwill133
10. boilerzz

Edit: Of course this won't be the order for next year. Just using this as an example. I would want a firm commitment from all of the posters before generating the draft order. Only thing that makes me nervous is if I'm randomly assigned 1st. Some might be suspicious. Maybe I could record the draft generator on my phone and post it.

Reactions: JimboBBN and MGC_07
The drop between 7th and 8th RollLaugh at least I beat Wojo. As always, thanks devilz
You lost AJ Green for the season after only his third game. And Terrence Clark only played 8 games. Tough blows. Those two could have had you much closer to the pack. Green probably would have been HM All-American.

Only if we can do some sort of zoom lottery type drawing to reveal the draft order. That would be hilarious, awesome and pathetic all at once.

I honestly think next season might be the toughest ever to project. We've never seen the transfer portal quite like this. Continuity won't be there for most teams. Some transfers will excel, others will struggle to transition. Should be some major flops in the opening rounds... and some enormous steals in the latter rounds.

Here are the awards for my top 150 guys that weren't drafted. I've bolded the players that were All-American or HM All-American. Makes me feel like my list was mostly good. How about Chris Duarte and Davion Mitchell? Those two guys went undrafted and absolutely killed it this year! They both made phenomenal progress.

Awards of undrafted top 150 players
60. Myreon Jones, Penn State, HM All Conference
66. Kendric Davis, SMU, HM All-American
70. Javion Hamlet, North Texas, 1st Team All-Conference
74. Isaiah Stevens, Colorado State, 2nd Team All-Conference
76. Douglas Wilson, South Dakota State, 2nd Team All-Conference
80. Derrick Alston, Boise State, 1st Team All-Conference
82. Jhivvan Jackson, UTSA, 1st Team All-Conference
85. Matt Mitchell, San Diego State, HM All-American
86. Quade Green, Washington, HM All-Conference
88. Aamir Simms, Clemson, 2nd Team All-Conference
91. Keith Williams, Cincinnati, 2nd Team All-Conference