ADVERTISEMENT

15 Days until Selection Sunday

If by “this season” you mean “the last 5 years,” then yes you’re spot on.
If you lose early in the tournament, it'll still haunt.

With that, are you guys still on pace to break Duke's All time ACC record with consecutive home wins?

Reactions: GE Nole
I wonder if all the circumstances actually played a part? Some still, vehemently, no asterisk.

Circumstances couldn't have helped the product. I think the free agency for players (to be clear why not they deserve it) and the OAD just make it difficult for programs to mold players into a system. It's been a gradual drop not sure it happened all at once this season?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
For FSU, it's just a matter of breaking through, what is their projected seed? They on the 2/3 line???

Most seem to have us at 3 now, a few 4. Keep winning, those above keep getting upset as OU, Illinois, and Bama have this week, think 2 is likely.

We need to get healthy right now. Were without 2 starters and our back-up center vs Miami.

Most seem to have us at 3 now, a few 4. Keep winning, those above keep getting upset as OU, Illinois, and Bama have this week, think 2 is likely.

We need to get healthy right now. Were without 2 starters and our back-up center vs Miami.

Prolly want off that 4 line. But maybe not. I mean who knows.

For FSU, it's just a matter of breaking through, what is their projected seed? They on the 2/3 line???

I think it depends on what you mean by breaking through. If you define it as making a Final Four run, then yeah we still need to do that. Sucks last year was canceled because that team was healthy and starting to roll folks.

But personally, Final Four runs, while meaningful, aren’t the end all be all. Does anyone really care that VCU or South Carolina made a random run to the Final Four? Did it change the trajectory of those programs? Are they any better now because of it?

Consistent success, conference championships, making the second weekend on a routine basis, those are all things that really show a program is starting to operate at a higher level.

I think it depends on what you mean by breaking through. If you define it as making a Final Four run, then yeah we still need to do that. Sucks last year was canceled because that team was healthy and starting to roll folks.

But personally, Final Four runs, while meaningful, aren’t the end all be all. Does anyone really care that VCU or South Carolina made a random run to the Final Four? Did it change the trajectory of those programs? Are they any better now because of it?

Consistent success, conference championships, making the second weekend on a routine basis, those are all things that really show a program is starting to operate at a higher level.

I love FSU, I love the history of FSU vs Louisville, I've followed FSU for years obviously not as close as the posters here. The program is going great right now.

Break through - Final Four. I think everybody holds FSU in a respected view. This isn't some choking program or anything close to that.

I love FSU, I love the history of FSU vs Louisville, I've followed FSU for years obviously not as close as the posters here. The program is going great right now.

Break through - Final Four. I think everybody holds FSU in a respected view. This isn't some choking program or anything close to that.

Fair enough. And yeah, I consider UL a bigger rival in hoops than Miami. One, y’all are actually good, but also the Metro days were bad ass.

Reactions: Villian07
Fair enough. And yeah, I consider UL a bigger rival in hoops than Miami. One, y’all are actually good, but also the Metro days were bad ass.

Mitchell Wiggins was a pure shooter. That's how far back my FSU memory goes. I remember a few years earlier rugged front lines maybe.. Randy Alllen and Alton Lee Gipson. Wiggins after them right?

Mitchell Wiggins was a pure shooter. That's how far back my FSU memory goes. I remember a few years earlier rugged front lines maybe.. Randy Alllen and Alton Lee Gipson. Wiggins after them right?

Yeah, brother. Great memory. Some fun teams and games.

Yes. And we have tied the NCAA record for consecutive OT victories at 11. 1 more and it’s ours.
The longest home winning streak is 129 games. Some teenagers grew up without ever seeing UK lose at home. It was so devastating losing that game at home, the Capital building in Frankfort flew the state flag at half-staff the following day.

The longest home winning streak is 129 games. Some teenagers grew up without ever seeing UK lose at home. It was so devastating losing that game at home, the Capital building in Frankfort flew the state flag at half-staff the following day.

For some reason I thought of Bert while reading this.

Last edited:

Imagine going nearly 3 years and not seeing ur team lose. Yeah I was all UCLA growing up. The first basketball game I ever saw was UCLA-Houston. And the Bruin’s got beat. I was fascinated by the giant in the middle. Revenge was sweet and thorough. Good times.😁

That doesn’t surprise me at all lol.

FWIW, the record we are chasing currently isn’t home wins, but consecutive home wins against ACC opponents. We should beat BC at home on Wednesday and then have to wait until next year to break it. Will be interesting if the league sticks us with Duke or UNC in our first home game.

We WOULD be at about 35 straight home wins, but after building a double digit lead against UCF in late December our team thought Christmas break started early and threw up all over themselves in the last 15 min.

ADVERTISEMENT