ADVERTISEMENT

10 years ago today...

The Seventh Woods mixtape really made him look like a future Russell Westbrook. Off-the-chart athlete. Don't think anyone would have projected him to have a very below-average career. He averaged 2.7 ppg over the course of his 5-year collegiate career.
Did he change his name to Two-Point-Seven Woods? He didn't even average 5 ppg at Morgan State (in the mighty MEAC) as a 6th year grad transfer. Roy ruined him. 🤣

Did he change his name to Two-Point-Seven Woods? He didn't even average 5 ppg at Morgan State (in the mighty MEAC) as a 6th year grad transfer. Roy ruined him. 🤣

Two-Point-Seven Woods lmao. That's gold lol.

What's sad is his freshmen year HS mixtape looks infinitely better than his season highlights at South Carolina, 5 years removed from high school. This kid really did peak at age 14.

I think Roy jokingly called him like Fifth woods or something once and said he was waiting on Seventh to show up. He, umm, really struggled at the college level.

If it happened during the 15 year period I stopped watching basketball (2001-2016) there’s a good chance I missed it completely.

He was a freshmen on the 2017 UNC team that won the title. He struggled to see the court at UNC for 3 years. Transferred to South Carolina and then Morgan State. When that mixtape came out, I think we all thought he was destined for greatness. A 14 year-old kid with that kind of freak athleticism was eye-opening.

I think Roy jokingly called him like Fifth woods or something once and said he was waiting on Seventh to show up. He, umm, really struggled at the college level.

Supremely underwhelming career. Seemed like he played faster than he needed to - something was off. Maybe he lost a bit of his athleticism over the years, too? Just never would have projected a HS freshmen with those type of highlights would ride the bench in college for so long.

It's slow so I'll tell the story. At 4 I went to head start before lunch and Kindergarten after lunch. When 5 we moved to Seymour IN and they wouldn't let anyone into first grade unless they were 6. I attended kindergarten for a 2nd year. Was paddled once for grabbing ass. I basically peaked then.

TS

It's slow so I'll tell the story. At 4 I went to head start before lunch and Kindergarten after lunch. When 5 we moved to Seymour IN and they wouldn't let anyone into first grade unless they were 6. I attended kindergarten for a 2nd year. Was paddled once for grabbing ass. I basically peaked then.

TS
So that's when your obsession with BDSM began.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
No one has ever noticed my boner.
a0dc317c-4329-47b4-b681-c52dfe2cf70b_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
He was a freshmen on the 2017 UNC team that won the title. He struggled to see the court at UNC for 3 years. Transferred to South Carolina and then Morgan State. When that mixtape came out, I think we all thought he was destined for greatness. A 14 year-old kid with that kind of freak athleticism was eye-opening.

Supremely underwhelming career. Seemed like he played faster than he needed to - something was off. Maybe he lost a bit of his athleticism over the years, too? Just never would have projected a HS freshmen with those type of highlights would ride the bench in college for so long.

He did have a bunch of injuries IIRC that held him back but think he just wasn't skilled tough to be good at that level.

Wait, how in the world do you quit watching basketball for 15 years?

Care to share? Jail?

In 2000 I had my 3rd back surgery in 4 years. Up until that point I was a diehard hooper. Used to play 2-3 hours per day, 6-7 days per week. From age 18 until 30. even before then I was a diehard basketball fan since age 15 in the mid 80s. I was the kind of guy who would go to the drive way at half time to get in shots or work on something I saw in the game I was watching. after watching a game I often would go to the gym and play.

After back surgery #3 the doc told me I could never play basketball again. Became very depressed as a result. Even watching basketball made me sad and angry about my situation. After a year or so I just gave up on the sport altogether. Didn't help that my teams Depaul and the Bulls were terrible at that time.

Got back into my original sport hockey and started playing again. Became obsessed with hockey like I was with basketball. After about 15 years my basketball depression had faded. the Chicago blackhawks traded away Artemi Panarin which upset me so much I decided to boycott the Blackhawks and the NHL. Decided to give basketball another try. Started back with college and became a huge fan of Lonzo Ball at UCLA. Alsoa huge fan of Jalen Brunson since he went to my wife's high school.

The next year I decided to start following the NBA again cause i wnated to see more of Lonzo. that fall I also discovered Trae at the PK80 tournament. The rest I think you know.

In 2000 I had my 3rd back surgery in 4 years. Up until that point I was a diehard hooper. Used to play 2-3 hours per day, 6-7 days per week. From age 18 until 30. even before then I was a diehard basketball fan since age 15 in the mid 80s. I was the kind of guy who would go to the drive way at half time to get in shots or work on something I saw in the game I was watching. after watching a game I often would go to the gym and play.

After back surgery #3 the doc told me I could never play basketball again. Became very depressed as a result. Even watching basketball made me sad and angry about my situation. After a year or so I just gave up on the sport altogether. Didn't help that my teams Depaul and the Bulls were terrible at that time.

Got back into my original sport hockey and started playing again. Became obsessed with hockey like I was with basketball. After about 15 years my basketball depression had faded. the Chicago blackhawks traded away Artemi Panarin which upset me so much I decided to boycott the Blackhawks and the NHL. Decided to give basketball another try. Started back with college and became a huge fan of Lonzo Ball at UCLA. Alsoa huge fan of Jalen Brunson since he went to my wife's high school.

The next year I decided to start following the NBA again cause i wnated to see more of Lonzo. that fall I also discovered Trae at the PK80 tournament. The rest I think you know.
The doc said your basketball days were over but hockey was fine? 🤔

Also, Lonzo Ball? C'mon, man.

DC9sdWqXoAA6t2E.jpg

The doc said your basketball days were over but hockey was fine? 🤔

Also, Lonzo Ball? C'mon, man.

DC9sdWqXoAA6t2E.jpg

hockey is actually about 1000x better on your body than basketball. I'm talking non-check adult league hockey. Even check hockey is about 500x better for your body than basketball. skating is a zero impact activity.

The pounding you take on your body from all the running and jumping in basketball is way worse than anything that can happen to you in a hockey game.

That said, you can still hurt yourself in hockey from falling hard on the ice. I have a couple later surgeries just from that. ONe time caught a rut in the ice as I was turning from forwards to backwards and fell hard = surgery. One time a goon pulled me down from behind as I was turning him inside out = surgery. But my back is also about as sturdy as cellophane these days so not the best case study.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
hockey is actually about 1000x better on your body than basketball. I'm talking non-check adult league hockey. Even check hockey is about 500x better for your body than basketball. skating is a zero impact activity.

The pounding you take on your body from all the running and jumping in basketball is way worse than anything that can happen to you in a hockey game.

That said, you can still hurt yourself in hockey from falling hard on the ice. I have a couple later surgeries just from that. ONe time caught a rut in the ice as I was turning from forwards to backwards and fell hard = surgery. One time a goon pulled me down from behind as I was turning him inside out = surgery. But my back is also about as sturdy as cellophane these days so not the best case study.
Do you still play?

Do you still play?
I finally stopped playing leagues in 2017. had my 7th back surgery in 2012 and managed to hang on for a while after that. After 2017 I transitioned to old man private pick up sessions 3x per week. Those were a lot of fun. Great groups of guys, games to 5, always fun and competitive. Lots of friendly trash talking.

Was doing that until 2020 when I backed into the boards with the puck and hurt my back again really bad. Had back surgery #8 after that and was left with permanent nerve damage in my left leg and foot. can't feel parts of my left foot. So can't skate at all anymore.

Really can't do anything anymore excepts swim. Even walking hurts.

• Sad
I finally stopped playing leagues in 2017. had my 7th back surgery in 2012 and managed to hang on for a while after that. After 2017 I transitioned to old man private pick up sessions 3x per week. Those were a lot of fun. Great groups of guys, games to 5, always fun and competitive. Lots of friendly trash talking.

Was doing that until 2020 when I backed into the boards with the puck and hurt my back again really bad. Had back surgery #8 after that and was left with permanent nerve damage in my left leg and foot. can't feel parts of my left foot. So can't skate at all anymore.

Really can't do anything anymore excepts swim. Even walking hurts.
8 back surgeries?! Man, that is wild. Lumbar? My lower back is pretty f-ed up too but luckily I haven't had to have surgery yet.

By the way.... are you Adam Sandler? 🤔

8 back surgeries?! Man, that is wild. Lumbar? My lower back is pretty f-ed up too but luckily I haven't had to have surgery yet.

By the way.... are you Adam Sandler? 🤔
yea all lumbar. the first (i don't remember how many) were all for L5-S1 and the last bunch were all for L4-L5. Right leg issues with the L5-S1 and left leg issues with the L4-L5.

I'm a mess. I basically played more basketball in my 20s than anyone in the NBA and beat my body up severely, but don't have the NBA bank account to point to at the end of it.

and yes, I am Adam Sandler. How'd you figure it out?

yea all lumbar. the first (i don't remember how many) were all for L5-S1 and the last bunch were all for L4-L5. Right leg issues with the L5-S1 and left leg issues with the L4-L5.

I'm a mess. I basically played more basketball in my 20s than anyone in the NBA and beat my body up severely, but don't have the NBA bank account to point to at the end of it.

and yes, I am Adam Sandler. How'd you figure it out?

Jew that plays basketball and hockey.

little-nicky-dunk.gif
tumblr_ly62v25Rgh1r7uivno1_400.gif

ADVERTISEMENT