ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 College Basketball Draft (Updated Standings)

@MGC_07 why do you keep bringing up PG depth?
You get bonus points for first team conference. Winston will take 1 spot. Stevens ain’t falling out. Wesson is going to make it as well. That leaves only 2 spots for Simpson, Cowen, Jalen Smith, Ayo Dosunmu, etc.

There is a huge difference between not taking the best available player and a reach. A reach would be picking someone that has no reason being picked in a certain range. Simpson being picked in the 3rd round is not a reach.

You doubling down on this is a bad look.
You didn’t take the BPA specifically to take a UM player, twice. That’s what I mean by reach. They would have fallen farther had you not taken them at their spots.

You get bonus points for first team conference. Winston will take 1 spot. Stevens ain’t falling out. Wesson is going to make it as well. That leaves only 2 spots for Simpson, Cowen, Jalen Smith, Ayo Dosunmu, etc.

Not sure what that has to do with PG depth. You’re aware positions don’t matter when it comes to all conference right?

You didn’t take the BPA specifically to take a UM player, twice. That’s what I mean by reach. They would have fallen farther had you not taken them at their spots.

Teske was a reach, not Simpson. Simpson went around where he was ranked.

Teske was a reach, not Simpson. Simpson went around where he was ranked.
Ok, I can agree with that. Maybe not a reach not necessarily the best pick possible. But again, like you said, it’s a free college basketball draft on a message board. Doesn’t really matter

Ok, I can agree with that. Maybe not a reach not necessarily the best pick possible. But again, like you said, it’s a free college basketball draft on a message board. Doesn’t really matter

Also,

Conference defensive player of the year is worth as much as 1st team all conference. You picked Simpson as your B1G defensive player of the year and said you’d put him on the first team overall but wanted positional balance.

So now I’m confused.

Also,

Conference defensive player of the year is worth as much as 1st team all conference. You picked Simpson as your B1G defensive player of the year and said you’d put him on the first team overall but wanted positional balance.

So now I’m confused.
I think Smith will be the best player on a top 10 team. And Ayo and him were a toss up, but I got Ayo in the 4th. The other 3 are shoe-ins.

Forgot about that DPOY thing. I rescind what I said. Better pick than I thought. He has a good shot at DPOY

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
I think Smith will be the best player on a top 10 team. And Ayo and him were a toss up, but I got Ayo in the 4th. The other 3 are shoe-ins.

Forgot about that DPOY thing. I rescind what I said. Better pick than I thought. He has a good shot at DPOY

Thanks

i think the teske pick was fine
There were about 10 people left on the board I would have taken ahead of him. Hail even admitted it was a bit of a reach. To each there own though. If he wants UM players on his team, he can do that.

Also have to remember that defensive wins shares are factored into the equation. Simpson and Teske were both in the top 10 in the country in defensive win shares. Here's an update on the draft. I always like to have the results posted near the top of a new page. @jwill133 is on the clock.

Round 1

1. Cassius Winston, Michigan State
2. Markus Howard, Marquette
3. Myles Powell, Seton Hall
4. Jordan Nwora, Louisville
5. Cole Anthony, North Carolina
6. James Wiseman, Memphis
7. Devon Dotson, Kansas
8. Anthony Edwards, Georgia
9. Kerry Blackshear, Florida
10. Udoka Azubuike, Kansas
11. Jarron Cumberland, Cincinnati
12. Jalen Smith, Maryland

Round 2
13. Tre Jones, Duke
14. Nico Mannion, Arizona
15. Kaleb Wesson, Ohio State
16. Isaiah Stewart, Washington
17. Anthony Cowan, Maryland
18. Killian Tillie, Gonzaga
19. Joshua Langford, Michigan State
20. Tyrese Maxey, Kentucky
21. Vernon Carey, Duke
22. Payton Pritchard, Oregon
23. Tristan Clark, Baylor
24. Anthony Lamb, Vermont

Round 3
25. Sam Merrill, Utah State
26. Jordan Ford, Saint Mary's
27. Mamadi Diakite, Virginia
28. Zavier Simpson, Michigan
29. Andrew Nembhard, Florida
30. Lamar Stevens, Penn State
31. Kamar Baldwin, Butler
32. Antoine Davis, Detroit
33. Tres Tinkle, Oregon State
34. Grant Riller, Charleston
35. McKinley Wright, Colorado
36. Omer Yurtseven, Georgetown

Round 4
37. Ashton Hagans, Kentucky
38. Desmond Bane, TCU
39. Tyler Bey, Colorado
40. Ayo Dosunmu, Illinois
41. Skylar Mays, LSU
42. Davide Moretti, Texas Tech
43. Jon Axel Gudmundsson, Davidson
44. Garrison Brooks, North Carolina
45. Kira Lewis, Alabama
46. John Mooney, Notre Dame
47. Tyrese Haliburton, Iowa State
48. Naji Marshall, Xavier

5th Round
49. Bryce Aiken, Harvard
50. Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Villanova
51. Markell Johnson, NC State
52. Jon Teske, Michigan
53. Armando Bacot, North Carolina
54. Charles Bassey, Western Kentucky

Has anyone seen @sdsufan10?

No activity on his account since he made his 5th round pick yesterday. He's got a couple hours left. He has until 3:39 Eastern.

@sdsufan10 you've already eclipsed the 24 hour limit twice. This could potentially be a third time. Can you please send me a direct message (or e-mail me at dukedevilz@yahoo.com) containing a list of your top 20 preferred players? This will help out a lot. The season starts two weeks from today.

Here's an update on the players taken so far:

Round 1

1. Cassius Winston, Michigan State
2. Markus Howard, Marquette
3. Myles Powell, Seton Hall
4. Jordan Nwora, Louisville
5. Cole Anthony, North Carolina
6. James Wiseman, Memphis
7. Devon Dotson, Kansas
8. Anthony Edwards, Georgia
9. Kerry Blackshear, Florida
10. Udoka Azubuike, Kansas
11. Jarron Cumberland, Cincinnati
12. Jalen Smith, Maryland

Round 2
13. Tre Jones, Duke
14. Nico Mannion, Arizona
15. Kaleb Wesson, Ohio State
16. Isaiah Stewart, Washington
17. Anthony Cowan, Maryland
18. Killian Tillie, Gonzaga
19. Joshua Langford, Michigan State
20. Tyrese Maxey, Kentucky
21. Vernon Carey, Duke
22. Payton Pritchard, Oregon
23. Tristan Clark, Baylor
24. Anthony Lamb, Vermont

Round 3
25. Sam Merrill, Utah State
26. Jordan Ford, Saint Mary's
27. Mamadi Diakite, Virginia
28. Zavier Simpson, Michigan
29. Andrew Nembhard, Florida
30. Lamar Stevens, Penn State
31. Kamar Baldwin, Butler
32. Antoine Davis, Detroit
33. Tres Tinkle, Oregon State
34. Grant Riller, Charleston
35. McKinley Wright, Colorado
36. Omer Yurtseven, Georgetown

Round 4
37. Ashton Hagans, Kentucky
38. Desmond Bane, TCU
39. Tyler Bey, Colorado
40. Ayo Dosunmu, Illinois
41. Skylar Mays, LSU
42. Davide Moretti, Texas Tech
43. Jon Axel Gudmundsson, Davidson
44. Garrison Brooks, North Carolina
45. Kira Lewis, Alabama
46. John Mooney, Notre Dame
47. Tyrese Haliburton, Iowa State
48. Naji Marshall, Xavier

5th Round
49. Bryce Aiken, Harvard
50. Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Villanova
51. Markell Johnson, NC State
52. Jon Teske, Michigan
53. Armando Bacot, North Carolina
54. Charles Bassey, Western Kentucky
55. Breein Tyree, Ole Miss
56. Alpha Diallo, Providence
57. Lamine Diane, CS Northridge
58. Isaiah Joe, Arkansas
59. Scottie Lewis, Florida
60. Kahlil Whitney

6th Round
61. JaQuan Lyle, New Mexico
62. Josh Green, Arizona

10 rounds, so that's 120 players. We're a little over the half-way mark. Before January 1st, I'd like everyone to lock-in on 8 players. Only 8 players will count towards your team's point total.

Reactions: MGC_07
@jace4655555 is dealt the first blow of the draft. I've been picking for him the last few rounds, so I gotta do what I can to keep his team competitive.

Homer pick. Jk. Very good pickup. Kind of crazy he fell to the 6th round, to be honest.
Especially with the Langford injury, now no doubt he is the second option. He’s an advanced metrics darling, and was the second option on a FF team.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I went back and read this entire thread. Pretty entertaining. I love college basketball but trying to keep track of players these days is ridiculous quite frankly.
The constant sparring between the UM and MSU guys is halarious also. Good luck and God speed gentlemen. I hope this draft finishes before the season begins. Also I think there should be some kind of Weekly or monthly score issued to keep the intrest going. Just a thought, but then again I have no clue exactly how the scoring system works.

ADVERTISEMENT