ADVERTISEMENT

“ Auburn has the best backcourt in the country “

UVA's sched has been absurd.

No one cares about UVA in the regular season though. We could be undefeated against the #1 schedule in the country and people would be saying/thinking "Yeah, but wait until the NCAA tourney". Our SOS will be just fine at the end of the year.

No one cares about UVA in the regular season though. We could be undefeated against the #1 schedule in the country and people would be saying/thinking "Yeah, but wait until the NCAA tourney". Our SOS will be just fine at the end of the year.
This year more than ever.

Reactions: PHXDukie
Exactly. So who cares about our NCSOS. Not a thing we do positively in the regular season will change people's perception of us.

Agreed. You'll likely be in the top 10 all year and end up with a 1 or 2 seed, so it won't matter much.

Reactions: PHXDukie
The Washington team that lost to NIT hopeful Minnesota?
I’m sure we could all nitpick every game. Obviously Michigan has been impressive so far. We trashed UW so bad probably ruined their whole season.

Unfortunately AU had to schedule some ultra trash clubs like St Pete’s and UNC Asheville that’s dragging the SOS. Got some nice tests coming up. @ NC St should be a good one next week. Get one of our best players back this week too.

I’m sure we could all nitpick every game. Obviously Michigan has been impressive so far. We trashed UW so bad probably ruined their whole season.

Unfortunately AU had to schedule some ultra trash clubs like St Pete’s and UNC Asheville that’s dragging the SOS. Got some nice tests coming up. @ NC St should be a good one next week. Get one of our best players back this week too.

How is anything I said nitpicking?

I don’t know what this means but AU isn’t gonna play a team on their level till the elite 8 at the earliest.
I guess you forgot about the final regular season matchup with TN. Conference title may be on the line, but by all means please overlook us. Maybe we will have already sealed the SEC regular season title at that point.

Ha. Seriously? Well you’re trying to say trashing UW wasn’t a good win. I never said they were some juggernaut. I mean UM beat Nova and UNC. I’d say those are nice wins but then I could nitpick and say those are teams that lost to NIT nopefuls Penn and Texas too.

Per Kenpom, Michigan has 4 wins better than any win Aurburn has. Sweet resume, bub.

I guess you forgot about the final regular season matchup with TN. Conference title may be on the line, but by all means please overlook us. Maybe we will have already sealed the SEC regular season title at that point.
There is simply no way UT is coming into our building and getting a W. We could certainly both be undefeated in league play or close to it going into that one.

Reactions: WDE_Tarp
There is simply no way UT is coming into our building and getting a W. We could certainly both be undefeated in league play or close to it going into that one.
You said play a team of elite 8 status. So I wanted to remind you that you play a top 5 team in conference .

Reactions: sgrooms
You said play a team of elite 8 status. So I wanted to remind you that you play a top 5 team in conference .
Looking forward to it. A long wait to see the class of the SEC do battle. I suspect the title will be on the line. Maybe a 1 seed.

Reactions: tnvol47
This would mean something if you actually beat Duke.
It means UM hasn’t played anyone as good as Duke. Pretty simple.

I said there aren’t a lot of teams with AUs resume and he got all bent like it was a shot at UM or something. Very strange.

It means UM hasn’t played anyone as good as Duke. Pretty simple.

I said there aren’t a lot of teams with AUs resume and he got all bent like it was a shot at UM or something. Very strange.

Except Michigan is one of the few teams with a better resume than Auburn. When he tried to point out that UM has better wins than Auburn, you brought up Duke like that mattered somehow. I'll take Michigan's wins over Auburn's wins all day. Auburn does have a good resume so far but it's not the best in the country or anything. I guess you think a really good resume means playing an elite team and losing to them. You also played some Division II team LOL. There are 353 Division 1 teams. Why the hell are you playing a DII team?

Except Michigan is one of the few teams with a better resume than Auburn. When he tried to point out that UM has better wins than Auburn, you brought up Duke like that mattered somehow. I'll take Michigan's wins over Auburn's wins all day. Auburn does have a good resume so far but it's not the best in the country or anything. I guess you think a really good resume means playing an elite team and losing to them. You also played some Division II team LOL. There are 353 Division 1 teams. Why the hell are you playing a DII team?
Easy does it turbo I never said it was better than UM. I said there arent many better. Then he got all bent and tried to nitpick everything so that’s where we were.

As far as the scheduling apparently we couldn’t find enough squads with the sack to play AU and had to schedule a couple scrubs. D2 was better than putting another ultra trash team on the schedule as the D2 games don’t count in the metrics.

Easy does it turbo I never said it was better than UM. I said there arent many better. Then he got all bent and tried to nitpick everything so that’s where we were.

As far as the scheduling apparently we couldn’t find enough squads with the sack to play AU and had to schedule a couple scrubs. D2 was better than putting another ultra trash team on the schedule as the D2 games don’t count in the metrics.

Did you ask Clemson? I'm sure they'd want another easy win.

Ha. I’m not even gonna go where you know I would I’ll just say kudos to a UVA fan for having the gall to bring up a tourney failure.

LOL I figured you would appreciate that. Shows you how little a **** I give about people bringing up UMBC.

Reactions: Denim Vest
To be fair, a few weeks ago Duke had a top 10 SOS per Kenpom. K always schedules easier competition before finals. This 74 is more of a timing thing than anything.

You could literally say this about EVERY team in the nation with <10 games played. I just bring it up for all those who are trying to rank the top 8 based on SOS and who each team has beaten. Honestly, it doesn't really matter as teams have over 20 games to create their resumes.

After UMBC game last year, UVA fans need to be quiet about this stuff. Deserve all the smack for that historic upset. Watch Cavs make title game this year as 2 or 3 seed :)

So you think TN can go toe to toe on neutral courts and lose in OT to KU and beat Gonz, but they can't win at mighty Aub? Not saying it will happen, but dismissing the possibility is funny.

Reactions: KisteK
After UMBC game last year, UVA fans need to be quiet about this stuff. Deserve all the smack for that historic upset. Watch Cavs make title game this year as 2 or 3 seed :)

I don't need to be quiet about anything bruh. I take all the smack talk given to me here just fine. Make fun of me about UMBC all you want. And if we win the championship this year, they better make a ****ing 30 for 30 about that shit

So you think TN can go toe to toe on neutral courts and lose in OT to KU and beat Gonz, but they can't win at mighty Aub? Not saying it will happen, but dismissing the possibility is funny.
I don’t think anyone can beat us on our home court. Particularly the last game of the season. I mean is it theoretically possible I suppose. It’s a long way out so things can change but I got that one marked as a W. Auburn is a lot more talented than UT but they sure are a scrappy bunch.

We did beat UT head to head by double digits last year in Knoxville with a 7-8 man rotation, so anything is possible.

Reactions: WDE_Tarp

Agreed. Grant Williams is the most overrated SEC POT in the history of the league. Even back when it was all chalkies. They couldn't beat us at half strength at home last year, we will trounce them at home.

Agreed. Grant Williams is the most overrated SEC POT in the history of the league. Even back when it was all chalkies. They couldn't beat us at half strength at home last year, we will trounce them at home.
okie dokie. You guys are pretty confident. Should be fun.

Don't think Rick has any issue with his team being the "less talented, scrappy bunch".

Reactions: olsonab
I don’t know about huge but yeah it would be pretty disappointing. Should win the whole thing if we play to our ability but you never know what can happen in the tourney.
You will be lucky to win the SEC much less the whole thing.

Hope you don't have to play a 16 seed this year.

How good is UAB’s back court?

Probably about the same as Western Michigan’s, who lost to Ole Miss by about 30 a few weeks ago. :)

Ha, just messing and definitely don’t think we are the greatest around like my AU cohort does, but we certainly have the pieces if everything goes our way just like 10-12 other teams do. But, we have a shitload to improve on and have way too much talent to have to rely on Jared Harper when things get tough and when we aren’t hitting three’s.

Will be a fun season regardless and wish y’all the best.

PS. Did you see Crean pull a ‘Crean’ today against ASU? Typical lol.

I don’t think anyone can beat us on our home court. Particularly the last game of the season. I mean is it theoretically possible I suppose. It’s a long way out so things can change but I got that one marked as a W. Auburn is a lot more talented than UT but they sure are a scrappy bunch.
Obviously you're new at this. Just because you're finally seeing some success on the plains, doesn't mean your team is invincible.

There's a big difference between being the hunter and being the hunted. AU is now one of the hunted.

Keep in mind, AU lives and dies by the outside shot. That is not a recipe for ultimate success. You're going to lose some games you shouldn't lose with that style of game.

Heck, the UAB game is a prime example.

Reactions: tw3301 and sgrooms
Obviously you're new at this. Just because you're finally seeing some success on the plains, doesn't mean your team is invincible.

There's a big difference between being the hunter and being the hunted. AU is now one of the hunted.

Keep in mind, AU lives and dies by the outside shot. That is not a recipe for ultimate success. You're going to lose some games you shouldn't lose with that style of game.

Heck, the UAB game is a prime example.
Ha. Well I like to think I’ve been recognized as a college hoops expert for a reason.

AU lost 1 game at home last year and that was against the one team we matched up horribly with in TAMU. It was by 1 in a game Bryce Brown got hurt in the 1st half and missed the last 30 or so mins. So yeah I’d be surprised if someone beats us there considering we’re much better now.

And of course you’re analysis is wrong. Auburn plays great D, turns teams over, is lethal in transition and goes hard on the glass. Just so happen to also shoot a lot of 3s. Typically make a lot of 3s.

Then again we also have a potentially dominant post presence as Wiley comes along. Got other guys that can get to the basket and/or make plays in the post. Really got it all a terrible game against UAB which we still won not withstanding. Having the best PG in the country is a blessing on nights it all goes to shit.

Even more telling is Auburn had to schedule UAB and nearly got whipped. It would have been better to play Kansas at Kansas and lose than that.

Two top 25 teams in Auburn's OOC and that was Washington's only time at 25. The Duke game was great and a good showing, but Auburn's schedule if weaker than a mid major. I know that part of that is not Auburn's fault, but they could have scheduled better teams by going on the road a little.

Even more telling is Auburn had to schedule UAB and nearly got whipped. It would have been better to play Kansas at Kansas and lose than that.

Two top 25 teams in Auburn's OOC and that was Washington's only time at 25. The Duke game was great and a good showing, but Auburn's schedule if weaker than a mid major. I know that part of that is not Auburn's fault, but they could have scheduled better teams by going on the road a little.
Well we’re in luck cause we play @ NC St on Wednesday. The schedule is fine. UAB counts as a true road game. Played 3 good neutral site games in Maui. Washington and Dayton are still good games. Play Murray St that’ll be another decent one.

Our schedule is gonna end up being a lot better than a bunch of teams in the mix for a high seed. Sure it’s not UK or KUs but it’s on par with most others and certainly better than any mid majors. Nevada’s schedule is a disgrace. It’ll end up being better than Gonzaga’s.

Well we’re in luck cause we play @ NC St on Wednesday. The schedule is fine. UAB counts as a true road game. Played 3 good neutral site games in Maui. Washington and Dayton are still good games. Play Murray St that’ll be another decent one.

Our schedule is gonna end up being a lot better than a bunch of teams in the mix for a high seed. Sure it’s not UK or KUs but it’s on par with most others and certainly better than any mid majors. Nevada’s schedule is a disgrace. It’ll end up being better than Gonzaga’s.
Gonzaga's schedule this year is tough but I agree with your point; it is the first time in my memory that they have had a good schedule.

The western part of the country does not play good basketball. The East is where it is best.

The SEC across the board has improved scheduling a lot the last five years. It will eventually pay off. In the mean time Pearl needs to beef up his schedule and he needs to take some risk by going on the road to play some big boys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT